Conditions: - I have many years experience helping clients with Stress, Anxiety, and all related conditions. Also Weight management, Gastro band Hypnotherapy, Motivation, Relationship Issues, Fear of Flying, phobias, fear of public speaking, Low Self Esteem, Smoking Cessation, Lack of Confidence, General Anxiety, Lack of Focus, Smoking Cessation, Panic attacks, Anxiety, Sleep problems, Also long term coaching for focus, business set up and relationship management. Top 3 rated Hypnotherapist in Gateshead in 2019.
I have a professional nursing qualification SRN/ RGN, and many years experience. Multi Award Winning Therapy and have featured in local papers and on the radio. Trained to Advanced Levels of Clinical Hypnotherapy. Specialist diplomas in Stress and Anxiety & Weight management, and Smoking Cessation. I was honoured to be invited to become a Fellow of the APHP (National Association for Professional Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy) in 2017.
A member of the UK Evidence Based Register for Hypnotherapy and Psychology, Fellow of the APHP and registered supervisor, the NRPC(M) and a champion of the CNHC(M) the register for complementary therapies, and dedicated to raising standards in the profession of Hypnosis. Also the International Association for Neurolinguistic Programming and National Mindfulness Association.
Clinics:- In Stanley, Gateshead and Washington and Home Visits. Call now for positive change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Background - SRN.RGN. Graduate Business Studies & ABPI. dist.
- Coaching & Interpersonal Management, Sales trainer and coach in the pharmaceutical industry
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. The Croft Academy.
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy. (UkCollege)
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Croft Academy.
- Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT) Steve Burgess.
- Conscious Analytical Threrapy with Terence Watts The Essex Institute
- Master Cert in Smoking Cessation with Steve Burgess and Croft Academy.
- Tranceformational Hypnotherapy Specialist trained with Devin Hastings Minnisota.
- Inner Child Cert, and training on regression (present life) Steve Burgess, Beverley.
- Stress Management Dip. Stress Mgt cert with MS society, Stress Management for Manager Training with the HSE.
- Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) Plus Conversational Decoding, also Licensed Psychometric Trainer for Motivation at work Gateshead College NVQ Level 4 accredited.
- Advanced Parts Therapy with Terence Watts Essex Institute.
- Weight Management cert ,and Gastric Band Hypnotherapy or Gastro banding with Professor Keith Hearne at the European College of Hypnotherapy.
- Coaching with Learning International and the Coaching Academy and ICH.
- Weight Management Hypnotherapy certificate with Holly Wincote Hypnotherapy
- M.A.G.I.C (advanced coaching methods) with Terence Watts Chairman of the APHP
- Mindfulness Diploma and Practitioner 2016 with Learning International, Centre of Excellence.
- BWRT training in 2018 (Only part 1, I am not a BWRT practitioner)
- Also trained with Christian Pankhurst on Heart Circle work. Christian won the coach of the year award in 2009.
- Appearance on Spice Radio with Dr Anand discussing 'Alternative Therapies' in 2009
- 10 years experience managing relationship issues for a leading introduction agency in the North East of England and featured on the local TV and Radio in discussions about failed relationships and moving on in life.
- Featured in the Newcastle Journal in 2014 about the Gastro Band Hypnotherapy, with client success stories.
- Also featured in Newcastle Chronicle in 2016 with a client testimonial about weight loss.
- An invited speaker at the Annual National Conference for Hypnotherapy run by the APHP in London in 2016, and won several national awards for client technique.
- PtLLs Level 4 2016.
I have run a number of successful workshops for organisations on how to reduce work related stress. I also ran a Mindfulness and Self Hypnosis Workshop for over two years. Recently (September 2018) organised a Wellbeing Exhibition in the North East of England to promote complementary therapies.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Motivation and Goal Setting, Personal Development, Leadership, and conflict management, also confidence at work, confidence in interviews. Regression present life and Inner Child therapy and past life regression. (I only conduct past life regression after several sessions including present life regression).
Photos & videos
Everybody is unique and service is designed to suit the client. Many clients only need a few sessions. Fees are displayed on my website, with concessions for people on low income.
Number of sessions required can vary from just one with long term on going support for some of my clients, for example I see disabled clients, clients with pain, locked in syndrome, M.S, alcohol problems, visually impaired, etc, including home visits of course for the disabled. Smoking cessation usually only one visit is required. I believe it is impossible to compare costs as the measure of the outcome is, success or no success. Unlike many service industry professions, hypnotherapy is not usually long term repeat business.
I have many years experience as a therapist, trainer, coach, Also have worked with work related stress, and understand this from both the employee point of view and the preventative and some of the legal aspects for employers. I have seen hundreds of people with weight problems and continue to receive many private referrals as a result. Group talks on self hypnosis & minfulness can be arranged with a free therapy session for the organiser. Call me to discuss your requirements.
I am passionate about Weight, Stress and General Well-being. Won the Top Three Hypnotherapists Award in Gateshead in 2019.
Sue Smith & Associates
Type of session
9am to 7pm most days, Saturday mornings, work from Stanley or Gateshead, Newcastle and home visits.