Gwen Barr - HPD, DipCHyp, NLP (MPrac), CNHC (Acc.) Cog Hyp Master Practitioner
Hello, I’m Gwen, a Cognitive Hypnotherapist based in the beautiful town of Kirriemuir in Angus.
Do you feel something is holding you back, or maybe you want to be different but don’t know how?
My passion is helping you resolve these questions in a way that can transform your life. I’ve built my practise around creating a safe, non-judgemental environment for my clients.
Therapy is a partnership, we work together using cutting edge techniques to make a profound difference in the way you think, on an unconscious level. It doesn’t matter who you are, or how old you are, everyone is different, and in therapy we know one size doesn’t fit all.
Whatever the issue you’re facing, however long you’ve lived with it, you deserve a lasting resolution. I am committed to helping you find it. In fewer sessions than you may think, we can find solutions to your problems, and you can make lasting change.
I love what I do, it’s a privilege to help people overcome their challenges, to find strength, to be happier than they thought possible. The result is enhanced understanding of yourself and your capabilities. So if you’re ready to make changes and would like to know how I can help you...
Please get in touch for a free no obligation consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma of Cognitive Hypnotherapy (DipCHyp)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)
- Cognitive Hypnotherapy Master Practitioner
- Master practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming NLP (MPrac)
- Registered Member Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Disclosure Scotland Registered
As a Quest Institute trained Cognitive Hypnotherapist, I am trained in a range of skills and techniques – including Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Life Coaching. My approach is based on highly personalised support, and as your needs are unique, you will receive tailored sessions that get to the heart of what you want to change.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
- Free telephone or email consultation prior to any commitment to establish how I can help you and give us a chance to decide if we want to work together.
- Standard sessions - 75 minutes (allow for 90 mins) – £75
- Double sessions - 2.5 hours – £130 (Recommended for those who are pushed for time and need the benefits of issue analysis and therapeutic work within one extended session)
- Block Bookings - 3 x 75 minute session £210. Block bookings are required to be paid up front. (When you book three sessions you will receive a discount on the full price of £225) This also means that you can secure your desired sessions in the diary.
I recently received this email from a lovely client who wanted to share her courageous decision to face her biggest fear.... and conquer it! I hope when you read through her words, you can hear how limiting her life had become and how life doesn't have to be that way for anyone...
"Having your first baby changes you in so many ways. Your outlook on everything is completely different, you realise what is important in life and you have an overpowering amount of love and desire to the best by your new precious bundle. At 36, motherhood brought to light a phobia I had been living with since childhood, claustrophobia.
Over the years, claustrophobia had limited me in so many ways, the main one being my inability to get in a lift. I would ALWAYS take the stairs and spent one holiday on a cruise ship climbing 13 flights of stairs daily to get from our cabin to the top deck, just to avoid the lift. I would get a cold sweat going anywhere new until I knew that there were stairs for me to climb.
Unfortunately, a pram is a rather large limitation for most flights of stairs and so, I decided that i had to try to get some help with facing my fears. I contacted Gwen Barr to chat about my situation and her positivity from the start gave me confidence that I actually may be able to make some life changing differences.
I went for 3 sessions of Cognitive Hypnotherapy where we addressed my fears and Gwen set out to change these for me. On my 3rd session, we went to a local cafe and worked on getting me in their lift. I was astonished that I managed to do this and actually felt really good about being able to do so afterwards!! From there, I went from strength to strength and used a lift as often as I could. I challenged myself to use every lift I came in contact with......and I managed!
Gwen has changed my life with only 3 sessions......I can now take my daughter out in her pram and go anywhere! No longer do I have any limitations and I cannot thank Gwen enough for her kindness, her patience, her hard work and the empathy she had for the severe claustrophobia that I used to suffer! Thanks a million Gwen xx"
Type of session
Monday- Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm