Debbie Waller BA(Hons). AdvDipH. AdvDipPSM. ADPR. MBIH.
The Loft Complementary Therapies
2A Assembly St
01977 678593 (9 am to 9 pm)
Congratulations, you are probably reading this because you feel that some aspect of your life needs to change to make you as happy, fulfilled and in control as you would like to be.
Imagine what your life could be like without stress, if you could quit smoking, banish a phobia or reduce your anxiety ... in many cases it takes just a few sessions of hypnotherapy to make that happen.
I am an experienced, highly qualified therapist with a real interest in people and a strong drive to help them make their lives better. My approach is practical and effective, and focussed on what you want your therapy to achieve.
I am registered with the BIH as a Senior Hypnotherapy Practitioner, with the GHR as an Advanced Hypnotherapy Practitioner, and the ACCPH as a Senior Member, the highest level of membership available in all cases. I run a multi-accredited hypnotherapy school, and I am a published author on therapy topics.
I can help you with a wide variety of issues, including anxiety, exam nerves, panic attacks, sleeping disorders, smoking cessation, lack of direction or motivation, generalised anxiety or worrying, PTSD, pain control, public speaking, confidence and self esteem and phobias such as a fear of flying or spiders.
I also have specialist training in working with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - the effectiveness of using hypnotherapy with this condition is recognised by the NHS. I work with adults and children over 10.
This isn't a complete list - if the reason you're considering hypnotherapy isn't here, just contact me with a few details about your situation, and I would be happy to advise.
My clinic is close to junction 31 of the M62, so very convenient for Wakefield, Leeds, Pontefract, and Castleford. I can offer appointments on weekdays or Saturdays, so can fit around your busy life.
TRYING IT OUT
Are you unsure if hypnotherapy is right for you? Do you have questions about what's involved or worries about trance?
If so, you can book a free information session. No hypnosis takes place at these sessions, they are simply a chance for us to meet, and for you to ask whatever questions you like. You can bring a friend or relative with you, so we can decide between us if hypnotherapy is the right thing to help you.
You will not be put under any pressure to book paid therapy sessions and you are welcome to go home and think about things before making any decisions. However, if we both feel that it's right to go ahead, you would be able to book to come back on another occasion to begin therapy.
You can also download a free five minute audio from my website without needing to hand over your email or any other information about yourself. Go to http://www.debbiewaller.com/debbie-waller-audios
I have flyers available on line giving more information about how I approach some of the areas I work with most frequently - just click on the topic that interests you for further details:
- Hypnotherapy for Smokers Who Want To Stop
- Hypnotherapy for anxiety
- Hypnotherapy for Boosting Confidence
- Hypnotherapy for Banishing Unwanted Habits
- Hypnotherapy for People With Phobias
DEBBIE WALLER ON LINE
You can contact me via the Hypnotherapy Directory, my hypnotherapy site (listed at the top of the page) or any of the following:
A WORD ABOUT CLIENT HOURS
Seeing clients is a rewarding and very important part of my working life, but if you've read my profile you'll know I also have to allow time for training and writing commitments (the next book is in the pipeline). I therefore can only offer one-to-one appointments a couple of days a week.
I am happy to take phone calls from 9 am to 9 pm on any day, but cannot offer evening appointments. If you get the answer phone, leave a message and I'll get back to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Professional Qualifications include:
- BA (Hons), First Class, in Humanities and Social Studies (Psychology/Literature), LeedsMetropolitanUniversity
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy from Sunnycoast Hypnotherapy Training
- Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice, from the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Stress Management, at Distinction level, from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Hypnotherapy Diploma from WakefieldSchool of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming from WakefieldSchool of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Corporate Stress Consultant from the Mindcare Organisation, UK
- Certificate in Assertiveness Training from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Diploma in Smoking Cessation Therapy from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Anxiety Specialist, UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Sciences
- Cerificate in IBS treatment by Gut Oriented Metaphor
- Diploma in Anger Management at Distinction level, from College of Integrated Therapies
- Blast Technique, EMDR, PTSD & Trauma Certificate, from Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Anger Management at Distinction level, from College of Integrated Therapies
Some of my Professional Memberships/Accreditations:
- General Hypnotherapy Register (Advanced Practitioner & Supervisor)
- British Institute of Hypnotherapy & NLP (Senior Practitioner)
- Stress Coaching Association (Accredited Stress Coach)
- Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists (Senior Member)
- Guild for Stress Management and Traumas Specialists (member and accredited trainer)
- Guild for Smoking Cessation Specialists and Therapists (member and accredited trainer)
- National Smoking Cessation Institute
- International Board of Certified Trainers
- International Stress Management Association
- Guild for Irritable Bowel Specialists
- Central Register of Stop Smoking Therapists
I am a keen advocate of continuous professional development and undertake additional training and qualifications regularly.
All certification and insurance, and my DBS check (previously called CRB) is available to view at my clinic.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
THERAPIES NOT LISTED ABOVE:
- Assertiveness Training; a combination of coaching and hypnotherapy for those who want to negotiate better, express themselves more clearly or stand up for themselves in a postive, non aggressive and constructive way
- Stress Management coaching: if you don't want to use hypnotherapy for some reason, I can still help you reduce your stress and cope better.
EMDR for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other traumas
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) is well known as an effective and simple way of dealing with PTSD but it can also be used for reducing the impact of all kinds of unpleasant experiences such as muggings, car accidents, relationship crises and much more. Please contact me for more information about this.
STRESS MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR BUSINESSES
I offer seminars and workshops on stress and related issues around the North of England. Please see http://www.yorkshirestressmanagement.com
HYPNOTHERAPY TRAINING & CPD
I offer hypnotherapy training at all levels from Taster Days to multi accredited practitioner courses, and CPD for practicing therapists. I can also offer group and occasionally one to one supervision services. Find out more on http://www.yorkshirehypnotherapytraining.co.uk and http://www.cpd.expert
- 08/09/18 - Hypnotherapy practitioner training, York
- 20/01/19 - Hypnotherapy training taster day, January 2019
- 17/02/19 - Hypnotherapy training taster day, February 2019
- 17/03/19 - Hypnotherapy training taster day, March 2019
- Information session - free, subject to availability
- Smoker's Programme £150. Couples discount available (see website for T&C).
A four step programme for smokers who want to stop. Have a look at the flyer above for more information on what's included.
- For other issues it's often difficult to predict the number of sessions you'll need without knowing something about your circumstances, so I charge on a 'per session' basis, with a fee of £65 per session. You can reduce this by paying for a block of sessions in advance.
The first session is likely to be up to two hours, after that sessions are approximately an hour each. Price remains the same regardless of the length of the session.
The therapy clinic in Normanton (WF6), West Yorkshire, is situated close to junction 31 of the M62. It is easily reached from
- and the surrounding areas.
Weekday and Saturday appointments are available.
Please visit my websites for more information:
My LinkedIn account: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/debbiewaller
•Mondays •alternate Saturdays (See bottom of 'about me' for why such limited hours) I am happy to take phone calls in the evening, but I'm afraid I cannot offer evening appointments.