Susan Boggon-Smith APHP Fellow
Aidan House Room 305
Tyne And Wear
01207281459 / 07725814742
I also do home visits Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle. I have a professional nursing qualification SRN/ RGN, and many years business coaching, and have worked over 12 years as a fully qualified clinical hypnotherapist with advanced qualifications, and specialist diplomas in Stress management, Weight Management and Smoking Cessation. I have won several national awards for client management in hypnotherapy and have a Diploma in Mindfulness. Also I am a registered supervisor for hypnotherapists. I was honoured to be invited to become a fellow of the APHP (National Association for Professional Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy) in 2017. I have experience training in the corporate world in motivation and wellbeing, including stress recognition and prevention for management teams. I see clients from all types of backgrounds, and experienced in stress of all types, phobias, confidence issues, Anxiety, Public Speaking, and Weight Management. I have helped thousands of clients with various issues. The service is completely confidential and private.
Conditions: - Stress, Blushing, Anxiety, Weight management, Motivation, Relationship Issues, Fear of Flying, phobias, fear of public speaking, Low Self Esteem, Lack of Confidence, General Anxiety, Lack of Focus, Smoking Cessation, Panic attacks, Anxiety, Sleep problems, Gastro Band Hypnotherapy. Also long term coaching for focus, business set up and relationship management.
A member of the UK Evidence Based Register for Hypnotherapy and Psychology, Fellow of the APHP and registered supervisor, the NRPC(M) and the CNHC(M) the register for complementary therapies. Also the International Association for Neurolinguistic Programming and National Mindfulness Association.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Background - SRN.RGN. Graduate Business Studies & ABPI. dist.
- Coaching & Interpersonal Management, Sales trainer and coach in the pharmaceutical industry
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. The Croft Academy.
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy. (UkCollege)
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Croft Academy.
- Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) Steve Burgess.
- Conscious Analytical Threrapy with Terence Watts The Essex Institute
- Master Cert in Smoking Cessation with Steve Burgess and Croft Academy.
- Tranceformational Hypnotherapy Specialist trained with Devin Hastings Minnisota.
- Inner Child Cert, and training on regression (present life) Steve Burgess, Beverley.
- Stress Management Dip. Stress Mgt cert with MS society, Stress Management for Manager Training with the HSE.
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) Plus Conversational Decoding, also Licensed Psychometric Trainer for Motivation at work Gateshead College NVQ Level 4 accredited.
- Advanced Parts Therapy with Terence Watts Essex Institute.
- Weight Management cert ,and Gastric Band Hypnotherapy or Gastro banding with Professor Keith Hearne at the European College of Hypnotherapy.
- Coaching with Learning International and the Coaching Academy and ICH.
- Weight Management Hypnotherapy certificate with Holly Wincote Hypnotherapy
- M.A.G.I.C (advanced coaching methods) with Terence Watts Chairman of the APHP
- Mindfulness Diploma and Practitioner 2016 with Learning International, Centre of Excellence.
- BWRT training in 2018 (Only part 1, I am not a BWRT practitioner)
- Also trained with Christian Pankhurst on Heart Circle work. Christian won the coach of the year award in 2009.
- Appearance on Spice Radio with Dr Anand discussing 'Alternative Therapies' in 2009
- 10 years experience managing relationship issues for a leading introduction agency in the North East of England and featured on the local TV and Radio in discussions about failed relationships and moving on in life.
- Featured in the Newcastle Journal in 2014 about the Gastro Band Hypnotherapy, with client success stories.
- Also featured in Newcastle Chronicle in 2016 with a client testimonial about weight loss.
- An invited speaker at the Annual National Conference for Hypnotherapy run by the APHP in London in 2016, and won several national awards for client technique.
- PtLLs Level 4 2016.
I have run a number of successful workshops for organisations on how to reduce work related stress. I also ran a Mindfulness and Self Hypnosis Workshop for over two years. Recently (September 2018) organised a Wellbeing Exhibition in the North East of England to promote complementary therapies.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Motivation and Attitude at work, Goal Setting, Personal Development, Leadership, and conflict management, also confidence at work, confidence in interviews. Regression present life and Inner Child therapy and past life regression. (I only conduct past life regression after several sessions including present life regression). Selling, presentation skills, business start up coaching.
Photos & videos
Everybody is unique and service is designed to suit the client. I try to use evidence based practices but love the way I can offer a creative service tailored to my clients individual needs.
Fees vary depending upon whether individual work or corporate, and subject to a person's individual circumstances. On going coaching and relaxation as little as £50 a session, initial sessions vary. Number of sessions required can vary from just one with long term on going support for some of my clients, for example I see disabled clients, clients with pain, locked in syndrome, M.S, alcohol problems, visually impaired, etc, including home visits of course for the disabled. Smoking cessation usually only one visit is required. I believe it is impossible to compare costs as the measure of the outcome is, success or no success. Unlike many service industry professions, hypnotherapy is not usually long term repeat business. So most of my clients come to me through word of mouth referrals and new web enquiries, rather than repeat business and this is reflected in the charges.
Corporate work includes, Training in Stress management for organisations and staff support. Coaching and motivational measures. Workshops about conflict at work and developing confidence, Motivation, Help with presentations, public speaking, Exhibition Coaching,
I have many years experience as a therapist, trainer, coach, Also have worked with work related stress, and understand this from both the employee point of view and the preventative and some of the legal aspects for employers. I have seen hundreds of people with weight problems and continue to receive many private referrals as a result. Group talks on self hypnosis & minfulness can be arranged with a free therapy session for the organiser. Call me to discuss your requirements.
I am passionate about Weight, Stress and General Well-being.
Sue Smith & Associates
9am to 7pm most days, Saturday mornings, work from Stanley or Gateshead, Newcastle and home visits.