Jackie Karkeek HPD, DipCAH, CHBP, NCH, CNHC
Hi, I’m Jackie and I am a qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist, specialising in anxiety, stress, trauma and PTSD.
The reason I specialise in anxiety and stress disorders, is because it is these conditions that underpin and exacerbate just about every problem issue for which you may be seeking hypnotherapy. So, to deal effectively with your personal issues, we need to begin by dissipating the anxiety state that is keeping you doing the negative activity that you have developed. Once we have achieved that, working together, it becomes more straightforward to subsequently break the habit, or the negative behaviour that you wish to change. This could be anything at all from addiction issues to anger management, weight problems, self-esteem issues to fears and phobias.
I have undergone extensive training in these areas, and in other scientifically researched and positive therapy treatments, such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) and Rewind, to ensure I have the most powerful toolbox from which to help you deal with your particular concerns.These latter therapy techniques are widely used to treat PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), phobias and deep-seated trauma and published success rates are extremely positive.
No two people are alike, even if they come stating the same facts about their anxieties and general concerns. We are all completely individual - -our backgrounds, our life-experiences and our beliefs - and as such, no two clients will ever receive the same treatment or therapeutic sessions. Consequently, I tailor a plan individually for every person who comes to seek my help and this, I believe is the reason that I have positive results. I love what I do and am passionate about helping people wherever I can to get back to a place of calm, optimism and confidence in their lives.
Having great rapport between client and therapist, is essential to getting positive results - and to this end, I offer a free half hour telephone conversation, to allow you time to get all your questions answered, to also enable you to get a feeling for who I am and whether you feel you would like to work with me and of course, to ensure that from my side, I believe I am the right choice of clinician to help you to resolve those issues. Usually, well before the end of the 30 minutes, between us, we have those answers.
My best advice to you when choosing your therapist therefore, is that if it instinctively feels right to you, during that conversation - then it probably is! If you would like to find out more about me, please take a look at my website - www.mindinmotion.co.uk - where you will find a short video to show how I can help you, and a few client testimonials.
I am very proud to have received the seal, (next section below) of the three top hypnotherapists in Exeter for 2018. This accolade has been given by the independent consumer organisation, Three Best Rated, who rate the top three hypnotherapists in the Exeter area, using a strict 50 point criteria system.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am accredited by the NCH and the CNHC and I hold the following qualifications:
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- Diploma in Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis (DipCAH)
- Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner (CHBP)
Continuing Professional Development - Accredited Courses Attended
- How to Control Severe Anxiety and OCD
- The Fast Trauma and Phobia Cure
- EMDR and Ego State Therapy
- Brief Therapy for Stopping Addictions
- Therapeutic Power of Language
- Guided Imagery and Visualisation for Therapeutic Change
- Effective Brief Psychotherapy
- Creative Ways to Rewind Trauma
- Strategies for Working with Anxiety and Panic
- Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner
- Diploma in Clinical and Advanced Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- Psychneuroimmunology (PND)
- Certificate of Personal and Professional Development UWL
- How to Tell Stories that Heal
- How to Lift Depression
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I am a hypnobirthing specialist, having gained the CHBP, (Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner) and more specific information about this course can be found on both my websites:
www.hypnobabies-sw.com and www.mindinmotion.co.uk
I hold specialist training in EMDR, (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing,) an invaluable and powerful alternative tool for treating trauma and PTSD, no matter how long-standing the issues has been.
Photos & videos
- 30 minute telephone consultation - FREE OF CHARGE
- Session fees start at £60 in Exmouth and £70 in Exeter. Sessions are approximately one hour duration, but may be longer if both parties agree.
- Smoking cessation - £130 - one double appointment, duration up to two hours. (Please note that absolute commitment is required to be successful.)
- One off, double hypnobirthing session, duration up to 2 hours - £100
- Classic course of 5 weekly (or thereabouts) easibirthing sessions of 1-1.5 hours duration - £300
- Payment by cash, cheque or BACS please
Length of treatment:
The amount of sessions required for any condition will be decided wherever possible, during the initial consultation. I will aim to keep these to a minimum according to the issues and causes presented.
Please note that 24 hours notice is required for cancellation, or a fee will be charged.
If you refer a friend/colleague/family member to me and they take up an appointment, you will receive £10 off your next session as a thank you.
Monday to Friday 10.30 - 19.00
Saturdays 10.00 - 14.00 on request