FHS Specialist in stress, anxiety and bereavement issues
Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
If you are feeling like you are in a rut and want to break free of stress and anxiety and learn to love life again I can help.
Stress and anxiety affect us all in different ways so you get a bespoke service that aims to meet your specific needs. For some people they have fears or phobias or get panic attacks, other people can't sleep, bite their nails or have toilet problems. There are so many ways stress and anxiety can affect us all.
With a background of over 30 years as a registered nurse and 14 years as a hypnotherapist and counsellor, I am professional, friendly and highly trained to offer you great support and help you to get results fast.
So if it's a work or personal problem that is making you feel apprehensive and fearful or you just know that something must change please contact me.
Who do I help?
I help adults and young people who want something to change through the power of their own mind and are willing and able to be hypnotised. Often these people have tried other methods such as willpower, other therapies or medication.
I especially help working people who struggle to take time off work by offering face to face day and evening appointments or online hypnosis via videoconferencing.
We are all busy soI know you want a fast and effective service.
See what others are saying about me- testimonials on Google and my website www.awakenthechange.com
What benefits can my service offer you?
*A free initial consultation - face to face or over the telephone.
*Easy access- online or face to face in Bournemouth
*Bespoke programmes that offer so much more including hypnosis downloads to listen to at home, information through e-books, handouts etc
*Great value and competitive charges with a clear pricing system agreed beforehand with no hidden costs
*Flexible payment methods- Secure online payments through www.awakenthechange.com. Credit/debit cards accepted with card on the day, or cash (face to face appointments).
A master hypnosis practitioner who strives to get you the results you want.
A confidential, caring and professional service.
What is unique about me?
- I'm a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society you can be assured that my credentials have been checked.
- I'm highly qualified to masters degree level and have completed research in hypnosis for test anxiety.
- I often combine Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with hypnosis as there is evidence that it often improves the effectiveness of treatment.
- I'm a retired nurse so I have the medical knowledge to understand diseases and health care services.
- I have developed some specialist packages based on evidence and my own experiences, for example, I have a unique 2 session Stop smoking package.
- I'm a trainer, public speaker and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I have many years of experience as a hypnotherapist and run my own business in Bournemouth.
- I provide online hypnotherapy via videoconferencing, e.g Zoom/Skype/Vsee.
- I provide professionally produced hypnotic audio recordings for people to buy from my website (www.awakenthechange.com ).
- I am a public speaker on all things related to hypnosis and communication.
- I am a teacher, trainer and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I work full time.
What can I help you with?
- I specialise in stress and anxiety issues, for example, work and personal stress/ anxiety-related problems
- Panic attacks
- Fears of injections, doctors or anything medical
- Lack of confidence
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety e.g. worried about going into hospital
- Other fears and phobias e.g. fear of flying, fear of being sick, fear of spiders etc.
- Exam/ test anxiety
- Driving nerves
- Habits such as nail-biting
- Worries about public speaking
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual problems that are caused by stress and anxiety
- Weight loss including gastric band hypnosis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Some skin problems
- General aches and pains due to stress
- Problems with sleeping
- Pain management
- Difficulties making decisions
- Relationship problems
and much more
I also specialise in Bereavement, grief and loss for example-
- Helping you to deal with negative feelings after someone dies
- Helping you with managing issues after a divorce
- Helping you to accept when your son or daughter leaves home
With grief problems, I often integrate hypnosis techniques with counselling for grief.
What happens at the first session?
We get to know each other. I ask you questions and you can ask me questions. I provide information about hypnosis and my approach and we make an agreement on how we will work together. After explaining the process I help you to relax and go into a hypnotic state. You will not become unconscious, go to sleep or lose control. Most people require 3 - 5 sessions. Stop smoking usually requires 2 sessions.
Some clients are offered hypnosis online via webcam. Again everything is explained beforehand and an agreement is made for the number of sessions which are paid for in advance. There are lots of benefits of having online hypnosis if you can't meet me face to face. Check out my website for more information- www.awakenthechange.com
Subsequent sessions are similar offering you information, discussing your progress and hypnosis.
All clients are offered a relaxation audio recording, information handouts if required and email support between sessions if needed and that's all included in the price.
Get back control. Feel better. Learn more...
How can I find out more?
Visit my website.
Call me: 01202 248468 / 07982258376 (If I don't answer please leave a message as I will probably be teaching or with a client. I aim to return calls within 24 hours).
You can visit me for a free initial consultation at Awaken the Change, 1072 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH7 6DS. (situated between Pokesdown station and Iford Bridge.) There are plenty of buses and free parking on the street outside the office so there is easy access from many other towns. All appointments must be booked in advance.
Clients visit me from all areas of Dorset including Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood, Verwood, Ferndown, West Moors, Parley, Broadstone, and other areas from the south of England.
