When you come up against a problem, it can be hard to know where to turn for support. We're lucky that we live in a time where there are lots of professionals who can help in various ways, including ways you might not have considered before. Here at Hypnotherapy Directory, we recognise the power hypnosis can have in overcoming problems and making a lasting change.
We also know the world of hypnotherapy can feel a little unknown to some. This is why we've made it our mission to raise awareness of hypnotherapy, de-bunk common myths and connect people with professional support. Connecting you with UK-based hypnotherapists, eye-opening articles and inspiring events, we want you to know your options and which step to take next.
Hypnotherapy Directory is part of a family of brands, grounded in family values. In 2005 two sisters, Aimi and Emma, launched Counselling Directory, a website dedicated to promoting the benefits of talk therapy. Having both experienced mental health issues at school and university, they knew how it felt to be overwhelmed and lacking guidance. They wanted to use their own experiences to help others find support from counsellors and psychotherapists.
This formula of providing information about mental health and in-depth counsellor profiles proved successful, giving our visitors the tools they need to find the right support for them.
Co-founder Aimi shares her journey on Fearne Cotton's Happy Place Podcast.
Following this success, our other directories were born - all with the same mission to help people access support to improve their well-being. From counselling and complementary therapies to coaching, nutrition support and hypnotherapy, our directories cover all aspects of health and wellness.
These websites form the Happiful family, a network of over 21,000 professionals. And as of 2020, over 1.5 million people have found support through our resources.
On 20th March 2017 (International Day of Happiness) we launched a new venture - Happiful Magazine. With a mission is to create a healthier, happier, more sustainable society, each issue contains informative, inspiring and topical stories centred around health and well-being.
In 2019, we launched our podcast, I am. I have, a space for mental health and wellness advocates to come together to discuss the passions that shape their world and thoughts on their own mental health journey.
Bringing our family under one roof, the Happiful App enables users to easily connect with professionals, find support groups, read articles from all our brands and access current and past issues of the magazine.
In 2019 we were proud to become a certified B Corp (Better Corporations). Joining a growing group of companies who are pursuing purpose as well as profit, Happiful has met rigorous social and environmental standards which represent our commitment to making the world a better place.
Find out more about B Corps and what it means to us at Happiful.
Our team, which is currently around 40 members, are based in Surrey. Together we work on the well-being directories and the magazine. From our dedicated content team bringing informative and inspiring articles to our hard-working developers ensuring everything runs smoothly behind the scenes, we're all passionate about what we do.
Why choose us?
Hypnotherapy has come a long way over the years and while there is still some work to do to in raising awareness, more and more people are benefiting from this approach.
We understand that the unknown can be scary, and knowing where to start when it comes to finding a hypnotherapist can feel daunting. We hope we can help take you through these first steps, which is why we’ve included everything we wish we’d had access to when we were first looking for a hypnotherapist, including:
- A nationwide database of qualified hypnotherapists.
- A Hypnotherapy Directory policy. This means all professionals are checked to ensure they provide evidence of qualifications or membership with a professional body before they can be listed with us, so you can be sure of contacting a credible professional.
- A detailed library of fact-sheets featuring useful information about how hypnotherapy might be able to help you.
- An FAQs section that looks to answer any questions you may have about hypnotherapy, including what to expect in a session and what different types of hypnotherapy are available.
- Member profiles - our members pack their profiles full of information including background, fees and even availability - helping you learn more about them before making contact.
- An advanced search tool, which allows you to filter your search according to your needs and location.
- An events section where you can find workshops and courses related to hypnotherapy to further your learning.
- An articles section where our experts impart their knowledge and experience about a variety of subjects.
Get in touch
If you have something to say about the site, a suggestion to make or an experience to share – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries about how to use the website, please visit our Not sure where to start? section. To keep up with all things Hypnotherapy Directory, connect with us over on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Find the right hypnotherapist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.