Adeline Kam M.A.
Hello and thank you for visiting the Hypnotherapy Directory. I wonder what solutions you are seeking from hypnotherapy/hypnoanalysis today. Having practised hypnotherapy for over two decades, most clients come to see me mainly because:
- They want to stop what they are currently doing/feeling – for example smoking, comfort eating, drinking too much alcohol, feelings of shame or guilt OR
- They want to do/have something that’s currently missing - for example play better golf, have peace of mind, the confidence to succeed, to be happy.
The two main strands of hypnotherapy I practise are:
- Suggestion therapy which is self explanatory and
- Hypnoanalysis –helps clients to release emotional barriers to success, health and happiness. Safely releasing the past gives clients a better understanding of themselves, helping them to live adaptively in the present whilst reaching out confidently for a brighter and happier tomorrow.
Dr. Sarno in his book "The divided mind" wrote that repressed emotions are the root cause of many physical symptoms; to that may I add, the cause of many emotional issues too - like lack of self esteem, anxiety and panic attacks, phobias. It's 'like something inside yourself but outside your control."
From years of experience working with clients, I find alcohol abuse, comfort eating, smoking are some of the techniques clients have used to get away from the nebulous ‘dis-ease’, ‘that’s inside themselves but outside their control.’ But these distractions are only temporary, what is needed is to find the root cause of the symptom, release them and so achieve a sense of inner peace.
My therapy is client centred, I am also trained in NLP (neurolinguistic programming, Ericksonian hypnoisis, eclectic psychotherapy and emotional freedom techniques (EFT) and educational kinesiology.
For more information please visit my website www.adelinekam.com or call me for a free 30 mins. consultation in North London. It is well served by public transport and parking is available at all times.
I look forward to hearing from you again, soon.
Training, qualifications & experience
M.A in Liguistics (University of London)
Diploma in Psychotherapy ahd Hypnosis (Psychotherapy and Hypnosis Training Association)
Diploma in Hypnoanalysis (HCB - Neil French, Bournemouth)
Diploma in Ericksonian Hypnosis, NLP and Psychotherapy (British Hypnosis Research)
Diploma in Therapeutic Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (N-SHAP)
Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma in association with NCFE and NCH
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Levels 1 & 2
Brain Gym (Educational Kinesiology)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Inner Child therapy.
starts from £90 per hour.Concession for the unemployed, the aged and those on disability benefits.
Registered with the following professional associations:-
NCH - National Council for Hypnotherapy
CNHC - The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
HP - The Hypnotherapy Register
Type of session
Within reason, I work around the times that's convenient for my clients.