Shonagh Terry - access2balance: NCH, Dip.CAH, CNHC, SHF, FCIPD (ret)
I specialise in helping those with anxiety, stress, addictions, phobias, fear of flying, and habits that hold us back.
I can help you, as I have helped so many others. Help you to improve, control or banish altogether what it is that is holding you back.
Want to take that journey with me back to control and to a calmer, better future? All you need to do is call or text me.
It's your first step.
Information about me:
My name is Shonagh Terry and I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist, Below you will find examples of the issues often presented to me for help, but these are not the only conditions or concerns I treat.
It's quite a list I know. These and my qualifications and the training that I have undertaken over the years can appear really dry. Please be assured I treat people, individuals.
I consider myself to be very fortunate to be able to offer help to all sorts of people with a variety of problems. Have a look and see what I help people with.
- Childrens Issues: eg , bed wetting, self confidence, habits, separation anxiety, eating issues ect
- Fear of Flying
- Phobias, spiders, needles etc.
- Panic Attacks
- Quitting Smoking and Vapouring
- Urge Incontinence
- Weight Control and Eating Issues
- Hypno Gastric Band
- Couple Counselling
- Excessive Sweating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome,IBS
- Irritable Bladder
- Teeth Grinding
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD
- Public Speaking
- Exam and Pre-wedding Nerves
- Performance Anxiety, (sporting, work related)
- Nail Biting
I am also a qualified HypnoBirthing practitioner and have Disclosure Scotland Certification.
If you need more information on anything, why not have a look at my website. You might find the answer there or you can request a “call back” and we can have a chat about it.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hope the following will reassure you a little before you call and speak to me before we meet.
Overall, the qualifications I list below have enabled me to offer help with, for example; anxiety, stress, quitting smoking, phobias, fear of flying, addictions and weight issues etc.
So here goes:
I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist, having attained an HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma) from the highly respected UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts & Sciences. This has enabled me become a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) who are the main regulatory body for Hypnotherapists and am recognised by the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). In addition I hold a qualification in Counselling with the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). I also hold a Diploma in Paediatric Hypnotherapy from the Surrey Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy ( SICH) and enjoy working with children and adolescents on a variety of issues. I am therefore bound by these regulating authorities codes of ethics and practise.
- I practise Suggestion, Analytic and Cognitive Hypnotherapy, so have a broad range of interventions within my hypnotherapy work.
- I have also built on my skills offering Counselling, which I have used in both a formal and informal basis almost daily for many years and
- Eye Movement Integration (EMI) Plus, most useful in the resolution of all types and causes of trauma.
- I held the level of a Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD), before retiring, so have an in depth knowledge of Training and Human Resources. This helps me understand the practical aspects of the fear of, for example, public speaking or appraisal meetings.
- I can empathise, and offer practical scenarios in both your hypnotherapy intervention and exercises for you to do yourself.
- As I also spent over 20 years in a medically associated profession before going into Management, I have a good grounding in medical conditions and terminology.
- I work with children and adolescents and have a Disclosure Scotland Certification
- I work with couples
- I work with those with Weight issues through Weight Management Techniques. I have developed and use a system called WHY; Weight, Hypnotherapy and You. I can also offer the Gastric Hypno Band.
- I understand and work with all types of Phobias: Social, Specific and Agoraphobia
- I am a HypnoBirthing practitioner, and can aid and support those parents looking for a more natural approach to childbirth.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Paediatric Issues: eg , bed wetting, children with self confidence issues, habits (such as nail biting, thumb sucking etc) separation anxiety, eating issues, etc.
Fees vary according to the condition or need.
In general, a basic 1 hour consultation is £60. I offer 2 hours for the price of 1 for the first consultation and give discounts for block bookings of 5 or more consultations. Children, students and under 18's are charged £45.
Smoking Cessation is 1-2 hours and is £140.
Hypno Gastic Band around £400 in total
HypnoBirthing® around £400
Home visits can be arranged and fees are on request.
Type of session
By appointment but generally available from 1.30pm - 9pm, Monday- Wednesday. However, appointments outwith these days and hours are sometimes available.