Linda Witchell FHS Specialist in anxiety and bereavement issues
Hi I specialise in helping you to break free of stress and anxiety and learn to love life again. Is anxiety contributing to weight gain? Perhaps you are scared of injections, worried about flying or an exam or terrified of public speaking.
Some people are suffering a loss or maybe it's a work or personal problem that is making you feel apprehensive and fearful. You know that you want things to change but you feel stuck, or maybe you find it difficult to talk about something like anxiety.
Don't suffer any more. learn to break free, fast. Stop saying I can't because......and start to feel confident that you can do what you want to do.
I help people like you to cope and feel better without that additional worry. I'm professional and friendly.
Who do I help?
I help adults and young people who want something to change through the power of their own mind and are willing and able to be hypnotised. Often these people have tried other methods such as willpower, other therapies or medication.
I especially help working people who struggle to take time off work by offering face to face day and evening appointments or online hypnosis via videoconferencing.
I know you want a fast and effective service.
See what others are saying about me- testimonials on Google and my website www.awakenthechange.com
What benefits can my service offer you?
*A free initial consultation - face to face or over the telephone.
*Easy access- online or face to face in Bournemouth
*Bespoke programmes that offer so much more including hypnosis downloads to listen to at home, information through e-books, handouts etc
*Great value and competitive charges with a clear pricing system agreed beforehand with no hidden costs
*Flexible payment methods- Secure online payments through www.awakenthechange.com. Credit/debit cards accepted with card on the day, or cash (face to face appointments).
A master hypnosis practitioner who strives to get you the results you want.
A confidential, caring and professional service.
What is unique about me?
- I'm a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society you can be assured that my credentials have been checked.
- I'm highly qualified to masters degree level and have completed research in hypnosis for test anxiety.
- I often combine Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with hypnosis as there is evidence that it often improves the effectiveness of treatment.
- I'm a retired nurse so I have medical knowledge to understand diseases and health care services.
- I have developed some specialist packages based on evidence and my own experiences, for example, I have a unique 2 session Stop smoking package.
- I'm a trainer, public speaker and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I have many years of experience as a hypnotherapist and run my own business in Bournemouth.
- I provide online hypnotherapy via videoconferencing, e.g Zoom/Skype/Vsee.
- I provide professionally produced hypnotic audio recordings for people to buy from my website (www.awakenthechange.com ).
- I am a public speaker on all things related to hypnosis and communication.
- I am a teacher, trainer and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I work full time.
What can I help you with?
- I specialise in stress and anxiety issues, for example, work and personal stress/ anxiety-related problems
- Panic attacks
- Fears of injections, doctors or anything medical
- Lack of confidence
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety e.g. worried about going into hospital
- Other fears and phobias e.g. fear of flying, fear of being sick, fear of spiders etc.
- Exam/ test anxiety
- Driving nerves
- Habits such as nail-biting
- Worries about public speaking
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual problems that are caused by stress and anxiety
- Weight loss including gastric band hypnosis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Some skin problems
- General aches and pains due to stress
- Problems with sleeping
- Pain management
- Difficulties making decisions
- Relationship problems
and much more
I also specialise in Bereavement, grief and loss for example-
- Helping you to deal with negative feelings after someone dies
- Helping you with managing issues after a divorce
- Helping you to accept when your son or daughter leaves home
With grief problems, I often integrate hypnosis techniques with counselling for grief.
What happens at the first session?
We get to know each other. I ask you questions and you can ask me questions. I provide information about hypnosis and my approach and we make an agreement on how we will work together. After explaining the process I help you to relax and go into a hypnotic state. You will not become unconscious, go to sleep or lose control. Most people require 3 - 5 sessions. Stop smoking usually requires 2 sessions.
Some clients are offered hypnosis online via webcam. Again everything is explained beforehand and an agreement is made for the number of sessions which are paid for in advance. There are lots of benefits of having online hypnosis if you can't meet me face to face. Check out my website for more information- www.awakenthechange.com
Subsequent sessions are similar offering you information, discussing your progress and hypnosis.
All clients are offered a relaxation audio recording, information handouts if required and email support between sessions if needed and that's all included in the price.
Get back control. Feel better. Learn more...
How can I find out more?
Visit my website.
Email me: email@example.com
Call me: 01202 248468 / 07982258376 (If I don't answer please leave a message as I will probably be teaching or with a client. I aim to return calls within 24 hours).
You can visit me for a free initial consultation at Awaken the Change, 1072 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH7 6DS. (situated between Pokesdown station and Iford Bridge.) There are plenty of buses and free parking on the street outside the office so there is easy access from many other towns. All appointments must be booked in advance.
Clients visit me from all areas of Dorset including Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood, Verwood, Ferndown, West Moors, Parley, Broadstone, and other areas from the south of England.
Clients from the rest of the UK, Ireland, and other parts of the world including Europe, Australia and New Zealand use my online hypnosis service.
What can make it more difficult about choosing a hypnotherapist is that not all hypnotherapists have the same training and experience so please compare my qualifications and experience
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Hypnosis, Research, Medicine and Clinical Practice (Bournemouth University)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Counselling (Chrysalis)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) (Marisa Peer Method Hypnotherapy)
- Certificate in Mesmerism - Magnetista Junior, NLP International/ ISI-CNV
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC Award)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Certificate in Executive and Personal Coaching (Barefoot Coaching)
- Diploma in Well-being and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Retired Registered General Nurse
- Cruse Bereavement Care course
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Supervisors Course (Ascentis)
- Hypnotherapy Supervisors Course (GHR accredited)
- Masters degree in Interprofessional and Community Care
- BSc(Hons) Nursing
- Teaching experience/qualifications - Certificate VI in Training and Assessing (Trainwell, Australia), City & Guilds 730, TEFL, Teaching Business Language
- EFT Practitioner
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The General Hypnotherapy Register
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
National Hypnotherapy Society
The National Hypnotherapy Society is a Learned Society whose primary purpose is the advancement of the knowledge of hypnotherapy and the fostering of professional hypnotherapy expertise through training, accreditation and continued professional development of their members. The Society seeks to contribute to public wellbeing both through the use of hypnotherapy and by ensuring that hypnotherapists are safe, competent and ethical in practice.
