Linda Witchell FHS Specialist in anxiety and bereavement issues
I help people to break free of stress and anxiety and learn to love life again. So if anxiety is interfering and becoming a barrier to do the things that you want to do then its time to change. Perhaps you are scared of flying, worried about an exam or scared about giving a speech. Some people are suffering a loss or maybe its a work or personal problem that is making you feel apprehensive and fearful. You know that you want things to change but you feel stuck, or maybe you find it difficult to talk about something like anxiety.
Don't suffer any more. Break free, fast. Stop saying I can't because......and start to feel confident that you can do what you want to do.
I help people like you to cope and feel better without that additional worry. I'm professional and friendly.
Who do I help?
I help adults and young people who want something to change through the power of their own mind and are willing and able to be hypnotised. I like to help people who are feeling anxious to relax and rid themselves of the barriers that are stopping them from achieving what they want. Often these people have tried other methods such as willpower, other therapies or medication.
I especially help working people who struggle to take time off work by offering face to face day and evening appointments or online hypnosis via videoconferencing.
What is unique about me?
- I'm a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society you can be assured that I'm professional, experienced and friendly.
- I'm highly qualified and I am currently doing research in hypnosis for test anxiety.
- I often combine Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with hypnosis as there is evidence that it often improves the effectiveness of treatment.
- I'm a retired nurse so I have medical knowledge to understand diseases and heath care services.
- I have developed some specialist packages based on evidence and my own experiences, for example I have a unique 2 session Stop smoking package.
- I'm a trainer, public speaker and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I have many years of experience as a hypnotherapist and run my own business in Bournemouth.
- I provide online hypnotherapy via videoconferencing, e.g Zoom/Skype/Vsee.
- I provide professionally produced hypnotic audio recordings for people to buy from my website (www.awakenthechange.online).
- I am a public speaker on all things related to hypnosis and communication.
- I offer free talks about hypnosis.
- I am a teacher, trainer and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I work full time.
What can I help you with?
- I specialise in stress and anxiety issues, for example, work and personal stress/ anxiety related problems
- Panic attacks
- Lack of confidence
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety e.g. needle phobia, worried about going into hospital
- Fears and phobias e.g. fear of flying, fear of being sick, fear of spiders etc.
- Exam/ test anxiety
- Driving nerves
- Habits such as nail biting
- Worries about public speaking
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual problems that are caused by stress and anxiety
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Some skin problems
- General aches and pains due to stress
- Problems with sleeping
- Pain management
- Difficulties making decisions
- Relationship problems
and much more
I also specialising in Bereavement, grief and loss for example-
- Helping you to deal with negative feelings after someone dies
- Helping you with managing issues after a divorce
- Helping you to accept when your son or daughter leaves home
With grief problems I often integrate hypnosis techniques with counselling for grief.
What benefits can my service offer you?
- A Free no obligation consultation - face to face or over the telephone
- A master hypnosis practitioner.
- Confidential, caring and professional service by an experienced practitioner with a toolkit of solutions
- Easy access. Appointments in Bournemouth, Dorset or in some cases online hypnosis possible. Day, evening and occasional Saturday appointments. Plenty of free parking on the street around my Bournemouth office.
- A relaxation audio recording and handouts included in the price when required
- You can also purchase online hypnosis recordings from www.awakenthechange.online.
- Full 1 hour sessions or other longer times as agreed in advance
- Competitive charges with a clear pricing system agreed beforehand with no hidden costs
Flexible payment methods- Credit/debit cards accepted with card on the day, cash, or BACS. Payments can also be made online through www.awakenthechange.online
- An ethical and safe service.
- Please note I do not take on all clients that come to see me as I want you to get the best treatment. That might mean another professional is best suited for your needs so I would signpost you to other services e.g. mental health teams.
What happens at the first session?
We get to know each other. I ask you questions and you can ask me questions. I provide information about hypnosis and my approach and we make an agreement on how we will work together. After explaining the process I help you to relax and go into a hypnotic state. You will not become unconscious, go to sleep or lose control. Most people require 3 - 5 sessions. Stop smoking usually requires 2 sessions.
Some clients are offered hypnosis online via webcam. Again everything is explained beforehand and an agreement is made for the number of sessions which are paid for in advance. There are lots of benefits of having online hypnosis if you can't meet me face to face. Check out my website for more information- www.awakenthechange.online
Subsequent sessions are similar offering you information, discussing your progress and hypnosis.
All clients are offered a relaxation audio recording, information handouts if required and email support between sessions if needed and that's all included in the price.
Get back control. Feel better. Learn more...
How can I find out more?
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call me: 01202 248468 / 07982258376 (If I don't answer please leave a message as I will probably be teaching or with a client. I aim to return calls within 24 hours).
You can visit me for a free initial consultation at Awaken the Change, 1072 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth BH7 6DS. (situated between Pokesdown station and Iford Bridge.) There are plenty of buses and free parking on the street outside the office so there is easy access from many other towns. All appointments must be booked in advance.
Clients visit me from all areas of Dorset including Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ringwood, Verwood, Ferndown, West Moors, Parley, Broadstone, and other areas from the south of England.
Clients from the rest of the UK, Ireland, and other parts of the world including Europe, Australia and New Zealand use my online hypnosis service.
