Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Are you feeling in a rut and want to break free of this cycle of stress and anxiety? Do you long to rediscover that calmness and learn to love life again? If so, you have come to the right place, as I can help.
Stress and anxiety can affect us all in different ways. Maybe you feel worried about things, have fears or phobias, struggle with socialising, feel fearful and get panic attacks or lack confidence. You might suffer from procrastination or fear of exams and tests. All this affects your confidence and self-esteem.
You want things to change as this stress and anxiety mess up your life and stop you from doing what you want. You might feel hesitant, but I can provide a fast service that meets your needs.
As a seasoned professional with over 30 years as a registered nurse and 18 years as a hypnotherapist and counsellor, I bring a wealth of knowledge and skills. I am committed to providing you with the highest standards of care, support and guidance on your transformational journey.
Together, we can unlock the power of your subconscious mind, allowing you to tap into your inner resources and learn to deal with the challenges holding you back.
In addition to my professional qualifications, I pride myself in providing a warm and friendly environment and focusing on what you tell me you want to change. My compassionate, non-judgemental approach is essential to building trust, assuring you that you feel safe and that we can work well together.
So if it's a work or personal problem making you feel apprehensive and fearful, or you know something must change, don't hesitate to contact me.
Take that first step towards a brighter future today, and book a free initial consultation to learn more.
Who do I help?
I help adults and young people who want something to change through the power of their minds and are willing and able to be hypnotised. Often, these people have tried other methods, such as willpower, other therapies, or medication.
See what others are saying about me with real testimonials on Google and my website, www.awakenthechange.com
Book a free initial consultation conveniently by booking through my online booking system. It's quick and easy to use.
What benefits can my service offer you?
*A free initial consultation
*Easy access- online or sometimes face-to-face in Bournemouth (Currently, I am only seeing clients online via Zoom).
*Fast work. Most people need four sessions (1 or 2 to stop smoking).
*Online courses for other therapists and coaches, as well as courses for the general public.
*Bespoke programmes that offer so much more, including hypnosis downloads to listen to at home, information through e-books, handouts, etc.
*Great value and competitive charges with a transparent pricing system agreed upon beforehand with no hidden costs
*Secure online payments through Stripe at www.awakenthechange.com.
What is unique about me?
- I'm a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society. You can be assured that my credentials have been checked.
- I'm highly qualified for a master's degree level and have completed research in hypnosis for test anxiety.
- I often combine Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with hypnosis as there is evidence that it usually improves the effectiveness of treatment.
- I'm a retired nurse with the medical knowledge to understand diseases and health care services.
- I have developed some specialist packages based on evidence and my own experiences. For example, I have a unique 2-session Stop Smoking package.
- I'm a trainer, public speaker and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I have many years of experience as a hypnotherapist and run my business from Bournemouth.
- I provide online hypnotherapy via videoconferencing, e.g. Zoom/Skype/Vsee.
- I provide professionally produced hypnotic audio recordings.
- I am a public speaker on all things related to hypnosis and communication.
- I am a teacher, trainer and supervisor of hypnotherapy and counselling.
- I am a TEFL teacher (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
- I work full-time.
What can I help you with?
- I specialise in stress and anxiety issues, for example, work and personal stress/ anxiety-related problems
- Panic attacks
- Fears of injections, doctors or anything medical
- Lack of confidence
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety, e.g. worried about going to a hospital
- Other fears and phobias, e.g. fear of flying, fear of being sick, fear of spiders, etc.
- Exam/ test anxiety
- Learning a second language
- Driving nerves
- Habits such as nail-biting
- Worries about public speaking
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual problems that are caused by stress and anxiety
- Weight loss, including virtual gastric band hypnosis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Some skin problems
- General aches and pains due to stress
- Problems with sleeping
- Pain management
- Difficulties making decisions
- Relationship problems
and much more
I also specialise in Bereavement, grief and loss; for example-
- Helping you to deal with negative feelings after someone dies
- Helping you with managing issues after a divorce
- Allowing you to accept when your son or daughter leaves home
With grief problems, I often integrate hypnosis techniques with counselling for grief.
Finally, I also help people learn a second language to reduce their stress and anxiety about speaking, reading, writing and understanding. I help them to boost their motivation, find new ways to learn easier, let go of their self-limiting beliefs and enjoy learning.
What happens at the free initial consultation?
We get to know each other. I ask you questions, and you can ask me questions. I provide information about hypnosis and my approach, and we agree on working together. I explain the process. If you want to proceed, you can book conveniently using my online booking system. Then, you need to complete the registration form and make payment.
Check out my website for more information- www.awakenthechange.com
When we start the paid treatment sessions, I will continue offering you information, discussing your progress and delivering hypnosis.
All clients are offered an audio relaxation recording, information handouts if required, and email support between sessions if needed, and that's all included in the price.
Get back control. Feel better. Learn more...
How can I find out more?
Visit my website.
Please email me here.
Call me: 01202 248468. (If I don't answer, please leave a message as I will probably be teaching or with a client. I aim to return calls within 24 hours).
