- About us
Hypnotherapy Directory was set up by a team who know how difficult it can be to find the support you need when tackling a personal problem. Through our own experiences, we learnt just how important it is to find relevant information to help you navigate your options.
In 2005 we created our first website, Counselling Directory. This site is dedicated to promoting the benefits of talk therapy and connecting people with professional counsellors and psychotherapists. Our formula of providing information about mental health and in-depth counsellor profiles proved successful, giving our visitors the tools they need to find the right support for them.
We then decided to branch out and provide the same service for people seeking hypnotherapy. Growing in popularity and a therapy we have utilised ourselves, we know just how much hypnotherapy can support happiness and well-being. Keen to raise awareness of this therapy and to connect the public with professional hypnotherapists, Hypnotherapy Directory was created.
Over the years we have worked closely with hypnotherapists to ensure we provide you with the very best service. We have a large number of hypnotherapists listed with us, so we are sure the right person is waiting to hear from you.
If you’re unsure about the concept of hypnotherapy or don’t feel ready to contact a practitioner just yet - that’s OK. Trust yourself and know that when you are ready to make a change, we will be here waiting for you. In the meantime, knowledge is power. We are passionate about providing the latest information on everything hypnotherapy related so please, if you want to learn more about what hypnotherapy can help with, browse our site and read as much (or as little) as you want.
Wherever you are on your journey, know that change is possible. Happiness and well-being are possible. We know this from personal experience and from the experiences our visitors have shared with us. Everyone deserves happiness and this is what we wish for you.
Why choose us?
Hypnotherapy has come a long way over the years and while there is still some work to do to in raising awareness, more and more people are benefiting from this complementary therapy.
We understand that the unknown can be scary, and knowing where to start when it comes to finding a hypnotherapist can feel daunting. We hope we can help take you through these first steps, which is why we’ve included everything we wish we’d had access to when we were first looking for a hypnotherapist, including:
- A nationwide database of qualified hypnotherapists.
- A Hypnotherapy Directory policy. This means all professionals are checked to ensure they provide evidence of qualifications or membership with a professional body before they can be listed with us, so you can be sure of contacting a credible professional.
- A detailed library of fact-sheets featuring useful information about how hypnotherapy might be able to help you.
- An FAQs section that looks to answer any questions you may have about hypnotherapy, including what to expect in a session and what different types of hypnotherapy are available.
- Member profiles - our members pack their profiles full of information including background, fees and even availability - helping you learn more about them before making contact.
- An advanced search tool, which allows you to filter your search according to your needs and location.
- A local events section where you can find workshops and courses about hypnotherapy to further your learning.
- An expert articles section where our hypnotherapists impart their knowledge and experience about a variety of subjects.
About Happiful magazine
Hypnotherapy Directory has a number of sister sites, all with the same aim - to help people find support. From counselling and complementary therapies to nutrition and coaching, our network of directories seeks to cover all aspects of health and wellness.
Bringing this all under one roof, on 20th March 2017 (International Day of Happiness) we launched Happiful. Our mission with this monthly magazine is to create a healthier, happier, more sustainable society.
Each issue contains informative, inspiring and topical stories about health and well-being, from experts and those living with a variety of health conditions. We regularly feature members from the Hypnotherapy Directory who share their insight and explain more about how hypnotherapy supports wellness. Happiful shines a light on positivity and support that we feel should be available for everyone.
To find out more and to subscribe, please visit happiful.com.
Get in touch
Ultimately, Hypnotherapy Directory wouldn’t exist without you, the individuals seeking help and happiness, and the practitioners who share our dream of helping others. It is because of you that we feel it is so important to keep listening and acting upon the feedback we receive.
If you have something to say about the site, a suggestion to make or an experience to share – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries about how to use the website, please visit our Not sure where to start? section. If you would still like some guidance, fill out our contact form and a member of the Hypnotherapy Directory team will get back to you as soon as possible.