Introduction to LGBTQ+ issues two day workshop
Date & Time:24th - 25th February 2018, 10am - 5pm
Cost:£225 inc. lunch, tea, coffee and biscuits
- Find an event in your area
Introduction to LGBTQ+ issues - two day introduction
- Introduction to the subject
- Who are we? – understanding identity and sexuality
- Taking each of the initials and explaining what groups are included
- One size doesn’t fit all - what does it mean? Terms used, definitions
- Consolidation of terms in current general use
- The wider support groups – not just LBGTQ+ individuals but how this affects families, friends and work colleagues – TED Talk – Mandy Gibbens Klein
- The issues - delegates in groups to brainstorm.
Consolidation of the issues
- Self loathing
- Body dysphoria
- Waiting lists
- Coming out/disclosing
- Family/friends/work colleagues
- Outside pressures
- Religious perspectives
- Sexual abuse survivors and sexual identity
- Age groups and when disclosure is made – children, teenagers, 20-40, 40-60, 60+
Whether you are a therapist wanting to work in this area, or a parent, sibling, partner or friend of someone dealing with these issues, then this is the ideal place to learn more.
This is an introductory workshop and is open to everyone. The four day course will follow, however, you will need to have attended the two day before the four day course, which will only be open to qualified therapists.
Full details can be found on our website - indigotraining.org or via our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/IndigoTrainingLtd/
To book your place please email us at email@example.com.
About the host
Indigo Inspirational Training Ltd offer a fully accredited Hypnotherapy Diploma Course, along with Workshops, Courses, CPD Events and general interest courses and workshops.
This workshop will be facilitated by Tracey Baum, who is an Indigo Inspirational Training Ltd trainer.
Tracey is a very experienced therapist, coach, NLP Master and trainer.
I had hypnotherapy to quit smoking - it was the best thing I could have done! I think it helped that I had come to...
I was really scared to go see a hypnotherapist. I thought I'd be brainwashed and was worried I'd be unconscious...
I contacted Hazel for help as my husband, Brian, had reached the end of his tether. He was very depressed, he...