Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Working together we can achieve your goal and make positive changes quickly with Hypnotherapy.
Using hypnotherapy - in-person in Dumfries and Galloway or online - many people see and feel significant results fast. It is a highly effective way to give up bad habits, start good habits and make better choices.
I aim to create a positive, pleasant and powerful experience for all clients.
It is not a one size fits all. This is specific to you and a specifically designed hypnotherapy plan is created for each new client.
Hypnotherapy can help you can unlock your true potential and live the life you've always wanted.
If there is something you would like to change, a goal you would like to achieve, let’s see what we can do working together.
All sessions are online (via Zoom) or in-person in Dumfries and Galloway.
HPD (NCH), MNCH (reg), CNHC (reg)
I have worked with many clients on a huge variety of challenges and opportunities including:
- anxiety and stress
- depression & low mood
- confidence & self-esteem
- panic attacks
- better sleep
- fears & phobias
- weight loss
- stop smoking
- imposter syndrome
- pain management
- chronic pain
- sex issues
- motivation & performance
Recent Client Feedback
- "Three sessions later, I am happy and able to think things through clearly. I am sleeping much better, even losing weight, now that the negative thoughts which smothered me are going."
- "I found Malcolm to be a very calming and trusting presence, which aided my sessions. Also there is access to a library of hypnotherapy recordings, which you can access any time. I find these particularly helpful to aid sleep and always have a more refreshing sleep afterwards. I would highly recommend Malcolm."
- "I cannot express the difference these sessions have made to me. Thank you Malcolm...from the bottom of my heart!"
- "Malcolm is always about the positive and moving forward from whatever reason you need the therapy for. I'm so much more refreshed and energetic about life and so grateful I came across this guy."
- "I highly recommend him to anyone. Big or small whatever u are going thru, just give him a call."
- "Malcolm really helped me overcome some sleep issues I was experiencing. From the very first session I could feel a huge improvement and generally felt so much less anxious and a lot calmer.
- "Malcolm is very professional, and really took the time to listen and understand how we could help. I would definitely recommend Malcolm for anyone considering hypnotherapy."
- "The shift has felt massive and so, so positive. I can't say thank you enough for all your help. It has really changed my life!"
Training, qualifications & experience
- HPD (Level 4) - Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma
- MNCH - Member of the National Council of Hypnotherapy
- CNHC - Complementary & Natural Health Care Council
- Ali Campbell Rapid Induction Academy
- Fully Insured
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
The National Council for Hypnotherapy holds one of the largest registers of independent Hypnotherapists in the United Kingdom and strives to maintain the highest standards among its members.
There is an agreed Code of Conduct, an established Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure and all members are obliged to maintain comprehensive Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance, maintain regular CPD (continuing professional development) hours, and attend Supervision when needed.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
General coaching to achieve your goal, personal, professional, sport etc.
£75.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
- £75 per session
- Three sessions for £200
- Five sessions for £300
Other packages are available including a two-hour stop smoking session for £150.
When I work
I can be flexible and work at a time that suits you, online or in-person in Dumfries and Galloway (near Dumfries, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbright)
Online Hypnotherapy means you can access all the benefits of hypnotherapy from the comfort of your own sofa.
In-person sessions are currently available in Crocketford, near Dumfries, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbright, Carlisle etc - easily accessible from the A75.
Alongside an extensive and award-winning career in PR, corporate communications and employee engagement, I decided to work in hypnotherapy. This was because of the positive impact it had on my life. My experience means I understand the power of words and the impact of the stories we tell ourselves.