Professional Hypnotherapy Network
Professional Hypnotherapy Network
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Executive & Personal/Life Coach
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Hypnobirthing (Easybirthing)
- Sports hypnosis
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
- Pain control
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME/ Fibromyalgia using the Hi5 protocol
- High blood pressure (Primary or Essential Hypertension)
- Self hypnosis
- Stress management
- Pet Bereavement
I also provide
- Training sessions for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Supervision for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Talks for charities, and other organisations on mind change work.
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
*No hidden charges. All prices are displayed on my websites. I do not charge extra for evening or Saturday appointments.
*A Complimentary initial consultation (30 minutes) No obligation, it's Free.
Let's have a chat. You can ask me questions and get to know me. Together we work out the best way forward for you.
*Hypnotherapy programmes of 3 sessions plus a relaxation audio recording- £255
Sessions face-to-face or online via Zoom.
Most people require this three-session programme. It also consists of professionally produced audio to listen to at home, any information sheets and email/telephone contact between sessions if required.
NB, It is possible to pay per session at £90 per session.
* Stop Smoking Programme - one or two sessions - £295
Stop smoking cigarettes or stop E-cigarettes
This programme is different. I have been a nurse and worked in smoke stop clinics in the NHS, so I have met many people over the years who want to quit and understand may difficulties people face.
Part one builds your motivation and provides you with information as well as a hypnotherapy session.
Part 2 continues to help you build that determination to quit with a unique hypnotherapy session. Also, you get tips for success, a book of information on stopping smoking, a hypnotic audio recording and email support for two weeks after you have quit. Hypnotherapy is tailored to your specific needs. Only choose this programme if you are 100% sure that you want to become a non-smoker.
Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) programme £250
One session of hypnotherapy around 90 mins - face to face or via Skype / Zoom /Vsee. Includes an audio recording to listen to every day for 21 days and email support for three weeks.
*Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss Programme - £450
(Includes Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis if we agree this is right for you).
In this programme you get 5 sessions of hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), an audio recording to listen to daily, an e-book with tips and things to keep you motivated, email support between sessions and a food diary if you need it.
In addition, you get personalised /telephone email support, if required.
All weight loss programmes are a partnership with you where healthy eating and increasing activity is required. There is no requirement to go on special diets or join a gym but you are required to make changes to your eating and activity. To get the best results you will be required to read handouts, make some changes to your life, listen to CDs and make a food diary between sessions.
*Hypnotherapy Irritable Bowel Programme - £450
Usually 4 to 5 sessions. In addition, you get CDs to listen to at home, personalised email/telephone support if needed and handouts.
Clients should have had a diagnosis of IBS from a doctor before starting this programme.
*Small Group Weight- loss Programme (5 - 10 people in a group) 5 X 1 hour per Week Programme. £100 per person for the full programme paid before or at session one.
It may be possible for me to come to your home/venue if you would prefer this. Additional travelling expenses would be required.
Get a group of your friends together and cut the cost as well as reducing your weight. Handouts and audio recording included.
*Specialist group and corporate stress management/resilience/relaxation sessions - price on the application as it depends on your requirements and number of people.
I am a registered hypnotherapy supervisor with the General Hypnotherapy Register and the National Hypnotherapy Society.
Please contact me for more information, dates and fees.
Additional services offered include:
*Hypnotherapy supervision for qualified hypnotherapists £60 per hour (Trainee hypnotherapists £50)
Includes a supervision contract, email and telephone support for between sessions if required. Face to face or via Zoom, Vsee, Skype/telephone
I am a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society
Easy ways to pay for your investment
Payments are by cash or credit/debit card payments at session one only for face to face clients or in advance. Online payments via my secure website.
Please note, All clients are seen by appointment only, I do not charge extra for Saturday or evening appointments.
Appointments online or face to face in Bournemouth, Dorset
Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm.
Some Saturday appts 10am - 6pm.
Free initial consultation. *Clients only seen by appointment.
Along with my skills as a hypnotherapist I can offer additional solutions to your problems:
Counselling. I have a special interest in helping clients who come to me with grief/loss/bereavement issues. I also help people who have lost a pet. I am an integrative counsellor. This means that I use a variety of approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner (EFT). This is often called tapping on energy lines. So with your agreement, I may decide to add this technique to hypnotherapy sessions.
Mindfulness/self-hypnosis. I teach clients these techniques to use at home to learn to relax more.
Qualified Life Coach. Coaching works well with hypnotherapy as it helps you to plan goals. I coach individuals with stress-related problems, career/ work issues and healthcare staff.
Executive and Business Coach. I have a special interest in stress management in the workplace for small and medium-sized business. I help individuals and small groups.
Stress management/resilience trainer. I have had additional training in organisational stress management and individual stress-related issues.
I am also a specialist in individual Derive Coaching (Walk and Talk Coaching) to help people who want a new and effective way to change using the environment and metaphors.
I'm a supervisor for other hypnotherapists and counsellors.
Please inform me if you have any special needs and/ or mobility difficulties.
To find out more, please visit my website www.awakenthechange.co.uk.