Niki Lawal HPD, Dip Chyp, NLP (Prac), MNCH (Reg), MCIPD, BA (Hons)
Hello, I’m Niki Lawal…. and I’m glad you found me.
I am passionate about helping my clients to feel happier about their lives; their achievements and who they are as people: to live balanced and fulfilled lives.
I believe personal change is possible; that you are the most powerful player in your life. I'm the person to come to when you are sick and tired of being sick and tired of something. When you are ready to action amazing can happen.
I will work with you to get to the route of the issues that are causing you problems, and then we will resolve these in a way that transforms your life.
I specialise in dealing with Anxiety and Stress Management, and building Confidence/Self-Esteem. I have also designed a specific programme to tackle the 'Imposter Syndrome' - its a subtle blend of therapy and coaching, aimed at banishing those deep feelings and thoughts about not being 'good enough': a fraud, and all the unhelpful behaviours that going with that.
However, this is by no means the limit of my practice. The clients who ask to see me come with a range of other issues too including: Weight loss and Eating Disorders; Fears and Phobias; Fertility and Infertility Support etc,andsometimes its a combination of these.
This isn’t a ‘one-size fits all’ approach. I treat the individual person, not the label that has been given to your problem. The label that your problem has, isn’t the most important thing – YOU are, and how you ‘do’ your problem is key to us finding out how to resolve it. So, with us both working together to really understand the details of your issue, how you 'do' or experience it; what you want to be different in your life; we get the information we need to resolve it: together. It's a partnership.
Sometimes it feels easier to find reasons for not making a change that will make us feel better: better about ourselves, our lives... We can live with discomfort, self-limiting beliefs and behaviours: things that effect the quality of our personal and professional lives, for years... even a lifetime. Its easy to deny the problem or just get by with it... or is it easy? May be its easier to change, maybe its easier to do something about that problem. Maybe you have been afraid to do it until now...and maybe NOW is that turning point..even though you might be feeling nervous about it. Maybe you are ready to do something about it now... that's why you are reading this now...
If you really would like to make changes in your life, then please get in touch.. I would love to help you achieve this.
Some examples of the benefits you may experience by working with me include:
- Increased confidence in your ability to make the changes you want and to manage future challenges
- A feeling of pride and accomplishment as you take actions and see positive results/progress
- Feeling more comfortable in your own skin
- Feeling confident in your role at work
- Freedom from the stress and anxiety that's been weighing your down or impacting your life goals directly or indirectly
- The ability to manage your thoughts, feelings and take action to achieve your goals
- A greater sense of empowerment and control over current challenges and your life as a whole.
- Increased motivation to pursue your goals
I am a fully insured and qualified Cognitive Hypnotherapist, NLP Practitioner and Coach with a passion for working with clients to achieve their goals.
I run a friendly and relaxed therapy practices based in Canterbury, Deal and London Marylebonge) and provide a professional service in line with the Standards and Code of Ethics of the National Council of Hypnotherapy.
I also work successfully with clients in other parts of the Country and internationally, using Skype and telephone coaching.
My sessions are 75-90 minutes. I also offer half or full day Breakthrough Sessions for clients seeking intensive work, to fast-track results/changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a professionally qualified and practising Cognitive Hypnotherapist and have an HPD (Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma). The HPD is the first nationally accredited hypnotherapy qualification and is externally validated by the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) and the independent accrediting body, the NCFE.
I trained at the internationally recognised Quest Institute, Regents College, London whose training programme and qualification requirements are amongst the most rigorous in the country. I trained with Trevor Silvester, the founder of Cognitive Hypnotherapy. I am also a Certified NLP Practitioner
My full qualifications and relevant training are listed below
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy - Quest Institute
- Certified NLP Practitioner - Quest Institute
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) - Registered Member
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy
- Virtual Gastric Band - Sheila Granger
- Certified Confident Childbirth Practitioner
- Complete Confidence with Smokers
- Hypnodieting Consultant
- Fertile Body Method - Practitioner Training
- BabyQuest - Practitioner Training
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) - Registered
- Advanced Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring - CIPD and Oxford School of Coaching
- IPM stages 1& 2
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences
I have a strong corporate background and high levels of organisational awareness, including 10 years working as a leader and executive coach within the Pharmaceutical Sector on a global basis.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Weight Management Coaching
Virtual Gastric Band Therapy
Photos & videos
I provide a FREE initial telephone consultation , during which we will discuss the issue you want to resolve, and what you want to be different in your life.
My fees are commensurate with other local therapists.
If you decide to proceed, the first full session will usually be 90 minutes. This is a key session where we really get to understand the problem, how you experience it, exactly what you want to be different, and how. Thereafter sessions will be 60-90 minutes.
I find that clients often experience considerable revelations and changes from this session alone, and that this in itself begins the change process.
By fully understanding your experience, I can then develop an appropriate treatment plan specifically for you inlcuding a recording of your own bespoke hypnosis script using WordweavingTM, for you to use at home. Thereafter, each session will be between 60-90 minutes depending on the needs of the session.
I work on the basis of a complete and comprehensive package of support to help you to resolve the presenting issue, including contact between sessions. My programmes are bespoke and tailored to the needs of my individual client; working in close partnership with you to achieve your desired outcomes. I will be with you every step of the way.
I recommend that most clients have a minimum of four sessions.
I work with clients across the UK and globally (the latter using Skype and telpehone, telephone conferencing).
Type of session
Canterbury - Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30 am to 7.30 pm London - Wednesdays