Jeana Mortensen, BA (Hons); BSc; DHP (adv); DH (adv); APHP(acc), NRPC(acc), CNHC
Lee Chapel South
Hi, my name is Jeana, I am an experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist and I run a busy and successful Hypnotherapy practice. I have more than 37 years professional experience in counselling services and have worked in a variety of counselling settings within the caring professions. I offer a completely confidential, caring and friendly professional service. I can offer help and support with a wide range of personal issues including:
- fears and phobias
- weight loss
- motivation for exercise
- dyslexia syndrome and related visual stress issues
- Past Life Regression
- positive childbirth
menopause/ hot flushes
I became interested in training to become a professional hypnotherapist after personally receiving treatment which to my absolute delight worked. I was so impressed with the results that I made the decision to expand my career by undertaking formal training in Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy and Hypnoanalysis at The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy (EICH), which offers one of the very best training programs for Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy practitioners. My professional training also includes Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Swish techniques.
Motivational hypnotherapy can help you:
- Boost your self-confidence
- Boost your self-belief
- Turn negatives into positives
- Discover your own inner depths of motivation
- Create your own opportunities for success
Hypnotherapy is the use of any therapeutic or counselling technique to assist you with resolving a problem or difficulty whilst you are in a hypnotic state of relaxation. It is very safe and usually offers much quicker results than other talking therapies. Each therapeutic program is uniquely designed for each individual client and may include 'suggestion' therapy, 'parts' therapy or regression techniques such as 'time line' therapy. For many people just one or two hypnotherapy sessions may be all that is required to bring about permanent beneficial changes. Someone with more deep seated difficulties may require a longer period of treatment. Hypnosis is a very relaxing, natural method of dealing with many of the difficulties we all face throughout our lives and I offer a free initial consultation to give us the opportunity to discuss the Hypnotherapy process and therapeutic techniques in order to ensure this is the right option for you. All consultations are treated in the strictest confidence.
Training, qualifications & experience
A member of the Association for Professional Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (APHP), a member of the National Register of Psychotherapists & Counsellors (NRPC) and a registered member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Psychotherapy Diploma
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis with Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in Hypnoanalysis (Advanced)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (Advanced)
- Certificate of Studies in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- BSc (Open) in Social Sciences
- BA (Hons) in Social Work Studies: with PQ 1-6
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work
- Registered SymbioDynamics Practitioner
- Specialist in Psychosexual Dysfunction
- Certificate of Education. C&G Stage 1
- FAS Certificate. (Astrology Mythology & Archetypal Symbolism)
As a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist I maintain very high, professional ethical standards at all times, as specified in the strict codes of conduct laid down by my memberships of 'The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.' The 'National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors.' and The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Dyslexia Syndrome and related Visual Stress/ Meares-Irlen Syndrome
£70 per 1 hour session
£140 for approximately a 2 hour session for smoking cessation.
I offer a free initial consultation to give us the opportunity to discuss the Hypnotherapy process and therapeutic techniques in order to ensure this is the right option for you. All consultations are treated in the strictest confidence. If you would like to book a free initial consultation contact me now.
Free parking available.
Just a 15 minute walk to Basildon train station.
Weekdays and Saturdays also available, please let me know what is best for you.