Harry Holbrook, Senior Clinical Hypnotherapist GHR reg SQHP CNHC reg
I use integrative hypnotherapy - a safe, relaxing client-centred approach which also draws upon counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), guided imagery and mindfulness meditation - to bring about subconscious change to our thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
Hypnotherapy is the means by which you can re-programme your old or unwanted behaviour patterns, or create new, more positive ones. In the hypnotic state, you accept beneficial suggestions that allow you to change your attitude so that you can do the things you want to do - or not do the things you don't want to do.
For example, you may wish to improve your self-confidence, tackle low self-esteem or your performance at work or playing sports. Or you you may wish to make the changes that will allow you to lose weight, banish the smoking habit, or conquer a fear of heights or spiders. Whatever you want to achieve, hypnotherapy can potentially help.
During hypnosis, your body relaxes and thoughts become more focused. Like other relaxation techniques, hypnosis lowers blood pressure and heart rate, and changes certain types of brain wave activity. In this relaxed state, you will feel at ease physically yet fully awake mentally and may be highly responsive to suggestion. Your conscious mind becomes less alert and your subconscious mind becomes more focused. It is in your subconscious that these beneficial changes to your programming take place.
So what exactly can hypnotherapy help you with?
Hypnotherapy is well known as being successful as an aid to stopping smoking, losing weight and dealing with fears and phobias. The list (below) of issues that can benefit from hypnotherapy is far from exhaustive, so if you are unsure whether treatment using hypnosis can help you please contact me for a free, no obligation informal chat!
ANXIETY, STRESS, PHOBIAS & DEPRESSION
Bereavement, loss, grief, divorce
PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
Driving anxiety, driving test nerves
Public speaking, presentation nerves
Exams, tests, interviews
Fear of flying
Insomnia, disturbed sleep
Chronic fatigue syndrome
HABITS & ADDICTIONS
Addictions, such as tobacco, gambling, sex or cannabis
Stammering & stuttering
Bedwetting (secondary nocturnal enuresis)
Eating disorders, bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa or food addiction
Weight loss (inc. gastric band hypnotherapy)
OCD, obsessions and compulsions
SKILL IMPROVEMENT & PERFORMANCE
Academic, study performance
Exam & interview performance
Creativity, artistic performance
Sports performance (e.g. golf yips)
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
Childbirth, ante-natal, post-natal
Pain relief and pain management
Sexual issues & gender dysphoria
Skin disorders (such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema)
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), indigestion
Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
Insomnia and sleep disorders
Training, qualifications & experience
Harry Holbrook, BSc(Hons) Dip.AH SQHP
- Fully qualified and experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist
- NLP Practitioner (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Diploma in Analytical Hypnotherapy (Dip.AH)
- Registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and is a Validated Senior Practitioner (SQHP) with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) for hypnotherapy. (The government recommends that when people are looking for a health practitioner who is not regulated by law, they only consult a practitioner on an accredited register such as CNHC.)
- Disclosure Scotland (PVG) / DBS checked and fully insured for your peace of mind. Professional registration requires adherence to a strict code of ethics and ongoing CPD study to keep updated with the very latest guidance and regulation. You can be assured of excellent care and attention, with full confidentially at all times.
- Approved Practitioner with Anxiety UK
- Certificate in Workplace Stress Management
- GHR Acknowledged Supervisor for hypnotherapy practitioners
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Female sexual problems *
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Occupational Stress Management
Workplace Stress Management
Gender Dysphoria & Gender Identity Issues
Photos & videos
There is absolutely no charge for our initial consultation (by email, telephone, Skype or face to face). I can answer your questions, discuss the outline of your case in strict confidence, and we can agree how we can work together to make the change you are looking for. Only when you are happy will we proceed!
- The basic session fee is £60
SAVE MONEY! Clients booking and pre-paying for therapy packages benefit from a reduced price.
NHS staff in possession of a valid discount card will receive 10% fee reduction.
Appointments are available weekdays, evenings and weekends by arrangement.
h2 Natural Health psychology is based in Alyth (six miles from Blairgowrie and eight miles from Coupar Angus) in Perthshire and close to the Angus border. The practice is within easy travelling distance of Dundee and Perth and is ideally located for anyone seeking hypnotherapy in Tayside, Perth & Kinross, Angus, Fife or Aberdeenshire in Scotland.
I deal with clients affected by ALL issues that respond to an integrative hypnotherapy approach, although my specialisms are ANXIETY disorders, WORKPLACE STRESS MANAGEMENT and FEAR OF FLYING COURSES.
Type of session
Monday - Saturday, by appointment