Marcia Tillman BSc (hons), MNCH (Acc), HPD
As a highly experienced therapist with over 18 years of experience as a Hypnotherapist, I can help you move forward with your life. I specialise in working with clients who would like to overcome anxiety, stress, phobia’s and trauma and I also have a special interest in working with clients for fertility and through pregnancy.
I think that it is really important for Hypnotherapists to receive high-quality classroom-based training and continue to update their skills and invest in further training which is why I have spent thousands of pounds on the best quality training including training with worldwide experts like Paul McKenna, Dr. Richard Bandler, and Dr. Roger Callahan. In 2013 I set up my own training school in Faversham, Kent where I teach others to become professional accredited Hypnotherapists and I have taught tapping (TFT) to others for 8 years.
I feel it is really important to really listen to clients, to be empathic, non-judge-mental and to help you create a clear idea of what you would like to change from our time together and what that looks like for you going forward. This allows the Hypnotherapy part of the session to be really focussed on what you need and much more successful because we both have a greater understanding of what you want to change. My additional training in Counselling, CBT, Tapping, NLP and EMDR really gives some extra high-quality tools to make positive changes in your life and we can discuss whether they may be helpful to you.
I also work as a Hypnotherapy supervisor and see supervisee's who are new to Hypnotherapy and more experienced.
My sessions are held at my clinic in Faversham, Kent and we can also discuss the possibility of working over Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
My main qualifications include:
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (with honours) -The Belmont Centre of Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma with the NCFE a national awarding body
- BSc and Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling with Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy (validated by Middlesex University)
- Postgraduate Certificate in CBT / CAT / Mindfulness Therapy (with distinction) -The Society for Psychology & Healing
- EMDR - Level 1 & 2 with Richman EMDR Training UK
- TFT - Thought Field Therapy - Level 1 & 2 with TFT Consultants (UK), and Basic Diagnostic Training Steps A, B & C with TFT Training Centre, and accredited TFT Algorithm Trainer with Callahan Techniques
- NLP - Licensed Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming with Paul Mckenna TrainingLtd and The Society of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Supervision - Essential Supervision Skills (BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision) with Skills Development Service Ltd. Certificate in Hypnotherapy Supervision accredited by the NCH and the NCFE, and a Certificate in Counselling supervision with Dr Jane Fenn
I have attended additional specialised training in Hypnofertility and Hypnobirthing.
I am a member of the following associations, and practice in accordance with their Code of Ethics and Standards;
National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) Accredited
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Council for Hypnotherapy
The National Council for Hypnotherapy holds one of the largest registers of independent Hypnotherapists in the United Kingdom and strives to maintain the highest standards among its members.
There is an agreed Code of Conduct, an established Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure and all members are obliged to maintain comprehensive Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance, maintain regular CPD (continuing professional development) hours, and attend Supervision when needed.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
fertility, pregnancy, hypnotherapy for birthing, grief, trauma, IBS, pain management.
Prices to see Marcia (see below for lower rates with Associates)
- £95 Per session (1 hour)
Prices with an Hypnotherapy Associate
- £75 - £90 per session with Senior Hypnotherapy Associate (5-10 years experience)
- £70 - £80 per hour for Hypnotherapists (less than 5 years experience)
- FREE sessions with Hypnotherapy students sometimes available
£80 per hour one to one
£30 group supervision
Daytime and evening sessions are available.
Our Kent clinic is in Abbey Place, Faversham, just a couple of minutes drive from junction 6 of the M2 motorway. Only 10 miles from Canterbury, and 7 miles from Sittingbourne. Abbey Place is within a short walking distance to local buses, trains and the town centre. There is ample nearby parking available.