Wilma Stewart - Shetland Advanced Hypnotherapy
Ankortherapies Shetland Counselling and Hypnotherapy
01595 840698 / 077 684 909 72
How do I work?
I work in a supportive, respectful, non-judgemental, targeted way with and for the person. The service is professional, confidential, private, relaxed and comfortable. Sometimes rapid, motivational techniques can be applied and other times a more sensitive approach works best.
How can I help you?
I am a counsellor, psychotherapist, registered art psychotherapist, hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner, registered relationship counsellor, working in Shetland and also offer Skype and telephone counselling.
Areas of work include:
- anger management
- relationship issues
- and much more.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy induces a deep state of relaxation during which our subconscious minds become highly receptive to positive or new ideas. This is similar to the altered state which we experience when we daydream, or go about normal daily tasks on auto-pilot. If you want to change unwanted behaviours or habits, hypnotherapy can be a powerful means of doing so.
Hypnotherapy with a suitably qualified and experienced practitioner should always be safe, ethical and deeply relaxing, demonstrating respect for the individuals dignity.
How can Hypnotherapy help you?
- reduce anxiety, erase panic attacks, alleviate stress.
- overcome addictions and dependencies – drugs, alcohol.
- stop smoking
- lose weight
- ease IBS
- ease back pain
- sleep better
- manage anger
- build confidence and increase motivation
- improve performance e.g. shooting, darts, golf
- ease depression
- lessen exam/interview worries
- lose unwanted habits e.g. nail biting, hair pulling, skin pulling, tooth grinding and clenching
- remove fears and phobias e.g. dentist, needles
- relieve the effects of more serious issues eg PTSD
- work through emotional problems
- overcome agoraphobia and claustrophobia
I welcome you to call me on: 07768490972 or click here to send me an email, to discuss how I can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 30 years experience in therapeutic settings including a city counselling service with an emphasis on occupational health for the oil industry/national air traffic control/universities/local and international businesses and much more. As a REGULATED and Registered Health PROFESSIONAL a high number of clients have been referred directly from GPs. Other related work has included management, home office funded criminal justice hostels, the voluntary and statutory sectors, psychiatric hospital, city hostel for homeless, prisons, and a significant body of related work both paid and voluntary.
Referrals have included issues at the sharp end of mental ill health through to general feelings of unhappiness, depression, stress, anger, trauma and much more.
- Supervisor of counsellors and therapists
- BA Hons - First Class
- Bereavement Counselling Cert.
- Post Graduate Qualified in Counselling
- Post Graduate Qualified in Art Psychotherapy
- Diploma Stress Management (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry/King's College U)
- Diploma Hypnotherapy (500 hours training)
- Diploma Psychotherapy
- NLP Licensed and Certified
- Post Qualified and Accredited Couple Counsellor
- Post Graduate Diploma Sexual and Relationship/Psychosexual Counselling
- Brief Solutions Focussed Therapy Cert
- Registered BAAT - British Association of Art Therapy
- Registered HCPC - Health and Care Professions Council
- National Register of Advanced Hypnotherapists
- Member COSRT - College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
- Sexual Addiction Counselling (including internet)
- Member ATSAC
- Cert Coaching
Continuing please see web http://ankortherapy.co.uk
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Click on my web for other therapies eg Art Psychotherapy, Stress Management, Counselling.
Registered Couple Counsellor.
Help where there is bullying: workplace, internet and other.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Very flexible..within reason!