Clients from the rest of the UK, Ireland, and other parts of the world including Europe, Australia and New Zealand use my online hypnosis service.
What can make it more difficult about choosing a hypnotherapist is that not all hypnotherapists have the same training and experience so please compare my qualifications and experience
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Hypnosis, Research, Medicine and Clinical Practice (Bournemouth University)
- MA Interprofessional Health and Community Care
- BSc (Hons) Nursing
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Counselling (Level 5)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) (Marisa Peer Method Hypnotherapy)
- Certificate in Mesmerism - Magnetista Junior, NLP International/ ISI-CNV
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC Award)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Certificate in Executive and Personal Coaching (Barefoot Coaching)
- Diploma in Well-being and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Retired Registered General Nurse
- Cruse Bereavement Care course
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Supervisors Course (Ascentis)
- Hypnotherapy Supervisors Course (GHR accredited)
- Teaching experience/qualifications - Certificate VI in Training and Assessing (Trainwell, Australia), City & Guilds 730, TEFL, Teaching Business Language
- EFT Practitioner
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
National Hypnotherapy Society (Hypnotherapy Society)
The National Hypnotherapy Society is a Learned Society whose primary purpose is the advancement of the knowledge of hypnotherapy and the fostering of professional hypnotherapy expertise through training, accreditation and continued professional development of their members. The Society seeks to contribute to public wellbeing both through the use of hypnotherapy and by ensuring that hypnotherapists are safe, competent and ethical in practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Executive & Personal/Life Coach
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Hypnobirthing (Easybirthing)
- Sports hypnosis
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
- Pain control
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME/ Fibromyalgia using the Hi5 protocol
- High blood pressure (Primary or Essential Hypertension)
- Self hypnosis
- Stress management
- Pet Bereavement
I also provide
- Training sessions for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Supervision for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Talks for charities, and other organisations on mind change work.
£95.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
A Complimentary initial consultation up to 30 minutes via telephone, Zoom or in-person in my office in Bournemouth - FREE
This free session allows us to get to know each other, for you to explain briefly what you want help with and for you to ask me questions. We can then decide together what is a good way forward to deal with the problem.
If you decide to go ahead, we will arrange a session. You can choose a face-to-face appointment in my office, an online meeting via Zoom or a mixture of both.
*I rarely do single sessions as most people require a programme. Furthermore, you save money if you buy more than one session at a time.
One session- £95 (Not stop smoking, see below for price)
3-session programme- £265 (save £20)
4 -session programme- £350 (save £30)
5- session programme- £435 (save £40)
**Stop Smoking programme is 1 or 2 sessions- £295.
This stop-smoking programme is different as I have worked as a registered nurse in NHS smoke-stop clinics and have met many people who have struggled with quitting Smoking, so I understand many of the challenges you have faced in the past. Now I can offer you my unique hypnotherapy programme to help you stop.
*No hidden charges. All prices are displayed on my website. I do not charge extra for evening or Saturday appointments.
*Specialist group and corporate stress management/resilience/relaxation sessions - price on application depends on your requirements and number of people.
All sessions can be paid before session one via my secure website.
Additional services offered include:
*Hypnotherapy supervision for qualified hypnotherapists £60 per hour (Trainee hypnotherapists £50)
I am a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society and a Senior and advanced practitioner on the General Hypnotherapy Register. In addition, I have a master's degree in hypnosis in research, medicine and clinical practice. Check out my credentials.
I also offer counselling, life coaching and training.
For more information, please visit my website www.awakenthechange.com.
When I work
Appointments online or face to face in Bournemouth, Dorset
Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm.
Some Saturday appts.
Free initial consultation. *Clients are only seen by appointment.
Along with my skills as a hypnotherapist I can offer additional solutions to your problems:
Counselling. I have a special interest in helping clients who come to me with grief/loss/bereavement issues. I also help people who have lost a pet. I am an integrative counsellor. This means that I use a variety of approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner (EFT). This is often called tapping on energy lines. So with your agreement, I may decide to add this technique to hypnotherapy sessions.
Mindfulness/self-hypnosis. I teach clients these techniques to use at home to learn to relax more.
Qualified Life Coach. Coaching works well with hypnotherapy as it helps you to plan goals. I coach individuals with stress-related problems, career/ work issues and healthcare staff.
Executive and Business Coach. I have a special interest in stress management in the workplace for small and medium-sized businesses. I help individuals and small groups.
Stress management/resilience trainer. I have had additional training in organisational stress management and individual stress-related issues.
Meditation trainer. Different forms of non-secular meditation.
I am also a specialist in individual Derive Coaching (Walk and Talk Coaching) to help people who want a new and effective way to change using the environment and metaphors.
I'm a supervisor for other hypnotherapists and counsellors.
Please inform me if you have any special needs and/ or mobility difficulties.
To find out more, please visit my website www.awakenthechange.co.uk.