Amy Brown, GHR, DCH, DQHP, DipHb
01756 699136 / 07846 376306
I use Clinical Hypnotherapy to help you to move on from your issues and to reach your goals. I have been supporting and helping clients to transform their lives since 2009.
I also use other techniques including CBT, NLP, Mindfulness and psychotherapy & counselling. All hypnotherapy is tailored to you and is focused on working towards resolving the issues you bring.
I specialise in helping clients with anxiety, stress and depression related issues and many other goals including the following:
- Taking control
- Managing weight
- Relaxing, being calm, relieving anxiety
- Breaking free from phobias and habits
- Building confidence and self belief
- Enjoying pregnancy and birth
- Moving on from the past
- Improving performance
- Enhancing strengths
- Acheiving goals
- Loving life
Sessions are held in a calm, relaxing space in Skipton. Scroll down to see the room. On occasion it is necessary for me to see a client in their home. Your comfort and ease are always of upmost importance to me. The initial session is 90 minutes and I also offer a free 30 minute information session.
The therapy often involves practical techniques or interesting tasks between sessions. Feel free to contact me to ask any questions about your goals, me or hypnotherapy in general.
There is free on street parking outside and on surrounding streets. There is also a car park just 2-3 minutes walk away. Skipton train station is a short 10 minute walk away.
I am Yorkshire born and London trained.
To see what others think of me click below:
01756 699136 or 07846376306 www.thepowerofyourmind.co.uk
Skipton, North Yorkshire is conveniently located for many parts of West Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Daless and Lancashire. (Such as Ilkley, Harrogate, Bingley, Keighley, Bradford, Shipley, Saltaire, Leeds, Barnoldswick, Earby and Colne.)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Member of Complimentary and Natural Healthare Council (CNHC)
- Foundation level in Clinical Hypnosis
- Diploma level in Clinical Hypnosis
- Marie Mongan HypnoBirthing Diploma
- KG Hypnobirthing Diploma
Other Training and Personal Development work
- Gastro-band Hypnotherapy and weight management certificate
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Pain Management training
- Working with Children Hypnotherapy training
- Rewind technique
- Selective Eating Hypnotherapy training
- NLP birth work
- Non-violent communication workshop
- Mindful Yoga and meditation
- Mindfulness work
Currently undertaking or upcoming training
- Further Counselling skills training
- Mental Health First Aid training
- Further hypnotherapy parts work
- Currently reading 'It's OK that You're Not OK', 'The Brain that Changes Itself', 'Secrets from the Eating lab' and 'Set Free'.
- Fully Insured
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
- ICO registered
- Receives regular supervision
- Facilitator of Skipton Hypnotherapy Peer Support Group
- Co-runs Positive Yorkshire Birth Workshops
- Volunteer hypnotherapist for Sue Ryder's Manorlands hospice drop-in service at Airedale hospital for both patients at carers
- Neal's Yard Remedies Organic (NYRO) Independent Consultant
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
Most sessions cost £65 for 60 minutes. The initial session is about 90 minutes and costs £85, subsequent sessions are 60 minutes.
For Smoking cessation: £240.
For Gastric Band Hypnosis ( once you have had 1 or 2 initial sessions and I believe you would benefit from the treatment): £120.
Private Hypnobirthing Courses: £380.00 (for 4 x 2.4 hour classes)
Please follow this link for testimonials:
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 9.00pm. I am flexible with my working hours.