Understanding psychiatric systems
Date & Time:22nd October 2016, 10am - 5.30pm
Cost:£135 (£120 if paid in full by Friday 30 September)
Location:8 The Grove
- Find an event in your area
Aimed at practising hypnotherapists, coaches, counsellors and NLP practitioners, this unique workshop will give you essential information to help you in your practice including:
- A basic overview of the framework of psychiatric systems.
- An understanding of diagnostic systems and psychiatric labels.
- An understanding of risk assessment as regards working with clients with a psychiatric history.
- Information about medication - the differences between tranquillisers and anti-depressants and how medication may affect therapeutic interventions.
- An overview of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- An understanding of how to make clear and well-founded decisions on who to work with and who not to work with, and how to work safely.
The training will be fun and thought-provoking. The trainer, Phil Jeremiah, has delivered it to psychiatric teams, universities and counselling organisations.
Comments from previous delegates:
“Phil’s training was highly informative and enjoyable.”
“Phil Jeremiah was a down to earth, no nonsense professional.Experienced, engaging and very informative. The day simply flew by. A delightful day. Thank you.” L Wallace, psychotherapist
“This is a very useful course, especially for anyone who works alone in the community.”
“‘Understanding psychiatric systems’ is thought provoking, informative and very useful in helping to prepare me to be aware of risks and empowering me to take appropriate steps to ensure good practice in supporting clients. Thank you.”
About the host
Phil Jeremiah is a qualified senior psychiatric social worker approved under the Mental Health Act 1983. He worked for the NHS and local authority in Birmingham for many years. He has been providing training in the UK and Europe for over two decades for a wide range of professionals and organisations.
I have benefited greatly from my experience of CBT and hypnotherapy. It has helped me deal with long standing...
Experiencing a healthy apprehension before doing something is a feeling most people deal with from time to time,...
I was really scared to go see a hypnotherapist. I thought I'd be brainwashed and was worried I'd be unconscious...