Awaken The Change
1072 Christchurch Road
01202 248468 / 07982 258376
Are you feeling stressed or anxious? Maybe you get panic attacks or have fears or phobias? You want things to change but it might feel a bit embarrassing or difficult to talk about something like anxiety.
Don't suffer any more. I help adults like you to cope and feel better without that additional worry.
As a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society you can be assured that I'm professional, experienced and friendly.
Free initial consultation on the phone or face to face first to answer your questions. Lets chat and work out the best way forward for you. There are no hidden charges so you know what you get before booking your first session.
Get back control. Feel better. Learn more...
Contact me today. T. 01202 248468.
Specialising in stress and anxiety issues for example
- Work and personal stress/ anxiety related problems
- Help with panic attacks
- Health anxiety e.g. needle phobia, worried about going into hospital
- Fears and phobias e.g. fear of flying, fear of being sick, fear of spiders etc.
- Exam nerves
- Driving nerves
- Habits such as nail biting
- Worries about public speaking
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual problems that are caused by stress and anxiety
- Some skin problems
- General aches and pains due to stress
- Problems with sleeping
- Difficulties making decisions
- Relationship problems
- and much more
Also specialising in Bereavement, grief and loss for example-
- Helping you to deal with negative feelings after someone dies
- Helping you with managing issues after a divorce
- Helping you to accept when your son or daughter leaves home
Linda is a teacher/trainer and a supervisor of other hypnotherapists and counsellor.
Clients visit her from all areas of Dorset including Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood, Verwood, Ferndown, West Moors, Parley, Broadstone, and other areas from the south of England. Her office is at Awaken the Change, 1072 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH7 6DS. (situated between Pokesdown station and Iford Bridge.) There are plenty of buses and free parking on the street outside the office so there is easy access from many other towns.
Contact Linda today for a Complimentary, no obligation consultation and find out more. T. 01202 248468
Hi I'm Linda.
I'm a lot like you because sometimes it can feel difficult to contact someone for help especially if the issue is personal. Feeling unsure about something can result in more anxious feelings. You may ask yourself 'What can I say?', 'I will feel stupid if I cry', 'Where can I start to tell my story?' I believe that we can all learn to change something if only we have the support to do it so make that first move so please contact me as I want to help you feel so much better.
What can make it more difficult about choosing a hypnotherapist is that not all hypnotherapists have the same training and experience so please compare my qualifications and experience.
I work full time from my own dedicated premises in Bournemouth.
Please read everything about me here and on my website as you will find that I offer a lot more at prices that are clearly displayed.
You want a venue that is easy to find and confidential. If you are like me you don't want hassles finding the place
I offer easy access as I work full time from my dedicated practice at 1072 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth. I have appointments available during the day, evenings and some Saturdays. There is free parking close-by at both venues. There are lots of buses along Christchurch Road and Pokesdown railway station is only a short walk away.
You want your personal information kept safe and to talk to someone who won't judge you. I would want this too especially if I was talking to someone about my personal life.
I offer a confidential and professional service that is tailored to your needs. I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office and I adhere to the Data Protection Act to keep your personal information safe. Please see my website or contact me if you want further information about confidentiality.
I help people of all backgrounds. I follow an ethical code of conduct.
You want to feel confident that you will get a good service that helps you. Of course you do; you don't want to waste you hard earned money.
I offer you a Free initial consultation on the phone, via Skype or face to face so you can check me out and ask me questions before engaging my services.
I help you to get the results you want and I can show you evaluation forms and real testimonials from previous clients. I include additional audio recordings and any handouts that might be helpful in the price. I also teach my clients self-hypnosis so you will be able to use these new stills in the future.
I can help you with your personal or work related issues or both.
I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register, the National Hypnotherapy Society, the Professional Hypnotherapy Network, the National Counselling Society, Complementary and Natural Health care Council, the International Coaching Federation and the Royal College of Nursing so you know that my training and credentials have been checked.
I have additional qualifications and experiences in counselling and coaching that compliment my hypnotherapy work.
I'm a volunteer providing help for bereaved people through Cruse Bereavement Care.
I love animals and I also specialise in Pet Loss and bereavement.
I'm a qualified hypnotherapy and bereavement counselling supervisor for other therapists.
I'm a wife, mother and I love travelling and meeting new people.
What happens when I come for my appointment?
Firstly you choose the time that suits you best and that I can accommodate. During our first meeting we get to know each other. I answer your questions and suggest the number of sessions or package that I think you will require and the price so you know what to expect. If you decide to go ahead you can book an appointment.
If you decide that you would rather have only coaching or counselling or not to continue that's OK. I want you to feel comfortable, never pressured, because seeking help has often been a big decision to make for most people.
My aim is to work with you to empower you to make changes that will help you to feel better and achieve results. You need to be motivated and fully committed to making changes, willing to practice relaxation/ read information handouts or listen to hypnosis audio recordings between sessions and attend sessions regularly as agreed at the beginning.
What benefits does your service offer?
- A Free no obligation consultation - face to face or over the telephone
- Confidential, caring and professional service by an experienced practitioner with a toolkit of solutions
- Easy access. Appointments in Bournemouth, Dorset.
- Day, evening and some Saturday appointments
- CDs/MP3s and handouts included in the price when required
- Plenty of free parking on the street around my Bournemouth office. Free parking near Penny's Hill Practice, Ferndown Medical Centre on Tuesday mornings.
- Full 1 hour sessions or other longer times as agreed in advance
- Competitive charges
- A clear pricing system agreed beforehand with no hidden costs
- Flexible payment methods- Credit/debit cards accepted with card on the day, cash, Paypal or BACS
- An ethical and safe service. Please note I do not take on all clients that come to see me as I want you to get the best treatment. That might mean another professional is best suited for your needs so I would signpost you to other services e.g. mental health teams.
