DipHyp (ETUK), DipHE Person Centred Counselling, DPLT
Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Hypnotherapy Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello my name's Nicole and I'd like to welcome you to the new you...
The first steps in change are always the most challenging but finding the right therapist to work with that you can trust and feel comfortable with can make all the difference in helping you move forward to make that permanent change in your life.
I first experienced hypnosis when I was studying for a psychology degree and to start perhaps like yourself, I was sceptical... but the more I learned and witnessed about the change possible, the more I realised how highly effective hypnotherapy was in the treatment of minor/habitual to deep rooted psychological/emotional conditions such as anxiety, depression, relationship trauma, phobias, weight loss, pain management, children's disorders, IBS and menopause to name a few...
Taking back control of your life isn't just about breaking free from unwanted behaviours and habits, it's about becoming the best you can be and finding the confidence and belief in yourself.
I've been in practice since 2007 and successfully run Therapy in the City online and from my private treatment room in Broughty Ferry, Dundee. Providing you with a discreet and private hypnotherapy practice offering a friendly, open and relaxed clinic. As an integrative therapist I am qualified in Advance Clinical Hypnotherapy and Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy, meaning I can offer you hypnotherapy only sessions or a combination of Person Centred Counselling and Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy.
What I Can Help With
I see clients for a wide range of issues, some of which include:
- Recovering from Narcissistic Abuse
- Relationship Difficulties
- Menopause Support and Management
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Health and Wellness - Including Intimacy Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
- Work Stress and Return to Work
- Weight Loss (including Gastric Band Hypnotherapy)
- Food Addiction and Eating Disorders
- Pain Management and Medical Conditions (such as IBS, ME, Medical Phobias)
- Life Transitions (divorce, menopause, work)
- Sleep Problems
- Children's Disorders (including depression, bullying, nightmares, bedwetting)
- Sports and Career Performance
The core value in my practice is to help you change your life before your life changes you...
For more information visit www.therapyinthecity.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- HE Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma of Merit in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Hypno-Analysis
- HypnoMenopause Practitioner Certification
- SomaSense Practitioner Certification
- Brainworking Recursive Therapy (BWRT) - Level 1
- Certificate in Children's Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in treating Children's Selective Eating
- Certificate in Smoking Cessation Level 2 (Royal College of Nursing Accredited)
- Diploma in Past Life Regression and Hypnotherapy from Past Life Regression Association
- Member of The Clinical and Therapeutic Hypnosis Association
In addition to clinical hypnotherapy I am also a Royal College of Nursing (RCN) accredited Smoking Cessation Advisor.
I trained and worked with an independent health organisation and in partnership with an NHS Primary Care Trust delivered onsite stop smoking clinics within corporate and charity organisations. I now combine my knowledge from this training and role with my hypnotherapy to successfully help clients become permanent non smokers via my specialist stop smoking programme. (4 Sessions including CD and support leaflet - £200)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Within my hypnotherapy practice I also run The Little Hypno Room - Paediatric Hypnotherapy to help children overcome and control behavioural issues, bad habits, physical symptoms and other conditions such as:
- Selective Eating
- Anxieties and Phobias/Fears
- Bed Wetting
- Nightmares/Sleeping Difficulties
- Thumb Sucking
- Coping with Bullying
- Anger Management
- Stuttering/Scratching/Habit Cough
£60.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
- Initial Consultation Free
- Therapy Sessions £60
- Children's Therapy Sessions £45
For full details on all programmes and block booking discounts, please visit my website www.therapyinthecity.co.uk
When I work
Appointment times can be scheduled to accommodate your time zone if outside the UK.