Liz Sharpe BSc (Hons), Dip Hyp, Adv MIBWRT, Dip Couns
I have been a therapist for over 15 years. As a qualified hypnotherapist, BWRT Advanced Practitioner, Master Coach, Counsellor and Old Pain 2 Go practitioner, I work with people for a variety of issues.
My approach to working with all clients is solution focussed - I want to help you 'live your life' in as few sessions as possible. During the free consultation, we can discuss what areas that you need support - I will talk you through the options for how I can help you get there and I am able to help you with:
- Quit Puffin and Stop Smoking - www.liveyourlifetherapies.com/quit-smoking
- Lose Weight through Slim Via Hypnosis - www.liveyourlifetherapies.com/lose-weight
- The Addiction Gremlin including alcohol cessation
- Smashing SAD (Stress, Anxiety and Depression) - www.liveyourlifetherapies.com/smashing_sad
- Pain Management
I have trained in cutting-edge therapies and my underpinning motivation is always to help you live the life you want in as few sessions as possible.
Please give me a call - happy to answer all questions :)
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Business
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling
- Level 1 - Brain working recursive therapy (BWRT)
- Level 2 - Brain working recursive therapy (BWRT)
- Master Coach Practitioner
- Psycho sensory techniques and principles (Psy-TaP) Practitioner
- Old Pain 2 Go
- Slim Via Hypnosis Practitioner
I have worked with clients as a therapist since 1998. I have worked with people with mental health issues and complex needs for 20 years. I am fully insured and registered with regulatory bodies.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Grief and bereavement
- Anxiety, OCD, PTSD
As a person-centred counsellor since 1998, I work with people on the 'here and now'. I have specific training and interest in adoption, people with alcohol issues, bereavement and depression/anxiety.
Photos & videos
- Consultation - lasts 30 mins, either phone, skype or face to face - Free with no obligation to book a session!
- Single session is £85 for up to 90 minutes (either in Westcliff or online)
- Package sessions work out at £75 per session.
I have some spaces for people on low income - however there is generally a waiting list. Please contact me for details.
If at the time of consultation, we agree that it is likely to take a block of sessions - I will discuss my options for block booking.
"Liz is incredible at what she does; one session and I have found a massive improvement! She was lovely to chat to and easy to get on with and certainly knew her stuff. I felt confident in her abilities and comfortable working with her. I cannot recommend her highly enough."
"Thank you for helping my son to deal with an OCD that he has. He certainly feels much calmer and less stressed about things and it has helped him to change his way of thinking following his session."
Liz is a intuitive and sensitive practitioner. She recently helped me overcome a fear of driving following a car accident. She was excellent and tailored the car treatment to my own specific needs. As a therapist myself, I highly recommend Liz – we are so lucky to have her experience and wisdom in the profession
"I came to see you in May regarding my fear or mountains as I was planning a road trip across France & Spain. I had just one session of BWRT with you. I didn't have any of my usual anxiety during the journeys we made & actually chose to take a trip up a mountain in Sierra Nevada! I even managed to make stops to get out of the car & take photos, this is a whole new experience for me as usually I would be in total panic. Thank you so much the BWRT really worked wonders & I wished I'd come to see you years ago!
"Liz has helped me with challenges I have experienced with relationships. Since seeing Liz I am calmer, happier and more able to deal with difficult situations. Thank you Liz it's been inspirational"
"I went to my friend's mum's house the other day. She has 4 dogs. As I was let in through the back door I was told not to let the dogs out, they all made a break for it and all I could do was spread my arms and legs while they all tried to run through me. I wasn't scared at all and my heart rate didn't even elevate!! It was so weird for me after spending my whole life with a terrible life threatening phobia. I used to run into traffic to avoid dogs and that was on a good day! Thank you, thank you, thank you Liz"
Type of session
Availability includes evenings and weekends.