Ask me about my 'Walk and Talk' coaching. It's a good way to start our sessions by going for a walk outside in nature as it can help you explain the issues and start to find the solutions.
Group work includes Relaxation classes, 'Stress Management,', "Boost your Confidence, 'Resilience Building', 'Developing Creative Writing', 'Stopping Writers Block', ''An Introduction to Mindfulness' and more.
I'm a public speaker and a member of Toastmasters.
I also do corporate work. Some FREE 'Introduction to hypnotherapy' small group sessions available- call me for details of the next group.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Counselling (Chrysalis)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) (Marisa Peer Method Hypnotherapy)
- Certificate in Mesmerism - Magnetista Junior, NLP International/ ISI-CNV
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC Award)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Certificate in Executive and Personal Coaching (Barefoot Coaching)
- Diploma in Wellbeing and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Retired Registered General Nurse
- Cruse Bereavement Care course
- Supervisors Course (Ascentis)
- Hypnotherapy Supervisors Course (GHR accredited)
- Masters degree in Interprofessional and Community Care
- BSc(Hons) Nursing
- Teaching experience/qualifications - Certificate VI in Training and Assessing (Trainwell, Australia), City & Guilds 730, TEFL, Teaching Business Language
- EFT Practitioner
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Executive & Personal/Life Coach
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Hypnobirthing (Easybirthing)
- Sports hypnosis
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
- Pain control
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME/ Fibromyalgia using the Hi5 protocol
- High blood pressure (Primary or Essential Hypertension)
- Self hypnosis
- Stress management
- Pet Bereavement
Photos & videos
Please compare my qualifications, experience, and training. Competitive prices. Dedicated therapy rooms in Bournemouth.
You get great value as the price includes so much more including a personalised treatment plan, a professionally produced recording and handouts etc. if required.
No hidden charges. I do not charge extra for evening or Saturday appointments.
*A Complimentary initial consultation (30 minutes) No obligation, its Free.
*Hypnotherapy programmes of 3 sessions plus a relaxation audio recording £225
* Hypnotherapy for Smoking Cessation - one session of around 90 mins - £199
Hypnotherapy per session £80
Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) programme £225 - one session of hypnotherapy around 90 mins - face to face or via Skype / Zoom /Vsee. Includes a audio recording to listen to every day for 21 days and email support for 3 weeks.
*Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss.
Virtual Gastric Band Hypnotherapy - £350
This 4 or 5 session programme that combines suggestion hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you reduce the amount you eat and make changes to your lifestyle. You will be given CDs to listen to at home and handouts to read.
In addition you get personalised /telephone email support, a food diary and handouts if required.
All weight loss programmes are a partnership with you where healthy eating and increasing activity is required. To get the best results you will be required to read handouts, make some changes to your life, listen to CDs and make a food diary between sessions.
*Hypnotherapy Irritable Bowel Programme - £350
Usually 4 to 5 sessions. In addition you get CDs to listen to at home, personalised email/telephone support if needed and handouts.
Clients should have had a diagnosis of IBS from a doctor.
*Small Group Weight- loss Programme (up to 10 people in a group) 5 X 1 hour per Week Programme. £100 per person for full programme.
It may be possible for me to come to your home/venue if you would prefer this. Additional travelling expenses would be required.
Get a group of your friends together and cut the cost as well as reducing your weight. Handouts and CDs included. Full amount payable at session 1.
*Specialist group and corporate stress management/resilience/relaxation sessions - price on application as it depends on your requirements and number of people.
I am a registered hypnotherapy supervisor with the General Hypnotherapy Register and the National Hypnotherapy Society.
Please contact me for more information, dates and fees.
Additional services offered include:
*Hypnotherapy supervision for qualified hypnotherapists £60 per hour (Trainee hypnotherapists £50)
Includes a supervision contract, email and telephone support for between sessions if required. Face to face or via Skype/telephone
Easy ways to pay for your investment
Payments is by cash or credit/debit card payable at session one or in advance. No cheques please. Alternately BACS payments can be made prior to the appointment. For more information on pricing please contact me email@example.com and visit my web site www.awakenthechange.com .
Please note, All clients are seen by appointment only, I do not charge extra for Saturday or evening appointments.
Along with my skills as a hypnotherapist I can offer additional solutions to your problems:
Counselling. I have a special interest in helping clients who come to me with grief/loss/bereavement issues. I also help people who have lost a pet. I am an integrative counsellor. This means that I use a variety of approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner (EFT). This is often called tapping on energy lines. So with your agreement I may decide to add this technique to hypnotherapy sessions.
Mindfulness/self hypnosis. I teach clients these technique to use at home to learn to relax more.
Qualified Life Coach. Coaching works well with hypnotherapy as it helps you to plan goals. I coach individuals with stress related problems, career/ work issues and healthcare staff.
Executive and Business Coach. I have a special interest in stress management in the workplace for small and medium sized business. I help individuals and small groups.
Stress management/resilience trainer. I have had additional training in organisational stress management and individual stress related issues.
I am also a specialist in individual Derive Coaching (Walk and Talk Coaching) to help people who want a new and effective way to change using the environment and metaphors.
I'm a supervisor for other hypnotherapists and counsellors.
Please inform me if you have any special needs and/or mobility difficulties.
To find out more please visit my website www.awakenthechange.co.uk
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm. Some Saturday appts 9am - 6pm. Occasionally short notice appointments available. Ask for a Free initial consultation. Clients only seen by appointment.