Stuart Hannis DHP MNRHP Ad.DipCP MNCS(Acc) MPNLP
Clients usually come to see me for two very good reasons:-
- They have a persistant problem or behaviour that they have been simply unable to overcome or completely resolve because it is deeply rooted in the unconscious mind.
- They want to FEEL BETTER.
You might have experienced feeling totally stuck, unable to move on with your life because of a recurring problem that you know you should be able to 'get over', but just can't without some support. Sometimes you dont know why you feel like you do, but you do know "something needs to change".
Hypnotherapy is about change
Your unconscious mind controls and tenaciously sustains all those things that you do automatically - good or bad. When you go into a genuine hypnotic state you are simply more able to communicate with that part of your mind that can help you change things for the better.
As you can imagine, there are simply hundreds of issues that hypnosis can be applied to. Most things that a client seeks hypnotherapy for can be covered by the following points:-
- Overcoming anxiety. Learn to be a calm and confident person in real life - not just the therapy room.
- Safely release and resolve the problematic root-cause of a long standing personal issues (e.g. trauma, negative thinking, addiction etc.), so you don't have to repeat that pattern anymore.
- Change the way you feel - FEEL BETTER
- Change the way you think - THINK POSITIVELY
- Change the way you behave - BECOME THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE(Do something more ,do something less, start doing something new, stop doing something)
Hypnotherapy can help, but what is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a perfectly natural state, much like when you are completely absorbed watching a totally enjoyable and engrossing movie. All you have to do is simply follow my instructions and you can easily slip into the state that is most helpful for you to resolve your issue. After you have experienced deep trance, clients most often feel pleasantly relaxed and refreshed.
Your unconscious mind can be a great friend and ally if you know how to work and communicate that deeper part of the mind, but it can be your greatest enemy and source of self-undoing. Hypnotherapy gives you the opportunity to feed your unconscious mind with the messages that are for your benefit and change unhelpful messages, behaviours, beliefs or patterns into much more useful ones. Why not take back control?
What I offer
- A FREE initial telephone consultation, to determine how therapy is suitable for your problem or situation.
- Course of therapy:- A first session and maybe a course of sessions (6 sessions are a typical course of therapy, more or less depending on individual needs) will be booked at a mutually convenient time at my current practice room.
- One-off sessions:- Many clients enjoy one-off sessions to relieve stress/anxiety and to offload and install feelings off wellbeing and confidence etc. This is also a great way to 'top-up' on previous therapy work .
A session typically starts with talking through your problem, (at later sessions discussing improvements made and any further challenges to be tackled) and working with you to plan and then experience the hypnotherapy interventions most appropriate for you and agreed by you.
Each session is approx. 50 mins
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been in private therapy practice since qualifying as a hypnotherapist and psychotherapist in 2004, achieving the Centre Training, UKCP accredited diploma and have since qualified as a counsellor, accredited by The National Counselling Society and the Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR) scheme.
I also have over 10 years experience working with vulnerable and homeless individuals, supporting them with mental health, substance use, alcohol and other issues which may challenge a person in maintaining a roof over their head. My counselling placement when training with Chrysalis was with a drugs and homeless project, supporting individuals to maintain their abstinence. This practical experience and training, coupled with my original training as a complementary therapist has given me good grounding and well-rounded experience in supporting people from many types of background to overcome their individual challenges.
I am happy to work with clients from all walks of life and social backgrounds, I especially welcome those individuals who have felt, in the past, that therapy 'may not be for them', because they have felt marginalised and/or judged due to their alternative lifestyle, sexual orientation, social status, or just feel excluded somehow. Please feel free to contact me to discuss in confidence any concerns or questions you may have about this.
- DHP - Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy - Centre Training, 2004
- Ad Dip CP - Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy - Chrysalis 2010
- MPNLP - Master Practitioner of Neuro-linguistic Programming - UK Academy 2012
- National Register of Hypnotherapists & Psychotherapists (MNRHP) Full member.
- The National Counselling Society - Accredited Member. MNCS (Acc.)
- The National Counselling Society's voluntary register is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under its Accredited Voluntary Registers (AVR) scheme.
Currently working towards full UKCP registration.
National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists
The National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists (NRHP) was formed to promote the skilled use of hypno-psychotherapy. There are a number of different membership categories e.g. Associate 1, Associate 2, Associate 3 and Full Member, with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Regulated Members of NRHP are obliged to meet all the rules and regulations of NRHP including the Code of Ethics and Professional Practice and the Guidelines for Supervision and Continuing Professional Development.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
£65 per therapeutic hour