Jon Creffield (HPD, DSFH, DHP, MNCH (Reg.) AfSFH)
Hello there and welcome to my profile. My name is Jon Creffield and I am a fully qualified clinical hypnotherapist. My therapy rooms are in Clifton Village and Westbury-on-Trym, conveniently close to all areas of Bristol and the surrounding counties. There is ample parking nearby.
In order to be happy, we need to be free. I want to help you free yourself from whatever challenges you are facing: whether it's anxiety, a phobia, stress, an addiction, OCD, depression, cigarettes, weight issues or anything else, I'm here to help.
What to expect:
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy uses practical, modern, and well-researched strategies to help people make significant, positive changes in their lives in a relatively short period of time. With Solution Focused Hypnotherapy, we look at what you want to achieve (the solution) rather than at whatever prompted you to visit me (the problem).
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is a collaborative process: change happens because you want it to and because you are prepared to take the necessary steps to allow it to happen.
- The initial consultation is designed to assess what you want to achieve, how hypnotherapy can help you and how many sessions you are likely to need.
- Subsequent hypnotherapy sessions involve much more than hypnosis. During the first part of each session we’ll talk about the progress you have made and I’ll be encouraging you to express yourself positively, focusing on solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
- I’ll help you to imagine your preferred future, a future where you have a more useful perspective on the quality of your life. I’ll then guide you into a relaxed state of hypnosis so that we can consolidate what we have discussed.
Just call me on 01934 645 939 / 07413 776 313 or email me by clicking here to get started.
What is Hypnotherapy/Hypnosis?
Hypnotherapy is a combination of psychotherapy and hypnosis. The psychotherapy in itself is extremely beneficial and its effects are enhanced by the application of Hypnosis, which enables the subconscious mind to make beneficial changes.
Hypnosis is a state of focused attention. In this relaxed state, your mind is more responsive to suggestion. In a therapeutic setting, the suggestions are designed to be beneficial to help you change unhelpful thought patterns.
Clients sometimes comment that hypnosis is not unlike daydreaming – a beautiful experience whilst in a deeply relaxed state. In fact, you could think of hypnosis as guided daydreaming: but a daydream that produces changes in the way you think and behave.
What is Hypnosis like?
Actually, we all experience the Hypnotic state in our everyday lives.
Have you ever driven home and not remembered anything about the journey, or been engrossed in a book and not been conscious of time passing? If so, you’ve been in a state of focused attention, not unlike the feeling of being hypnotised. During hypnosis I will guide you into a similar state so that beneficial suggestion can be directed towards your subconscious mind.
The initial consultation is an opportunity for you to:
- discuss the challenges you are currently facing
- understand how the brain works
- discover ways to reduce stress in your life
- learn how to increase your sense of wellbeing and happiness
I will give you an explanation of trance and hypnosis as a first step towards achieving your goals. In addition, you will receive a complimentary copy of my hypnotherapy audio, Rest & Relax.
Just call me on 01934 645 939 / 07413 776 313 or email me by clicking here.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a fully qualified clinical hypnotherapist, I am registered with the following organisations:
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy - MNCH (Reg.) (NCH)
- Association For Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH)
My qualifications include:
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
- I hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
I am also an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries. I am subject to Anxiety UK’s regular monitoring of my professional qualifications, supervision, continual professional development, insurance and professional body membership in addition to complying with the ethical framework and professional standards set down by my registered governing body.
Why I became a hypnotherapist
Let me tell you a story. For many years I worked and trained in a life-coaching role, helping people to start a new life, overcome anxiety, depression, anger, addiction and other challenges, and to meet educational, employment and social goals.
I remember meeting an older individual, someone in the twilight of their years; they’d had an unhappy life. The challenges they’d lived through were so painful, so heart wrenching, that it was hard to comprehend their suffering. They’d lost family members in a fire, their life-partner had died unexpectedly, and now they were alone, facing a new life, but exhausted by the one they’d already lived.
They wanted to start again, to begin life anew, but were so overburdened by the grief and regrets of the past that they could not see a way forward. I really wanted to help them. At that point, I resolved to find a new way to help people – to help them where it really counts: in their minds, where thoughts, hopes and ambitions are created.
My hypnotherapy practice is the outcome of this plan. Through clinical hypnotherapy, I offer a service that helps people look forward with positivity to a new life, to leave behind anxiety, stress, anger and depression, as they dream a new way of being, a new way of living.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Photos & videos
Initial Consultation: £70
Hypnotherapy session: £70.
Concessionary Combined Initial Consultation and First Hypnotherapy Session £100 (this is a full initial consultation and first hypnotherapy session and lasts approximately 90-120 minutes)
Smoking Cessation - Initial Consultation is not necessary. A smoking addiction is remedied in a single two-hour session costing £140.
Contact me for a friendly chat about how hypnotherapy can help you. Just call me on 01934 645 939 / 07413 776 313 or email me by clicking here.
- The journey to a stress-free life
- Out of the shadows: overcoming depression
- Winning the worry war – emptying your stress bucket!
- How to overcome anxiety
- Three simple steps to be happy now!
- Quit smoking and overcome anxiety
- Facing up to addiction with solution-focused hypnotherapy
- How to prepare for your stop-smoking hypnotherapy session
I'm passionate about helping my clients achieve all their goals: freedom is important, and whatever challenge you are facing, I'm here to help you break free from it.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy uses practical, modern, and well-researched strategies to help people make significant, positive changes in their lives in a relatively short period of time. With Solution Focused Hypnotherapy, we look at what the client wants to achieve (the solution) rather than at whatever prompted them to visit us (the problem).
The approach focuses on the present and future and not on the past. I ask my clients to consider their preferred future; for instance, what would be better if the problem had improved? What would have changed? This enables the client’s possible solutions to become more obvious and gives the client a goal to work towards.
Hypnosis itself reduces anxiety, and this is done very simply through relaxation and visualisation, allowing the client to focus on the positive aspects of their life and encouraging a shift in perspective.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy helps with confidence and self-esteem problems. It can also help in the treatment of depression and anxiety, including panic attacks, agoraphobia (fear of open spaces) and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Minor phobias such as spiders, water, flying, and public speaking can also be minimised, along with painful memories and traumatic experiences.
In fact, a whole range of issues, including weight loss, sexual problems, exam nerves, health problems, sport, business and career success, and much, much more can all be helped with hypnotherapy. I would be happy to discuss your objectives so we can find a path forwards together to help you achieve your goals.
What is Psychotherapy?
There are many different kinds of psychotherapy, all of which aim to help people overcome stress or emotional problems. Psychotherapy involves talking together to help clients overcome their difficulties. Psychotherapy is often referred to as a ‘talking treatment’.
The type of psychotherapy I practise is ‘Solution Focused Therapy techniques’ and is designed to reduce anxiety and calm the mind. As the name suggests it focuses on solutions for the future, rather than analysing problems of the past.
Provided you are willing to make changes to the way you think, the therapy is highly effective in relieving the symptoms of anxiety and stress. Focusing on solutions means we do not dwell on problems.
– acknowledge where you are currently
– identify where you want to be
– help you to make the necessary changes.
The type of psychotherapy I practise does not involve analysing painful memories from the past. If you have experienced unpleasant events, we acknowledge they happened and help you get from where you are to where you want to be.
Weekday, weekend and evening appointments are available. There is ample parking located conveniently close to my therapy rooms.