Brian Turner (BA Hons, MHS Acc, Prof. Dip PsyC, Dip Hyp CS, Cert. Supervision.)
- Is work related stress affecting your life?
- Worried about your health?
- Is anxiety a barrier that is stopping you achieving what you want out of life?
- Do you feel misunderstood and that no one understands your feelings?
Let me help you to know your mind better.
My name is Brian Turner, and I am a fully qualified psychotherapist. I am a therapist who believes in combining therapies and techniques to promote an active well-being in all of my clients, allowing them to begin again.I am focused on providing the best therapeutic care for anxiety based conditions and do so at an affordable price.
The services I offer are designed to take away your stresses and anxieties of everyday life and I provide all of my clients the opportunity to challenge their unwanted behaviours by looking deeply at the past and present to focus on the future that you deserve.
I have had great success with resolving unwanted habits, and thought patterns. I do so by not only by dealing with presenting issues but also explore the "why", or reason you have your unwanted behaviour, thus providing a more successful course of treatment.
If you are a person who has something that they would like to change; allowing a refreshing and invigorating start to life, feeling free from unwanted thinking and habits, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Dip. Hyp CS)
- Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory (Dip CST.)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. Dip. PsyC)
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Prof. Dip. PsyC.)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy supervision (GHR)
- University of Pennsylvania - Neuroethics
- Mindfulness for Anxiety and Depression - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
- NICE Anxiety Mental health training
- BPD Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness - Independent Domestic Abuse Services
- QPR Training (suicide prevention training.)
Roles and responsibilities
- Stamp out suicide - placement coordinator.
- Independent assessor - Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training
Courses that I have run:
- Anger management Awareness
- Depression Awareness
- Suicide prevention Awareness
- Advanced Anxiety Management
The General Hypnotherapy Register
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
National Hypnotherapy Society
The National Hypnotherapy Society is a Learned Society whose primary purpose is the advancement of the knowledge of hypnotherapy and the fostering of professional hypnotherapy expertise through training, accreditation and continued professional development of their members. The Society seeks to contribute to public wellbeing both through the use of hypnotherapy and by ensuring that hypnotherapists are safe, competent and ethical in practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Dream interpretation / analysis (Jungian approach)
- Phone inquiry - FREE
- Phone / Face-to-Face consultation - £30
- A hypnotherapy session-£60
- Stop Smoking ( 2 hour session)-£150
- Pain Management (2 hr session)-£100
- Anxiety Treatment (per session)-£60
- Personalised Hypnotherapy recording -£25
- Supervision costs qualified members: £60 per session per session.
- Student supervision: £40 per hour / £60 per 1.5 hrs.
- Reports £30 per report.
Please note that in the event that a client needs to have supporting documentation written at their request, then they may be subjected to a £30 administration fee.
I offer 121 supervision via phone and face to face under a GHR or a National Hypnotherapy Society framework.
If you would like more information about this please visit my website: