The science of happiness – one day workshop
Date & Time:24th March 2018, 10am - 4.30pm
Cost:Discounted rate for members of the GHR, NCH and BIH: £150 (standard price £170)
Sutton in Ashfield
- Find an event in your area
Day after day, as practitioners we work with people who want to be happier in some way. Whether they want to lose weight, quit smoking, deal with anxiety, reduce depression or make some other change, ultimately they are doing this to be happier.
But there is now a way to cut to the chase. There are things that neuroscience and positive psychology tell us that can directly increase happiness. This workshop gives you a practical guide to those steps your clients can take to have the greatest positive impact on their own levels of happiness.
Armed with these skills you will be able to give them evidence-based techniques they can use at home, at work, anywhere and everywhere.
The one-day workshop will cover
- A guide to happiness and the brain
- Understanding the neurochemicals that impact our happiness and how to alter them naturally
- Positive psychology – the study of happiness – how to help clients identify and use their strengths at home and at work
- Simple steps to happiness – exercises you can do with your client based on research and science – that create change in a matter of weeks
- Creating happiness habits – things your clients can do regularly that will change how they feel for years to come
- Resources and further research – where to find anything else you may need
- You will have chances to try out some of these for yourself on the day as well as having everything you need to take away and put these things into practice with your clients straight away
About the host
Tutor: Julie Hurst
Julie is a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist and has qualifications in psychology, CBT, hypnotherapy, EMDR, pain management, mindfulness, life coaching and performance coaching.
Cost includes: Relevant handouts, car park, delicious buffet lunch and on-going support.
Phone or e-mail: 01623 556234 or email@example.com.
I contacted Hazel for help as my husband, Brian, had reached the end of his tether. He was very depressed, he...
I've been scared of flying since I was young and I really wanted to find out if hypnotherapy would work. I was...
Experiencing a healthy apprehension before doing something is a feeling most people deal with from time to time,...