Dora Jonathan-Withers PHd, LLM, Dip CBT, Dip C.Hyp, NLP, GHR, CNHC, ANLP
Qualified Clinical Cognitive Hypnotherapist and experienced psychologist with over 25 years' experience in health and social care. I am Mental Health Lawyer with experience of working with clients with severe and enduring mental illness. I run a practice in partnership with my husband who is an Ayrshire lad.
I have been involved in setting up services in community mental health and supporting such services once they are up and running including Crisis Houses in partnership with Voluntary organisations.
At WOSPS we believe in holistic therapy. By this we mean that our approach is characterised by the treatment of the whole person taking into account mental and social factors rather than just the symptoms of the distress. We tailor our care to meet assessed needs in partnership with our clients.
Our approach is pragmatic in that it uses our understanding of firstly, psychological distress based on my training in psychology, CBT, NLP and clinical Hypnotherapy. Secondly, uniquely, my husband has had the opportunity to be the 'client' when he sought therapy for depression and anxiety - an experience that he brings to the practice when he welcomes clients with warmth and understanding. This combination of both our skills brings a deep understanding of clients various needs which in turn enables us to appreciate the barriers including stigma encountered by our clients in accessing care and in particular, psychological interventions.
Clinical Hypnotherapy is one of the key tools in our armory which has eased some of the distressing symptoms experienced by clients. We have successfully utilised it in treatment of addictive disorders.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG Diploma - with distinction in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- PG Diploma - with distinction in Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
- Mental health lawyer - and specialist member of the Mental Health Tribunal England.
- Experienced trainer - until recently was a national trainer on the Mental Health Tribunal. Also lead on designing training on the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Book co-written and published - on 'mental health in a multicultural society', articles in the Tribunal Journal.
- Member of the national team which designed and developed training materials for the department of Health on the Mental Health Act 2007 (Amending).
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
Our fees per session if £75.00 of one hour duration.
We offer a free consultation.
Glasgow Prestwick Airport, Location Door Entry 4552, Rooms 18, 19, 20.
Type of session
we are available for appointments Monday to Friday. We are flexible to take into account reasonable requests for appointments outside these times if appropriate.