Dip.AH SQHP GHR reg CNHC reg
Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Available for new clients
This professional is available for new clients.
I practice Quick Change Hypnotherapy - in other words, the therapy is deep, effective and fast. This means you will require fewer sessions, you can get on with your life sooner and it will cost you less money.
I also use techniques of integrative hypnotherapy - a safe, relaxing client-centred approach which also draws upon counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) to bring about subconscious change to our thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
h2 Hypnotherapy is part of the h2 Natural Health partnership, which means that you can get linked therapies as part of your treatment. These include health coaching, food intolerance testing, natural remedies, naturopathy, homeopathy and remedial massage.
Hypnotherapy is the means by which you can re-programme your old or unwanted behaviour patterns, or create new, more positive ones. In the hypnotic state, you accept beneficial suggestions that allow you to change your attitude so that you can do the things you want to do - or not do the things you don't want to do.
For example, you may wish to improve your self-confidence, tackle low self-esteem or your performance at work or playing sports. Or you may wish to make the changes that will allow you to lose weight, banish the smoking habit, or conquer a fear of heights or spiders. Whatever you want to achieve, hypnotherapy can potentially help.
During hypnosis, your body relaxes and thoughts become more focused. Like other relaxation techniques, hypnosis lowers blood pressure and heart rate and changes certain types of brain wave activity. In this relaxed state, you will feel at ease physically yet fully awake mentally and may be highly responsive to suggestion. Your conscious mind becomes less alert and your subconscious mind becomes more focused. It is in your subconscious that these beneficial changes to your programming take place.
So what exactly can hypnotherapy help you with?
Hypnotherapy is well known as being successful as an aid to stopping smoking, losing weight and dealing with fears and phobias. The list (below) of issues that can benefit from hypnotherapy is far from exhaustive, so if you are unsure whether treatment using hypnosis can help you please contact me for a free, no obligation informal chat!
Anxiety, stress, phobias & depression
- Negative thoughts
- Bereavement, loss, grief, divorce
- Panic attacks
- Depression (mild)
- Dental phobia
- PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- Driving anxiety, driving test nerves
- Public speaking, presentation nerves
- Exams, tests, interviews
- Social anxiety
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia, disturbed sleep
- Wedding nerves
- Relationship issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Relaxation skills
Habits & addictions
- Addictions, such as tobacco, gambling, sex or cannabis
- Stammering & stuttering
- Alcohol abuse
- Quit smoking
- Bedwetting (secondary nocturnal enuresis)
- Hair-pulling (trichotillomania)
- Eating disorders, bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa or food addiction
- Teeth-grinding (Bruxism)
- Nail-biting (onychophagia)
- Weight loss (inc. gastric band hypnotherapy)
- OCD, obsessions and compulsions
Skill improvement & performance
- Academic, study performance
- Accelerated learning
- Exam & interview performance
- Anger management
- Business performance
- Sales motivation
- Creativity, artistic performance
- Sports performance (e.g. golf yips)
- Alopecia areata
- Blushing, erythrophobia
- Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Childbirth, ante-natal, post-natal
- Pain relief and pain management
- Premature ejaculation & male sexual issues
- Female sexual issues
- Gender dysphoria & gender identity challenges
- Healing processes
- Healthy eating
- Skin disorders (such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Tension headaches
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), indigestion
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
Training, qualifications & experience
Harry Holbrook, BSc(Hons) Dip.AH SQHP
- Fully qualified and experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist
- NLP Practitioner (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Diploma in Analytical Hypnotherapy (Dip.AH)
- Registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and a Validated Senior Practitioner (SQHP) with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
- Course Principal for GHSC Accredited Training to Practitioner level.
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) for hypnotherapy. (The government recommends that when people are looking for a health practitioner who is not regulated by law, they only consult a practitioner on an accredited register such as CNHC.)
- Disclosure Scotland (PVG) / DBS checked and fully insured for your peace of mind. Professional registration requires adherence to a strict code of ethics and ongoing CPD study to keep updated with the very latest guidance and regulation. You can be assured of excellent care and attention, with full confidentially at all times.
- Approved Practitioner with Anxiety UK
- Certificate in Workplace Stress Management
- GHR Acknowledged Supervisor for hypnotherapy practitioners
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Occupational Stress Management
- Workplace Stress Management
- Gender Dysphoria & Gender Identity Issues
- Fear of Flying Course
- Accredited Hypnotherapy Practitioner Training (GHSC)
From £65.00 to £85.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
There is absolutely no charge for our initial consultation (by email, telephone, Skype, Zoom or face to face). I can answer your questions, discuss the outline of your case in strict confidence, and we can agree on how we can work together to make the change you are looking for. Only when you are happy will we proceed! Don't forget - when comparing prices, we use Quick Change Hypnotherapy which means more effective, fewer sessions (maybe only one) and less cost to you at the end of the day!
- The basic session fee is £85 but ask about discounts!
- students & under 18's £65
- couples £125
SAVE MONEY! Clients booking and pre-paying for therapy packages benefit from a reduced price.
NHS staff presenting a valid NHS Staff discount card will receive 10% fee reduction against standard price therapies.
h2 Natural Health holds the Bronze Award of the Armed Forces Covenant #forourforces, and as part of this both serving, reserve force and veteran forces personnel will receive at least 10% discounts against standard price therapies
Appointments are available weekdays, evenings and weekends by arrangement.
When I work
Monday - Saturday, by appointment. In-person or online.
h2 Natural Health Psychology is based in Alyth (six miles from Blairgowrie and eight miles from Coupar Angus) in Perthshire and close to the Angus border. The practice is within easy travelling distance of Dundee and Perth and is ideally located for anyone seeking hypnotherapy in Tayside, Perth & Kinross, Angus, Fife or Aberdeenshire in Scotland.
I deal with clients affected by all issues that respond to an integrative hypnotherapy approach, although my specialisms are anxiety disorders, workplace stress management, gender identity challenges, and fear of flying courses.