Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist, Trainer and Clinical Supervisor-Sharon Dyke
I am a senior practitioner, qualified in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy, with over 35 years experience working in adult social care, primarily managing community mental health services and currently, an adult social care regulator.
I became interested in hypnotherapy 15 years ago whilst working specifically with people who experienced mental health problems, this included trauma. Following much research into the use of positive psychology it became apparent to me that hypnotherapy, (also known as positive mental rehearsal, or guided relaxation), and the use of trance, could be a valuable tool, and when offered as a therapeutic intervention, could help many people take back control of their lives. One way we promote this is through positive thinking, positive interaction and positive action.
My training in hypnotherapy and psychotherapy
I studied Solution Focused Hypnotherapy at The Clifton Practice, a leading teaching authority delivering the nationally accredited (SFHT) and now offering solution focused training across the world. I was a senior lecturer at the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training School for five years delivering the Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma (HPD) course in Guildford Surrey. Currently I deliver training in Emotional Resilience across the South West. For more information about courses and workshops, please see my Training page. I am also a clinical supervisor, supporting other like minded Solution Focused Hypnotherapists across the country, both face to face and on line.
Additionally, I have trained in Human Givens Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (hyp), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (hyp), SFBT Supervision, Humanistic Counselling, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), NLP, Solution Focused Business for professionals and Solution Focused Practice with BRIEF.
I integrate these models to ensure every client's treatment plan is person-centred.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is underpinned by Neuroscience. I specialise in working with people who experience low intensity mental health problems such as Depression, Anxiety and Anger, all of which can manifest in symptoms that could include, low self esteem, lack of confidence, OCD, PTSD, nail biting, hair pulling, phobias/fear, skin picking, stress, panic attacks, and generally feeling like life is overwhelming and out of control.
So when you are ready to leave the past behind and take a positive step forward in your life, then get in touch and arrange a consultation with me.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications My professional qualifications are:
- Certificate in SFBT
- Diploma Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma
- Solution Focused Business Professional Coach
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Skills Level 4 (CBT Hyp) (Feb 2009)
- Diploma in Solution Focused Brief Therapy Level 4 (SFBT hyp)
- Solution Focused Supervision for Hypnotherapy Diploma (level 5)
- Diploma Human Givens Psychotherapy
- Substance misuse recognition, responses and referrals (level 2)
- Advanced practitioners substance misuse (level 3)
- Brief Interventions with Alcohol Users (Level 2)
- HNC Managing Health and Social Care
- HND Managing Health and Social Care
- Certificate in Education
- D32 D33 C25 Assessor and Coaching awards
- Smart Business Coaching level NCFE level 3
- I specialise in working with people who experience symptoms of low intensity mental health problems, for example symptoms of Depression, Anxiety and Anger. Symptoms can manifest in many ways including, low confidence, phobias, OCD, alcohol issues, weight management and substance misuse, to name just a few. Symptoms can also cause physical issues such as persistent pain, skin conditions, and many more.
- My focus in this area came about following 33 years experience of working in health and social care. Over time I became interested in the way people behaved, specifically the conscious and subconscious behaviours. Neuroscience and brain plasticity was transforming the way we looked at behaviours back then, and the more I read, the more I realized that understanding how the brain worked meant people who experienced life challenges could take control, and make a huge positive change to their life.
- It soon became apparent that Hypnotherapy can be a valuable tool. Hypnotherapy can support people to take back control and make desired changes thus enabling people to think more positively, interact more positively and take positive action.
- In December 2010 I became a founder member of the AfSFH, we set up this national membership organisation, it is the only Solution Focused Hypnotherapy membership organisation in the country, and to date it has over 500 members across the world. I also became a Clinical Supervisor for Hypnotherapists in 2010 and in 2014 i became a senior lecture for Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training and currently I co-direct CPHT Guildford.
I am 100% committed to Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and helping people make a positive change to their lives.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Each member of APHP has received thorough training in hypnosis and hypnotherapy, is competent and conscientious, and abides strictly by a code of ethics.
There are four grades of membership: Licentiate (LAPHP), Registered Member (MAPHP), Accredited Member (MAPHP(acc.)) and Fellow (FAPHP), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience.
The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy is a member organisation of UKCHO (an umbrella body for the hypnotherapy profession in the United Kingdom).
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
The National Council for Hypnotherapy holds one of the largest registers of independent Hypnotherapists in the United Kingdom and strives to maintain the highest standards among its members.
There is an agreed Code of Conduct, an established Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure and all members are obliged to maintain comprehensive Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance, maintain regular CPD (continuing professional development) hours, and attend Supervision when needed.
The Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) was set up to provide information about a modern form of Hypnotherapy and its associated benefits to members of the public. The main aim of the AfSFH is to spread awareness of the benefits of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. Its secondary aim is to support Hypnotherapists in their businesses by encouraging good practice and self-care.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
£65.00 per session
Initial consultation, includes Hypnotic Relaxation CD or download -£30
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy - £65 per session.
Smoking cessation - £225 for one session.
Supervision one to one - £65 per session.
Group supervision - £35 per three hour session for a maximum of six sessions per year, this is paid at £17.50 per month by direct debit and includes telephone support in between sessions.
When I work
Monday to Friday evening appointment
Saturday day appointments
I run a friendly Hypnotherapy Clinic in Taunton, Somerset, as a Solutions Focused Hypnotherapist, I work with you at the centre helping to alleviate symptoms which may cause: Anxiety & Stress Panic Attacks' Depression Self-Harm, PTSD, Anger & Anger Management Obsessions, Habit Changing, Phobias, Fear Conquering, Problem Solving, Confidence Building, Increasing Self-Esteem, as well as helping you overcome issues linked to Excessive Drinking, Substance Misuse, Weight Loss, Improve Performance in areas such as sports, music, presentations etc, Banish Exam Nerves... and the list goes on!
As a Solutions Focused Hypnotherapist in Taunton, I offer an initial consultation that can last up to 45 minutes, during this time I will help you design your own treatment plan that determines the goals you wish to achieve. At the end of the consultation you'll receive a Hypnotic Relaxation CD/Download that may begin the process of bringing about positive change for you.
I hope you enjoy browsing through my website, please feel free to give me a call on Taunton 07766250113 or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I look forward to helping you get the confidence and motivation to change your life in a positive way using the Solutions Focused Approach. Sharon Dyke-Hypnotherapist -Taunton-Somerset