Hi, my name is Jo Smyth and I specialise in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. I help people to make changes in their lives.
My patient promise to all my clients
"I promise to be there for you every step of your journey. My goal is to help you grow from your struggles, heal from your pain, and move forward to where you want to be in your life".
This symbolises how you will be treated when working with me.
I understand that life throws us all curveballs at times which can knock us but I will be for those as well!
How we think and what we tell ourselves impacts on how we feel and act. We all desire to feel calmer, confident and in control.
At 'Hello Sunshine' I use Hypnosis combined along with Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Cognitive based therapy, NLP and Neuroscience to help you change your perspective and achieve what you want in life.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy helps you to take steps to move towards what you want, rather than just moving away from the unwanted problems. Here is a testimonial from a previous client
"6 sessions with Jo has made major changes in my life; stress, anxiety and depression are more manageable. I can see the knock on effect within my family. Try it hand on heart you won't be disappointed".
What I can help with
- Anxiety (including panic attacks)
- Addictions / Addiction Recovery
- Sleep Issues
These are just some of the areas that I can help you with, however if you have a specific issue that is not mentioned below please get in touch to discuss it further and I will provide answers or guidance to help support you.
Book your free first step call today
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained at the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy School, which is considered to be the gold standard in hypnotherapy and is recognised as the Centre of Excellence for hypnotherapy/psychotherapy training. This training ensures that I deliver a high quality and professional service.
I am a qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist and I look forward to supporting you in on your journey to become your true self and breaking free from the issues in your life that are holding you back.
I love the positive and sometimes life changing effects hypnotherapy has on people, the satisfaction from helping others is priceless, 'I love my job'.
I often get asked where the name Hello Sunshine came from I spent 14 years on my own personal fertility journey and have been blessed with the most wonderful little girl who is my 'sunshine' no matter how grey the clouds are or what curveballs life throws, she reminds me of brighter day and how grateful I am, so for me to help others the name just seemed perfect.
I am registered with the following professional organisations -
- the Association of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH)
- The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- The Complementary and National Healthcare Council (CNHC), which is the UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners, which I work subject to their Code of Ethics.
- I hold an Access NI Enhanced Disclosure Certificate which enables me to work with children and vulnerable adults.
- I hold Hypnotherapy Practitioners Insurance underwritten by Holistic Insurance Services.
I have always wanted to help others prior to becoming a hypnotherapist, I spent 16 years working in the community and voluntary sector with learning disability, and mental health.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Free initial telephone session
Fees depend on the therapy, and will suit your needs and your pocket!
I am flexible and will try to suit the individual's needs. Please contact me should you have any specific requirements.
My therapy sessions can be done from the comfort of your own home via online therapy session or meeting with me on a 1-1 basis by contacting me to arrange an initial first step chat.
- "Jo is a kind, empathetic person and a very capable therapist. I would wholeheartedly recommend Jo to anyone considering this path, you won't be disappointed."
- "I done a 6 week programme with Jo. It was the best thing I ever done was go and have a chat with her. I now manage to have a full nights sleep which I always found impossible. Thanks so much for all your help."
- "Jo was amazing with my daughter and has helped her so much with her fear of dogs. I would highly recommend Hello Sunshine Hypnotherapy