Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
- A Highly experienced therapist Specialising in Anxiety, Phobias, Depression and Disordered eating, Rae is the former NCH Specialist Advisor in Weight Control and has sixteen years experience of working with very serious issues such as Anorexia and oferring emergency emotional help. Rae is also qualified in CBT, BWRT, NLP, EFT, Eye Movement Integration, and the Understanding Your Eating Weight Programme.
- Regulated CNHC Therapist
- Rae is an NCH Award winning therapist. The first Scottish therapist to win The Prestigious NCH "Voice of The Year" and recently appeared on TV on BBC One when she worked with a celebrity to help them begin the journey to losing weight. She is a prolific conference speaker, talking on the subject of Disordered Eating and is the founder of the "Release Me" (C) Programme for Weight Control which can also provide a complete downloadable programme to those who cannot attend for therapy sessions.
- One of the first Licensed Hypnoband Practitioners in Scotland offering Gastric Band Hypnotherapy Programme for weight Loss.
- Has over sixteen years experience of providing specialist expertise in weight loss, binge eating, self harm, overeating, eating disorders, and anxiety related problems.
- Founder of The Scottish Hypnotherapy Foundation.
- Providing accredited Hypnotherapy Training in Scotland at http://www.therapycentre.uk
- Disclosure Scotland Certificate
As well as being a practicing therapist, Rae is an NGH Certified Instructor of Hypnotherapy and has taught the NCH HPD Course for fourteen years. She runs a very successful training establishment The Scottish Academy of Hypnosis and has trained many of the Scottish practitioners listed in this directory.
Rae works Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10.00 through to 7.00pm. Sessions are currently priced at £80 per session
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualified in Hypnotherapy (Dip CAH), HPD, Dip.AHMT
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Dip CBT)
Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming
NGH Certified Instructor of Hypnotherapy
Meridian Therapy Certified Practitioner and Instructor
Eye Movement Integration
Founder of Release Me © Program for Weight Control.
Understanding Your Eating © Licensed Practitioner
Rae has thousands of hours of therapy experience specialising in the area of weight control and worked as an NCH Specialist advisor enjoying great success in working with weight problems using her own unique approach. She has worked with Musicians, Artists, Actors and sportspeople to help improve performance. Enjoys working with anxiety and Phobias of all kinds. Emotional and behavioural problems. Confidential service. Always understanding and compassionate.
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Weight Loss, Binge Eating, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety, Confidence, Low Self esteem, hypnoband, hypno-band, gastric band hypnosis, gastric band hypnotherapy, help for overeating, eating disorders, compulsive eating, relationship problems, problematic thoughts, jealousy etc. Public speaking, interview preparation, driving test nerves, exam nerves, sexual problems, ed, karaoke confidence.
£60.00 - £180.00
Free initial telephone session
Normal Session fee is £80 per hour. Sessions usually last one hour.
Concessions available for unemployed, students, OAPs, Armed services, Emergency Services, carers and NHS staff.
Weight Control Sessions £80
Hypnoband (virtual gastric band hypnosis with CBT) £400 for 4 sessions
Smoking Cessation £180 (one off session, if a second is required it is included in the price and a free recording to help you afterwards is also included)
When I work
Saturday, Sunday, Monday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Other times are available if necessary.
Hypnotherapy offers many different techniques which can help people control their eating. Eveyone is unique and I work in a very flexible way to address the problems which cause people to overeat.
Dieting can cause many problems with hormonal balance and appetite. Please don't go on another diet this Year. Come and get some expert help.