James Cormack - National Council Hypnotherapy, CNHC, QCHPA
Hi I'm James.
I help people overcome anxiety, stress, and related challenges like panic attacks, depression, phobias, smoking, weight problems, low confidence, obsessive thinking and chronic health symptoms including chronic pain. I coach people to unlock their motivation, improve their self-esteem, and discover greater joy and fulfilment in life.
Thanks to Cognitive Hypnotherapy & coaching I personally overcame anxiety, stress, self-esteem & confidence issues, chronic pain and other related issues myself. I love to help my clients break free and enhance their lives too.
How I overcame anxiety & stress, low confidence & more...
Download my free eBook & Audio "Overcome Anxiety & Stress by Changing How Your Mind Works" to take your next step to overcome anxiety & stress.
Based in Crouch End (North London), I work with therapy & coaching clients in North and Central London and online with clients worldwide. Check out james-cormack.com to learn more, or click "Email me" above to arrange a no-cost, no-obligation initial conversation.
My silliest therapy story...
Wishing you the best of luck on your journey!
Training, qualifications & experience
I used to feel restless and tense, with seemingly unrelated physical symptoms like heart palpitations, dizziness, and chronic pain in my hands that threatened my career. Looking back I was also unfulfilled, lacking motivation and joy in my life, and had used achievement to distract from my low self-esteem.
After discovering the cause of my symptoms was stress and anxiety, I sought out some of the best specialists I could find - and with their help I overcame stress, anxiety and related physical and mental issues. I built true self-esteem and created more joy and fulfilment in my life.
I decided to become a stress and anxiety specialist, to use my own experiences to help other people overcome anxiety and stress themselves. As clients overcame their initial issues, this expanded to coaching those clients to enhance and improve their lives.
- Diploma and advanced Master Practitioner qualification in QCH Therapy (Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy)
- NLP Master Practitioner qualification
- As part of QCH, I am trained in techniques such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing), Timeline Therapy, and more.
- Registered with the CNHC (Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council). When considering a therapist, ensure they are a member of the CNHC so you know they are regulated and you are protected.
- I have been trained and mentored by leading therapists and coaches - Trevor Silvester, Rubin Battino, Russell Davis and more - and I'm always learning something new.
- I'm accredited by the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH), who independently oversaw my training and awarded my Hypnotherapy Practitioner's Diploma.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
As well as working in-person in North and Central London, I offer online sessions (using Zoom, a high quality alternative to Skype), allowing clients to attend sessions from the comfort of their own home.
Type of session
I offer online sessions, allowing clients to attend sessions from the comfort of their own home.
Limited evening and weekend availability - contact me to discuss.