John Lowson HPD, DSFH, CNHC, MNCH, Solution Focused Hypnotherapist
Solution Focused Clinical Hypnotherapy uses practical, modern, and well researched evidence-based protocols and strategies to help you make significant, positive changes in your life in a relatively short period of time.
By combining neuroscience research with solution focused psychotherapy techniques and exercises, each session you attend enables your positive solutions to become more apparent and achievable.
This approach provides you, the client, with reassurance that your positive outcomes can be achieved, and through a close client/therapist partnership, a programme of therapy can be commenced. One session of hypnosis will not cure a thirty year problem; solution focused hypnotherapy is a commitment to a programme of therapy over a period of time, with clear evidence to show your outcomes are being achieved.
By using a scientific, evidence-based approach, Solution focused hypnotherapy offers a quicker time-frame to achieve your results.
I can help with:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Low Confidence & Self Esteem
- PTSD & Trauma
- Anger & Behavioural Management
- Weight Control & Management (I do not use hypno-band type therapy)
- Pain Management
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Insomnia and Sleep Issues
- Smoking Cessation
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsion Disorder)
- Public Speaking
- Phobias & Fears
- Sports Performance
- Personal & Business Performance
Set in a clinical environment my clinic is based in Halifax, West Yorkshire so please feel free to contact me for an informal chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
My name is John and I am a solution focused clinical hypnotherapist and psychotherapist and I am the proprietor of J Lowson Hypnotherapy in Hipperholme, Halifax.
As a well respected local businessman I found myself studying hypnotherapy as the result of a very bitter, non-instigated divorce a few years ago.
Hypnotherapy allowed me to re-focus on the positive aspects of my life and re-trained my very negative brain to be positive and look at a new positive future.
- HPD (Level 4) Hypnotherapy Practitioner with the Clifton Practice Leeds University
- DSFH Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
- MNCH Member of the National Council of Hypnotherapy
- AfSFH Member of the Association of Solution Focused Hypnotherapists
- CNHC Complimentary & Natural Health Care Council Accreditation (NHS Referrals Welcomed)
- Enhanced DBS Checked (Work with children and vulnerable clients)
- Fully Insured
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Free Initial Consultation and Fees start from £40 -
- Initial Consultation = FREE
- Therapy Sessions = £60 (Concessionary & Bulk Rates Available)
- Skype / Zoom Remote Sessions = £60
- Stop Smoking (1 Session no Top up) = £150
- Mental Massage (Relaxation) = £40
My practice is based in Hipperholme a 5 minute drive from the surrounding areas of Halifax, Brighouse, Claremount, Boothtown, Lightcliffe, Norwood Green, Northowram, Shelf, Queensbury, Wyke and Wibsey. Set in a clinical setting with easy access and on the major bus routes to Halifax, Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds.
Type of session
Unfortunately my clinic in Halifax is on the first floor level with steps. However I can offer home visits / remote sessions if required and to comply with the 2010 Equality act.
I Can accommodate customers 7 Days a week - Please contact me if you require a specific day or time.