Brian Turner - BA (Hons.) GHRQ, Dip Hyp CS, Adv. Dip. PsyC, Dip. CST, MASC CBT..
Wakefield Complementary Therapy Centre
35 Peterson Road
0774 330 0894
- Is work related stress affecting your life?
- Worried about your health?
- Is anxiety a barrier that is stopping you achieving what you want out of life?
- Do you feel misunderstood and that no one understands your feelings?
Let me help you to know your mind better.
My name is Brian Turner, and I am a fully qualified psychotherapist. I am a therapist who believes in combining therapies and techniques to promote an active well-being in all of my clients, allowing them to begin again.I am focused on providing the best therapeutic care for anxiety based conditions and do so at an affordable price.
The services I offer are designed to take away your stresses and anxieties of everyday life and I provide all of my clients the opportunity to challenge their unwanted behaviours by looking deeply at the past and present to focus on the future that you deserve.
I have had great success with resolving unwanted habits, and thought patterns. I do so by not only by dealing with presenting issues but also explore the "why", or reason you have your unwanted behaviour, thus providing a more successful course of treatment.
If you are a person who has something that they would like to change; allowing a refreshing and invigorating start to life, feeling free from unwanted thinking and habits, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Dip. Hyp CS)
- Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory (Dip CST.)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. Dip. PsyC)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy supervision (GHR)
- University of Pennsylvania - Neuroethics
- Mindfulness for Anxiety and Depression - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
- NICE Anxiety Mental health training
- BPD Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Basic Awareness - Independent Domestic Abuse Services
- QPR Training (suicide prevention training.)
Roles and responsibilities
- Stamp out suicide - placement coordinator.
Courses that I have run:
- Anger management Awareness
- Depression Awareness
- Suicide prevention Awareness
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Dream interpretation / analysis (Jungian approach)
Photos & videos
- Free consultation-FREE
- A hypnotherapy session-£50
- Stop Smoking ( 2 hour session)-£150
- Pain Management (2 hr session)-£80
- Anxiety Treatment (per session)-£50
- Personalized Hypnotherapy CD-£25
- Relaxation CD -£25
- Supervision fees £50 / £25 (first year graduates).
- Do I have a plan?
- A psychotherapeutic approach to the new GCSE and A-level exams.
- The supervisory journey
- How hypnotherapy is used in psychotherapy
- "Putting the breaks on" - Fear of driving
- Breaking bad habits and becoming the better you
- Using hypnotherapy to quit smoking
- How hypnotherapy can release your anxiety
I offer 121 supervision via phone and face to face under a GHR or a National Hypnotherapy Society framework.
If you would like more information about this please visit my website:
Assistance with costs
Phoenix Therapy is proud to have an affiliation with WDHCS.
WDHCS has a limited number of bursaries available for people in the West Yorkshire area who wish to access health services but cannot due to financial reasons. The bursary has a value of up to £500 (12 x 1 hour session of therapy) per person to be spent on health treatments. By working together with my clients can help you apply for a bursary; this is no guarantee of acceptance but a cases will be processed on an individual basis.
If you have any further questions about this bursary or anything please feel free to contact me.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory