How hypnotherapy can ease anxiety and give you back control
19th April, 20160 Comments
In this article we look at how anxiety affects our well-being and performance and why hypnotherapy can be the perfect therapy to help you get back in control to live a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life.
When you feel anxious, you may experience some of the following patterns:
- A lack of good quality sleep.
- Increased appetite or loss of appetite.
- Desire to eat sugary, refined foods.
- Regularly drink more alcohol.
- Your relationships begin to suffer.
Emotionally you may feel overwhelmed, tearful, agitated and angry with an increased lack of confidence. Anxious people report feeling preoccupied and apprehensive with a tendency to worry about the future and other matters.
A desire to exercise tends to decrease and people feel low in energy and sluggish. Or alternatively, they may feel high wired unable to switch off.
We all feel anxious and stressed at times however when it goes on for too long a period, it can seriously shorten your life (in some cases, by up to 10 years). Stress and anxiety is known to contribute to poor health with diseases and conditions such as type two diabetes, obesity, heart attack, stroke, and high blood pressure.
Feeling overwhelmed and out of control affects your performance at work and your decision making in every area of our life.
Have you noticed that when you are feeling stressed, anxious and out of control it affects your thought patterns? You may have a tendency towards thinking more negatively, that there is no way out, with apparently few choices.
Working with an experienced therapist, hypnotherapy is a successful approach to quickly ease these feelings of despondency and anxiety. Usually it is a three phase approach.
- By addressing the cause - What is preventable, what is your expectation of yourself, how do others see you.
- Reducing the pressure - By finding tangible solutions to change the way you are feeling and getting back in control.
- Through hypnosis gently guiding your subconscious mind, the seat of your emotions and behaviours, to gently know that you can feel more relaxed. Tasks, obligations and expectations are more in your control. Giving you the confidence to be able to choose realistically to live your life more comfortably. The therapist guides you to reframe your old responses to situations so that you recognise the unwanted patterns.
Hypnotherapy for anxiety and stress is generally a quick and effective approach. By directly speaking to your subconscious mind, you have the permission and tools to let go of your preoccupation and find tangible solutions to help you get back in control easily and comfortably.
About the author
Hello my name is Nicola Menage, as a Motivational Hypnotherapist I specialise in working to help get you back safely to feeling in control of your life Fully qualified hypnotherapist, practicing for 13 years, based in Oxfordshire. Author of Mind Your Language Seven Steps to Success. Frequently invited to speak as an inspirational public speaker.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Elaine Marsh C DIP,EH, CP,NLP,ABH, CHYP, MPMH CPDFebruary 1st, 2017