Hello, I’m Chris O’Connor
I was born in Widnes, but spent most of my life being brought up in Rainhill.
I have worked within the public sector for the last nineteen years. These two roles were split as seven spent as a nursing assistant at Ashworth Special Hospital and the other twelve as a front line police officer. I attended City University in London in 2008 and gained a Foundation Degree and an NVQ in Policing.
I am passionate about helping and supporting people who suffer with mental health related conditions and through suffering with depression myself I soon came to realise that Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is a fantastic way to help people overcome brain related issues and reach new goals in their lives.
Through receiving Solution Focused Hypnotherapy myself I enrolled on a course which was being ran by the Clifton Practice in Liverpool.
I have qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist with a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (DHP) which is viewed by many as the ‘Gold Standard’ of Hypnotherapy Training.
I have an enhanced DBS certificate for working with vulnerable adults and children. I am professionally insured by Holistic Services Insurance and I am a member of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
Qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Female sexual problems *
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
My fees are currently as follows:
Free Initial Consultation – including a supporting track download.
Follow-up sessions – £60.00
Smoking Cessation – £150.00
Sports Performance- £50.00
Weight Management Programme – 6 sessions – £350.00
Fees are to be settled at the end of each session by cash or card.
NB: Please note I require 36 hours’ notice for cancelled appointments and reserve the right to charge the full session fee outside of this notice period. Missed appointments will be charged at the full rate.
Hypnotherapy is effective however success in not guaranteed and full client commitment is important. Listening to the relaxation track between sessions is a vital element in the process and participation is required. This will be fully explained in the initial consultation.
I offer a free no obligation initial consultation which may takes 50 minutes.
- It provides you with the opportunity to explain why you are seeking help
- It assists me to assess whether hypnotherapy can help
- Allows a rapport between us and gives you the opportunity to decide whether you wish to work with me
- I will carry out some basic information gathering and establish the best way to help you
- Explain thoroughly how the brains and why you may be suffering in the way that you are
- Explain to you how Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is different in many ways from other forms of therapy and why trance is an easy thing to do
- I will be able to provide you with a rough guide to how many sessions you will need.
- I will give you a Relaxation Track to listen to between the sessions. This track will assist the process immensely
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy sessions
Your first session and all sessions following the Initial Consultation will last for approximately fifty minutes.
Upon greeting you, I will be asking you to find positive events and experiences which have happened in your life since the Initial Consultation. We will then briefly revise and go the information which was provided during the consolation about how the brain works and why you may be suffering in the way which you are.
Before trance we will focus on how to improve whichever area(s) in your life in which you would like help with. This will then be followed up with trance which is the main body of the session. You will be empowered all times to focus on the solution and never the problem.
The fantastic part about Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is that you will be empowered to find your own solutions in a manner which is catered solely for you as an individual.
Despite this you do need to be committed and open minded as to giving the treatment your best effort. Upon conclusion of the trance session most people feel extremely, relaxed and refreshed.
This takes 4 sessions including the initial consultation. This involves a relaxation session, Rewind Technique session , and concludes with the use of a well know technique named ‘Reframe’.
Stop Smoking session lasts up to two hours and the initial consultation is included as part of this session. Full client commitment is essential and willpower is required.
Type of session
Please contact me to discuss