It is more challenging to choose a hypnotherapist because not all hypnotherapists have the same training and experience, so please compare my qualifications and experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Hypnosis, Research, Medicine and Clinical Practice (Bournemouth University)
- MSc Psychology (Northumbria University)
- MA Interprofessional Health and Community Care (Bournemouth University)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Bournemouth University)
- HPD (Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma) (NCH)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Counselling (Level 5)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) (Marisa Peer Method Hypnotherapy)
- Certificate in Mesmerism - Magnetista Junior, NLP International/ ISI-CNV
- Certificate in Counselling (CPCAB level 2)
- Certificate in Pet Bereavement (ABC Award)
- Certificate in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Certificate in Executive and Personal Coaching (Barefoot Coaching)
- Diploma in Well-being and Stress Management (CPCAB level 5)
- Certificate in Online Therapy
- Retired Registered General Nurse
- Cruse Bereavement Care course
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision
- Supervisors Course (Ascentis)
- Hypnotherapy Supervisors Course (GHR accredited)
- Teaching experience/qualifications - Certificate VI in Training and Assessing (Trainwell, Australia), City & Guilds 730, TEFL, Teaching Business Language
- EFT Practitioner
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
The National Hypnotherapy Society is a Learned Society whose primary purpose is the advancement of the knowledge of hypnotherapy and the fostering of professional hypnotherapy expertise through training, accreditation and continued professional development of their members. The Society seeks to contribute to public wellbeing both through the use of hypnotherapy and by ensuring that hypnotherapists are safe, competent and ethical in practice.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Executive & Personal/Life Coach
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Hypnobirthing (Easybirthing)
- Sports hypnosis
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne and eczema
- Pain control
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME/ Fibromyalgia using the Hi5 protocol
- High blood pressure (Primary or Essential Hypertension)
- Stress management
- Pet Bereavement
I also provide
- Training sessions for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Supervision for hypnotherapists and counsellors
- Talks for charities and other organisations on mind change work.
Free initial online session
Complimentary initial consultation of up to 30 minutes via Zoom - FREE
This free session allows us to get to know each other, for you to explain briefly what you want help with and for you to ask me questions. We can then decide on an excellent way to deal with the problem.
If you decide to go ahead, we will arrange a session.
*I rarely do single sessions as most people require a programme. Furthermore, you save money buying more than one session at a time.
Book at a time that is convenient for you by booking on my online booking system at www.awakenthechange.com
One session- £120 (Not stop Smoking; see below for price)
3-session programme- £300 (save £60)
4 -session programme- £390 (save £70)
5- session programme- £480 (save £120)
**Stop Smoking programme is 1 or 2 sessions- £395.
This stop-smoking programme is different as I have worked as a registered nurse in NHS smoke-stop clinics and have met many people who have struggled with quitting Smoking, so I understand many of the challenges you have faced in the past. I can offer you my unique hypnotherapy programme to help you stop.
*No hidden charges. All prices are displayed on my website. I do not charge extra for evening or Saturday appointments.
Book through my online booking system at www.awakenthechange.com
*Specialist group and corporate stress management/resilience/relaxation sessions - the price depends on your requirements and the number of people.
All sessions can be paid before session one via my secure website.
Additional services offered include:
*Hypnotherapy supervision for qualified hypnotherapists £60 per hour (Trainee hypnotherapists £50)
Book a block of 6 sessions at a reduced price of £340
I am a Fellow of the National Hypnotherapy Society and a Senior and advanced practitioner on the General Hypnotherapy Register. In addition, I have a master's degree in hypnosis in research, medicine and clinical practice. Check out my credentials.
I also offer counselling, life coaching and training. Counselling sessions are £70 per session. Reduced prices are available for block bookings.
I'm an EMDR practitioner.
Online 4-week language mastery course. Contact me to find out when the next course is.
For more information, please visit my website, www.awakenthechange.com.
When I work
Appointments booked online www.awakenthechange.com
Monday - Friday 7.00 am - 8 pm.
Saturday morning appts.
Free initial consultation. *Clients are only seen by appointment.
Along with my skills as a hypnotherapist, I can offer additional solutions to your problems:
Counselling/ psychology. I am particularly interested in helping clients who come to me with grief/loss/bereavement issues. I also help people who have lost a pet. I am an integrative counsellor. This means that I use a variety of approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner (EFT). This is often called tapping on energy lines. So with your agreement, I may add this technique to hypnotherapy sessions.
Mindfulness/self-hypnosis. I teach clients these techniques at home to learn to relax more.
Qualified Life Coach. Coaching works well with hypnotherapy as it helps you to plan goals. I coach individuals with stress-related problems, career/ work issues and healthcare staff.
Executive and Business Coach. I am particularly interested in stress management in the workplace for small and medium-sized businesses. I help individuals and small groups.
Stress management/resilience trainer. I have had additional training in organisational stress management and individual stress-related issues.
Meditation trainer. Different forms of non-secular meditation.
I am also a specialist in individual Derive Coaching (Walk and Talk Coaching) to help people who want a new and effective way to change using the environment and metaphors.
I'm a supervisor for other hypnotherapists and counsellors.
Please inform me if you have any special needs and/ or mobility difficulties.
To find out more, please visit my website, www.awakenthechange.co.uk.