Whether you are suffering with anxiety, fear, panic, stress, grief, sexual issues, loss or relationship problems, I can help you discover an inner equilibrium that helps you stay calm and in control whatever the weather on life's barometer! Using a blend of hypnotherapy, counselling, coaching and psychotherapy I work with you in collaboration to create the well-being you deserve.
My work with you is grounded in practical advice, support and guidance to help you overcome life's knocks and road blocks. My approach is also experiential as I invite you to take action that will change the way you look at life and as you grow and cast off your chains, I'll help support and celebrate the new you. Together we look at the changes you would like to make and we then work to implement them creating the necessary insights and awarenesses to make them your reality.
As a result of this integrated way of working with you which involves your commitment and collaboration to create the changes you want, you are likely to need far fewer sessions than a conventional therapist or coach can offer. At Open Mind, I work as fast as you want and encourage you to work to your own schedule. That way you can measure your results fast.
As a practising Buddhist I also bring buddhist wisdom into the picture which you will witness from the way I am in my work. I also work happily with tantra helping my clients feel more at ease and integrated in their bodies.
I am happy to discuss which way you would like to work on the phone or you can email me and we can start the conversation. Looking forward very much to being able to inspire you on your path.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15 years in private practice specialising in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Training of colleagues in treatment of Chronic Fatigue with Integrative hypno/psychotherapy.
- CFS Training manual for therapists available on http://theopenmindtherapist.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-training-package.html
- 5 years in voluntary clinic at local GP's surgery
- Have run a number of personal development courses in assertiveness and confidence building, self hypnosis, and a range of other courses
- Given public talks to GP's, Social Workers, Charities, and Practice Nurses on a range of mental health and personal development subjects
- Travelled internationally giving talks at conferences and offering my hallmark Clear the Fear workshop. http://www.clearfearnow.com
- Fellow of the National Council of Psychotherapists
- Member of senior management team of NCP
- Member of Hypnotherapy Association
- General Hypnotherapy (Reg)
- Individual member of the BACP
- 3 years integrative psychotherapy and hypnotherapy training with SACH - School of Analytical and Cognitive Hypnotherapy
- SQHP - Senior qualification in hypnotherapy practice awarded by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC)
- I have a degree in modern languages and was a Former Secondary School teacher, Further Education lecturer, and Business Languages tutor for Liverpool University.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Stress *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I am particularly interested in those who are looking for personal development and spiritual growth. You may use a current issue to spearhead that growth. For example, my most recent inspired client would be someone who came on a hunch to my clear the fear workshops and decided she wanted me to help her feel more comfortable in her skin, more womanly and more present. Her commitment to the process was 100% and she has changed her life for good. And of course, for the better.
It starts with your commitment to finally wanting to do things very differently. The more fed up you are with how things are, the more I can help you. And that's because you are ready to do the work. A common misunderstanding of the therapy or hypnotherapy world is that, using the current model for medicine where you go to the 'expert' to get your 'symptoms' treated, the experts will fix you. They will do something to you and you won't have to do anything except receive the treatment.
With therapy, coaching or hypnotherapy it works best when you understand that you have to take the session as your fuel and then go and burn it off during the week, testing out your new insights, working with the homeworks I give you and generally inspired to step into a new way of being. I help you on your path because before you, I've trodden mine and I know the pitfalls and the developmental steps that you are looking for.
So I'm looking forward to working with you if this sounds like you or I sound like someone you would like to work with. See you soon. Jenny x
I have been working with ME/CFS for 16 years and have now specialised in its treatment. For more information please visit http://theopenmindtherapist.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-training-package.html
For CPD courses and mentorship designed specifically for the working hypnotherapist in counselling and psychotherapy please visit http://www.theopenmindtherapist.com
For personal Development workshops and intensives please visit http://www.clearfearnow.com
Type of session
|Other languages:||German and Spanish|
Generally by appointment mutually convenient to you & me. I can work daytimes, evenings and Saturday mornings in Essex.