Steve Neesam BA (Hons) - Hypnotherapist & Psychotherapist
I am an experienced Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist.
"Can you help me"?
I can help with a wide range of issues such as specific anxiety or generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, depression and panic disorder. I understand how these can take over your life and it is very common to feel that the situation is hopeless. Most clients that I see have come to me as a last resort having tried many other things to help them. By working together at the pace that is right for you, real and meaningful change can happen within you as you gain release from these once overwhelming feelings and thoughts.
I am also experienced in helping people to quit smoking through hypnosis.
You can contact me through this page, via my website or by phoning 01323 508811/07835 518115.
"How do I get started with you"?
Just call or email me and we will have an initial chat over the phone. This allows me to more fully understand how I can help you and what you want from therapy. It also gives you a chance to get a feel as to whether I am the right therapist for you.
We can then book in our first session and if you're happy to continue we'll set up a second session and then arrange to meet weekly or fortnightly as appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy. (UKCP)
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
- I am an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries.
- Through delivering hypnotherapy, coaching and psychotherapy in Eastbourne and East Sussex, I have 30 years experience in helping people to better achieve their potential and gain release from their problems.
- I am a qualified Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist and trained through the National College of Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. It is the only UK training organisation which is authorised to offer the European Certificate of Clinical Hypnosis through the European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy.
- Masters level qualification in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy.
- Member of the National Society of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in Management Studies.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is an umbrella organisation, with over 80 training, or accrediting organisations in membership.
Registration with UKCP is obtained through one of their Member Organisations and each practitioner must maintain membership of a Member Organisation to maintain their UKCP Registration.
Members must adhere to approved Codes of Ethics and Practice and be accountable to UKCP Complaints and Appeals Procedures.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Sessions weekdays between 9 o'clock and 5 o'clock - £70
Sessions beginning at 5 o'clock onwards and Saturdays - £85
Smoking cessation - £145
(Home visits by agreement).
I am available Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 7.00 pm.
Easy On-site Parking at Grand Parade
There is ample free parking on site, helping you arrive as relaxed as possible. It is less than 10 minutes walk from Polegate train station.