Hello, I am a practicing clinical hypnotherapist based in south west London, with a clinic in Richmond and East Sheen. I'm passionate about helping people transform their lives, seeing them arriving in pieces and leaving in peace. Having had hypnotherapy myself for a smoking habit years ago I was impressed by the transformative power of the mind and it's potential to change unhelpful thought patterns and behaviour. This lead me to a career change which you can read more about on my website.
I practice solution focused hypnotherapy which is about finding solutions to problems without excessive dwelling on the past. It combines the latest neuroscience with cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), solution focused brief therapy and the powerful state of hypnosis to help clients make positive and significant changes within a relatively short period of time. As a clinical hypnotherapist I have a duty of care to get get you through therapy in as few sessions as possible.
The majority of my clients are suffering from stress and anxiety, feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope with their daily lives which can lead to relationship breakdowns and addictive coping strategies. Other areas I welcome are fear of public speaking, exam stress, insomnia, weight management and lack of motivation. As no two individuals are the same, we will work collaboratively on enabling you to identify what is causing your concern, establish a desired outcome, set individual goals to work towards that outcome. By enabling you to access your own inner resources and capabilities you will be better equipped to manage your emotional and mental state and respond to challenges feeling empowered, calm and in control.
‘My sessions with Birgitta have been a life changing. I used to get really cross with most people, especially my kids, and I was always anxious, feeling I had not done enough. Through hypnosis with Birgitta I have learned that only I am in charge of my future and that my thoughts shape my reality. I love, love, love the deep relaxation and will come back for a top up when life gets the better of me. Thank you.’
‘I have been seeing Birgitta weekly now for about 6 weeks and as early as after our first session I noticed subtle changes in my own behaviour and thinking. I am working with self-confidence issues, negative thought spirals and I’m also trying to change my relationship with alcohol as I use it to dampen feelings. Birgitta is very insightful and truly has a gift. Her approach is methodical and direct. I could not recommend her more highly.’
– Joan, East Sheen
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained with the Clifton Practice and the teachings of the renowned David Newton, known as the gold standard of hypnotherapy training and widely recognised as a centre for excellence.
- I have an HPD (higher practitioner diploma) in solution focused hypnotherapy
- The Clifton practice approach is solution focused rather than problem focused and incorporates NLP (neuro-linguistic programming), CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), SFBT (solution focused brief therapy) and Hypnosis.
- I am a member and adhere to the strict guidelines of the following professional accrediting bodies; NCH, AfSFH, CNCH and NCP and I have a fully enhanced DBS licence enabling me to work with both adults and children.
- As part of my training I am committed to continuous professional development and supervision.
- Certified smoking cessation practitioner
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Hypnotherapy sessions (approx. 1 hour)
£75 for a single session
£215 for 3 sessions (saving of £10)
£360 for 5 sessions (saving of £15)
£675 for 10 sessions (1 free session)
Stop smoking session (approx. 2 hours)
£190 for a single session
I see clients Mon-Fri 9.00-18.00 Saturday and evening appointments available on request