What can make it more difficult about choosing a hypnotherapist is that not all hypnotherapists have the same training and experience so please compare my qualifications and experience
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Counselling (Chrysalis)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) (Marisa Peer Method Hypnotherapy)
- Certificate in Mesmerism - Magnetista Junior, NLP International/ ISI-CNV
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC Award)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Certificate in Executive and Personal Coaching (Barefoot Coaching)
- Diploma in Wellbeing and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Retired Registered General Nurse
- Cruse Bereavement Care course
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Supervisors Course (Ascentis)
- Hypnotherapy Supervisors Course (GHR accredited)
- Masters degree in Interprofessional and Community Care
- BSc(Hons) Nursing
- Teaching experience/qualifications - Certificate VI in Training and Assessing (Trainwell, Australia), City & Guilds 730, TEFL, Teaching Business Language
- EFT Practitioner
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Executive & Personal/Life Coach
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Hypnobirthing (Easybirthing)
- Sports hypnosis
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
- Pain control
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME/ Fibromyalgia using the Hi5 protocol
- High blood pressure (Primary or Essential Hypertension)
- Self hypnosis
- Stress management
- Pet Bereavement
I also provide
- Training sessions for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Supervision for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Talks for charities, and other organisations on mind change work.
Photos & videos
Please compare my qualifications, experience, and training. Competitive prices. Dedicated therapy rooms in Bournemouth or in some cases hypnotherapy online via Skype or Zoom.
You get great value as the price includes so much more including a personalised treatment plan, a professionally produced recording and handouts etc. if required.
No hidden charges. All prices are clearly displayed on my websites. I do not charge extra for evening or Saturday appointments.
*A Complimentary initial consultation (30 minutes) No obligation, its Free.
*Hypnotherapy programmes of 3 sessions plus a relaxation audio recording £250
Most people require this 3 session programme. It also consists of a professionally produced audio to listen to at home, any information sheets and email/telephone contact between sessions if required.
NB It is possible to pay weekly at £85 per session.
* Stop Smoking Programme - two sessions - £275
Stop smoking or stop E- cigarettes
This programme is different. Linda has a history of being a nurse and working in smoke stop clinics in the NHS so she has met many people over the years who want to quit and knows about the difficulties some people have faced.
Part one builds your motivation and provides you with information as well as a hypnotherapy session.
Part 2 continues to help you build that determination to quit with a unique hypnotherapy session. In addition you get tips for success, a book of information on stopping smoking, a hypnotic audio recording and email support for 2 weeks after you have quit. The hypnotherapy is tailored to your specific needs.
Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) programme £225 - one session of hypnotherapy around 90 mins - face to face or via Skype / Zoom /Vsee. Includes a audio recording to listen to every day for 21 days and email support for 3 weeks.
*Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss -
Virtual Gastric Band Hypnotherapy - £405
This 4 or 5 session programme that combines suggestion hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you reduce the amount you eat and make changes to your lifestyle. You will be given CDs to listen to at home and handouts to read.
In addition you get personalised /telephone email support, a food diary and handouts if required.
All weight loss programmes are a partnership with you where healthy eating and increasing activity is required. To get the best results you will be required to read handouts, make some changes to your life, listen to CDs and make a food diary between sessions.
*Hypnotherapy Irritable Bowel Programme - £405
Usually 4 to 5 sessions. In addition you get CDs to listen to at home, personalised email/telephone support if needed and handouts.
Clients should have had a diagnosis of IBS from a doctor.
*Small Group Weight- loss Programme (up to 10 people in a group) 5 X 1 hour per Week Programme. £100 per person for full programme.
It may be possible for me to come to your home/venue if you would prefer this. Additional travelling expenses would be required.
Get a group of your friends together and cut the cost as well as reducing your weight. Handouts and audio recording included. Full amount payable at session 1.
*Specialist group and corporate stress management/resilience/relaxation sessions - price on application as it depends on your requirements and number of people.
I am a registered hypnotherapy supervisor with the General Hypnotherapy Register and the National Hypnotherapy Society.
Please contact me for more information, dates and fees.
Additional services offered include:
*Hypnotherapy supervision for qualified hypnotherapists £60 per hour (Trainee hypnotherapists £50)
Includes a supervision contract, email and telephone support for between sessions if required. Face to face or via Zoom, Vsee, Skype/telephone
Linda is a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society
Easy ways to pay for your investment
Payments is by cash or credit/debit card payable at session one or in advance. Online payments via my secure website.
No cheques please. Alternately BACS payments can be made prior to the appointment. For more information on pricing please contact me email@example.com and visit my web site www.awakenthechange.com . Some payments can be taken through the sister site www.awakenthechange.online
Please note, All clients are seen by appointment only, I do not charge extra for Saturday or evening appointments.
Along with my skills as a hypnotherapist I can offer additional solutions to your problems:
Counselling. I have a special interest in helping clients who come to me with grief/loss/bereavement issues. I also help people who have lost a pet. I am an integrative counsellor. This means that I use a variety of approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner (EFT). This is often called tapping on energy lines. So with your agreement I may decide to add this technique to hypnotherapy sessions.
Mindfulness/self hypnosis. I teach clients these technique to use at home to learn to relax more.
Qualified Life Coach. Coaching works well with hypnotherapy as it helps you to plan goals. I coach individuals with stress related problems, career/ work issues and healthcare staff.
Executive and Business Coach. I have a special interest in stress management in the workplace for small and medium sized business. I help individuals and small groups.
Stress management/resilience trainer. I have had additional training in organisational stress management and individual stress related issues.
I am also a specialist in individual Derive Coaching (Walk and Talk Coaching) to help people who want a new and effective way to change using the environment and metaphors.
I'm a supervisor for other hypnotherapists and counsellors.
Please inform me if you have any special needs and/or mobility difficulties.
To find out more please visit my website www.awakenthechange.co.uk
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
Appointments online or face to face in Bournemouth, Dorset
Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm.
Some Saturday appts 10am - 6pm.
Free initial consultation. *Clients only seen by appointment.