Helen Brooks, IBS Specialist offering an online supported programme
I specialise in gut-directed therapy to help those with IBS. It’s a comfortable and easy way to help you to see improvements in your symptoms, so you can live as normal a life as possible.
I’m a Senior Clinical Hypnotherapist, I have a Degree in Applied Psychology, a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and thousands of hours of clinical experience.
My methods are evidence based, and I believe that what I do will help you move away from a place of pain and distress to one of calmness and comfort that’s going to have a positive impact on your life – and all from the comfort of your own home.
I'm on a mission to transform the lives of those with IBS one tummy at a time.
My guess is
- You have been diagnosed with IBS yet the medical system has been unable to help reduce your symptoms?
- You are tired of worrying about what you eat and have changed your diet so many times you are beyond confused?
- You’ve tried a multitude of supplements and yet you still suffer with symptoms?
Imagine being able to
- Leave the house without worrying about where the nearest toilets are and have a sense of control.
- Feel confident on journeys, in meetings and out socially.
- Feel relaxed about food and enjoy your meals?
- Live without constant bloating or suffering from constipation, diarrhoea or painful cramps.
I can help you work towards a better, happier, healthier and more rewarding life and I'm ready to start when you are.
With my unique 6 Step System to transform your IBS.
This programme is NOT for you if:
- You cannot commit to 20 minutes of listening to audios 4 or 5 times per week.
- You do not have a diagnosis of IBS.
- You are suffering from severe depression and may need extra support.
This is for you if you:
- Have you been diagnosed with IBS yet the medical system has been unable to help reduce your symptoms?
- Are tired of worrying about what you eat and have changed your diet so many times you are beyond confused?
- Have tried a multitude of supplements and yet you still suffer with symptoms.
The Tummy Whisperers -Transform your IBS Programme Is a comprehensive programme created with a carefully researched, evidence based approach using gut-directed hypnotherapy, wellness coaching and professional support. Designed to give you the best possible results in just 8 weeks whatever your symptoms of IBS are.
Each module is comprised of the information you need to give you the skills required for change, along with an accompanying high quality hypnosis audio tailored to your needs and weekly contact to ensure your progress, support you and answer your questions.
Here’s what my clients say about me.
“I can honestly say sessions with Helen have completely changed my life. When I look back to how I was, to how I am now it seems like I am a completely different person. “ Matt R
“ Helen is highly knowledgeable about IBS and is very understanding and easy to talk to which immediately put me at ease talking about my symptoms, experiences and anxieties around my IBS.
With Helens help I can finally get on top of an issue which has affected me since I was a young child. I feel more confident and relaxed in situations that I would have avoided before and therefore recommend Helen to anyone suffering from IBS.” James D.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Applied Psychology- Sussex University
- Diploma of Hypnotherapy- European College of Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification of Hypnotherapy Practice
- Senior Qualification of Hypnotherapy Practice
- Certificate in Gut Directed Hypnosis for IBS
- Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register
- Professional indemnity Insurance
- Code of Ethics
I have 17 years of experience and thousands of hours of clinical practice.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The General Hypnotherapy Register
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Please contact me for further details on my group programme or 1:1 support. If you have IBS I'm here to support you and look forwards to helping you transform your life.
15 years ago I saw my first IBS client and the relief that Hypnotherapy brought to her was nothing short of astounding. Following this I immersed myself into understanding how and why hypnotherapy is so effective and I found the research of Professor Whorwell the UK's leading IBS gastroenterologist and that of Professor Palsson.
There is a huge body of scientific evidence that shows consistently that a course of gut-directed hypnotherapy is effective at producing long term reduction of symptoms of IBS with response rates between 70-87% and in some more recent studies producing even better results.
Hypnotherapy is safe and relaxing with no side effects and usually helps not just colonic symptoms like pain, bloating, constipation and diarrhoea but also non colonic such as headaches, insomnia and anxiety.
I became frustrated at the lack of available support for those struggling with IBS and decided to use my experience and this knowledge to create a programme making specialist hypnotherapy support more available and accessible.
I am passionate about helping those with IBS for whom diet and medication hasn't brought about the relief that they so deserve. My support is professional yet warm, friendly and understanding. I am excited to be able to bring this programme to those that need it.