The British Heart Foundation conducted a survey to find out what effect a person’s occupation has on their lifestyle.
The survey highlights a number of poor lifestyle habits that a stressful job causes:
- 40% felt their occupation had a negative effect on their overall health in the last five years.
- More than half feel stressed because of their job.
- Over a third have put weight on because of their job.
- Working increasingly longer hours contributes to less time in the gym, with 43% saying they exercise less.
- 60% work unpaid overtime, with two in 10 working more that five hours of overtime a week.
- A quarter of people said their occupation lead them to drink more alcohol.
- One in 10 smoke more because of their job.
- 29% feel that the stress of work could lead to high blood pressure and 21% fear a heart condition or heart attack.
This study was carried out for the British Heart…