Unlock your potential in 2017
2017 is going to bring 365 fresh new days and starlit nights and there is not a person alive who knows what is in them. Now is the day, the hour, the moment to take control: To launch your business, write the best-seller, star in the film, meet the special someone, or move to that fabulous location you have always dreamed of.
Sadly, so many people let life slip by, watching others enjoy what they once wanted. Their lives become full of longings for what could have been. Sometimes such wistfulness does not take a concrete shape, they can’t pinpoint a moment when they know, "I will never swim with dolphins", instead they experience, deep down, an endless sense of missing out.
Why is it that some people hold themselves back, whereas others step confidently into the compelling future they have assumed is theirs by right? Life’s lottery is astonishingly unequal. Babies do not choose their parents, or dictate the treatment they receive. Some children suffer from neglect which imposes cruel limitations. An encouraging family life on the other hand, builds an optimistic outlook, helping children to make the most of natural talents.
Others of us are less convinced we are worthy. We will hang back, making do with second best. We can’t quite ‘see’ ourselves climbing out of that stunning car, walking down the red carpet, making the acceptance speech, finding the love that lasts forever, or waking up to a fabulous day of challenges and rewards.
Nevertheless, it is never too late; we can grow into our potential, because as adults we have the freedom to choose.
If you are through with putting on the wrong clothes, being stuck in the wrong job, talking to the wrong man, seeing the prize go to the wrong person, you should listen to that powerful message and take action.
A surprisingly simple and easy process to unlock your potential is:
- Write down you goal for 2017. This sends a startling message to your unconscious that this time you mean business.
- Write all the benefits to you of achieving your goal. Try to make this a long list.
- You can brainstorm this in one hit, or, (my preferred method), keep the list to hand. Add to it as positives wash up into your conscious mind.
- At the end of the day, review it and note down anything which happened, or which you did that day, however tiny, which will take you a step nearer to unlocking your potential.
- Best times to work on this process, is just before you sleep at night and first thing in the morning before you do anything else.
- At night, put the list near the bed. The unconscious is very active just before sleep and on waking, when it will have ready for you what it has worked on during sleep.
If you are still struggling to ‘see’ the brighter future you deserve, why not consider hypnotherapy? An experienced hypnotherapist, whilst being realistic about you as an unique individual, can be transformative in releasing the unconscious resources which bring about change. Nothing is more powerful than the unconscious, because all your potential is locked up in it. It is like jumping on an express train to a place in which you have the starring role.
Take time to choose the right hypnotherapist for you, as you would in engaging the services of any professional.
Hypnosis is a totally safe process and you are always the one in control.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Marian Barry
Marian Barry is an advanced clinical hypnotherapist practising at the Harley St Hypnotherapy Clinic London and Gt Abington, Cambridge. She has given talks at international conferences around the world specialising in personal change and confidence building. She is a best-selling author of many popular works published by Cambridge University Press.