Wendy Wilkinson D.Hyp Psch, EFT Advanced, Matrix Reimprinting, RM
With a background of over 30 years in the NHS, I continue to work within the NHS and run private Hypnotherapy clinics in Lewes East Sussex.
- ..............Wendy helped me deal with the trauma of previous major surgery a few weeks before giving birth to my daughter. I had always been cynical about therapy but knew I had to do something before going in to hospital again. Immediately after the session I felt relaxed and less anxious, but it wasn’t until I was in hospital when I realised how effective hypnotherapy had been. I felt in control, calm, and strong. I was free to fully enjoy and appreciate a very beautiful, special moment. (Sept 2013)
I have a thriving hypnotherapy practice, specializing in Hypnotherapy, Solution-focused psychotherapy, Hypnobirthing and Emotional freedom technique ( Tapping).
I work with a wide range of issues: Birth preparation, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, PTSD, IBS.....
Utilizing a combination of hypnotherapy, solution focused psychotherapy and EFT, I take a holistic approach to your well being that creates rapid and long-lasting change.
I have a speciality in birth preparation running regular Hypnobirthing courses as I am also a qualified practising community Midwife in East Sussex.
- Thank you - and a massive massive thank you for everything, especially the hypnobirthing support and advice. I really couldn't have gone in and done it so smoothly! Really really had a lovely birth and as you said, I would happily do it again tomorrow! If you'd like any recommendation etc to let me know xx
I am not sure how to put into words how grateful I am to Wendy for completely changing my life around.
I found out last October I was expecting again (it was our 3rd child but 4th pregnancy) we weren't trying so the shock soon turned into terror, I just literally, genuinely thought I was going to die giving birth.
My 2nd pregnancy had resulted in a missed, ruptured ectopic, I collapsed in the street and was rushed to accident and emergency but had to wait in a corridor for 2 days. It was unknown that I was internally bleeding eventually I was scanned. I required emergency surgery to remove my right fallopian tube.
I found out I was pregnant again 9 months later, it was all I could think about was to be pregnant again (too soon really I now realise as I never addressed my trauma of the 2nd). Sadly after giving birth to my beautiful daughter, I had a major haemorrhage losing 2litres of blood I was rushed in for general surgery & had to stay in the hospital for almost a week.
Slowly as time went by I started to have a fear of blood and of dying.
I developed migraines and had a couple of panic attacks.
Wendy saw me as my midwife at the beginning of my pregnancy where I broke down (she has been my midwife for all of my pregnancies) I told her all my fears and erratic thoughts and she suggested hypnotherapy.
I have not looked back since! It was quite possibly the best thing I have ever done! We went over the traumas and revisited the places that made me the most anxious and she enabled me to see things in a different light. I am the most relaxed I have been in such a long time (even with 3 children!).
I gave birth in June and I used her breathing techniques and I went to my 'happy place' quite a lot during my contractions.
It wasn't without drama at one point it was looking like an emergency caesarean as my daughter was face first but I didn't freak out I stayed completely calm and all because of Wendy. In the end, I delivered 10 mins later (after her head was moved slightly) and it was the most amazing birthing experience I have had.
Wendy, I want to thank you with all my heart, so does my husband he says I am back to how I used to be!'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip. Hyp. (Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Solution focused Psychotherapy)
- Advanced level 3 EFT practitioner with matrix reimprinting.
- Matrix Birth Reimprinting
- Registered Midwife
- The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council GHSC
- General Hypnotherapy Register GHR
- Royal College of Midwives RCM
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Thank you Wendy for your valuable hypnobirthing course.
The trauma release therapy (tracing limiting habits & patterns) was invaluable as I was able to iron out anything I was holding onto and release this before the birth. It helped enormously as I felt freer and more understanding of my body and mind.
I played your hypnobirthing audio on repeat throughout the birth. It was a support in the background and a soothing yet empowering support that kept me going. I had the birthing experience of my dreams. I never knew it was possible and I'm very grateful.
My husband was also very relaxed and in control of himself as a birthing partner. He had come to see you for hypnotherapy and he said it was a huge benefit. For both of us, our experience was a totally different and more positive one, compared to my first birthing experience.
I had a lot of health problems with my second pregnancy so I was really concerned. But your voice and coaching made me feel as though I could do it, and I did!
Photos & videos
EFT Matrix Reimprinting £75
Hypnobirthing Course £270 x4 sessions group course
Hypnobirthing Two session 1-1 private course £190
Please do call me for a free 15 min consultation.
Type of session
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays some evenings and weekends available. (Hypnobirthing courses Saturdays 10-12: 30 pm & Tuesday evenings)