Bonnie Williamson DSFH HPD AfSFH MNCH (Reg) RGN RMN Dip Counselling
Hello I am Bonnie and I am a clinical hypnotherapist. You are here because you have decided you want to change something.
My passion is helping people feel better about themselves. You know that we can have fears, worries, anxieties, negative feelings or habits that stop us achieving our goals in life? I will help you break through whatever that is, so that you can go on to achieve great results in things that you previously thought difficult or even impossible.
I work with people like you who want to take control of their lives. I will help you by giving you the tools and motivation you need in order to achieve your goals, dreams, and be the best version of you. I work online and in my clinic.
Are you looking for help with anxiety? I specialise in helping people with anxiety.
Perhaps you have been feeling this way for a long time. You have tried other therapies. Now you are wondering if hypnotherapy could help and you have stumbled across my profile on the Hypnotherapy Directory. That was your first step and what a good move it was. The therapists listed here are all qualified and insured but not all therapists are the same. You want to ensure that you find the right one for you.
Let me tell you a bit more about how I can help you. I am a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist. Here are 11 reasons to contact me for a Free Consultation.
1. We focus on your future – there will be no need to talk about painful issues from the past. You probably know that when we continue to talk about our problem we can actually re-enforce them. We can end up feeling worse going around in a negative spiral. We will look at where you are now and where you want to go to. Therapy with me is a positive, gentle and stress-free experience. You will soon be able to get back in touch with the positive aspects of your life.
2. We measure your results – Solution Focused Hypnotherapists are part of a research program. We measure how you are you feeling at each session. You will be able to see your progress. Statistics are collected nationally so we can see how you progress compared with the national average.
3. You develop your power and become the expert – I believe that you know how to fix yourself. I help you find the way. We build on your strengths and capabilities and you feel more empowered to take steps forward at the pace you need.
4. You achieve long lasting results. You are making an investment in your future. We create your own toolkit for your life so you can deal with whatever life throws at you long after you have stopped attending the clinic . Changes happen at a deep cognitive level leading to changes in thought patterns which reduce anxiety and empower you to change the behaviour that you want to change.
5. I use the most effective aspects of therapy . I include the best aspects of traditional hypnotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP). I am trained to use particular techniques and strategies in order to provide an individual approach to suit your particular situation.
6. You will start to see results quickly. You should see a reduction in your anxiety levels within a few sessions and even after the initial consultation. You will be starting your solution focused journey straight away when you receive a relaxation download to listen to each night when it’s time to sleep. It is part of the process and you will see a difference.
7. It’s a very relaxing therapy. There’s no need to feel apprehensive about coming as you don’t have to talk about your worries. We help you to identify small steps forward and the guided relaxation (hypnosis) helps you to get in touch with your subconscious mind and make the changes that you want .
8. It is a brain-based therapy. Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is based in the latest neuroscience and psychology. I will explain how and why the therapy works. Hypnotherapy with me, helps you to understand your brain and why you do the things you do. You will see how you can get your brain to work better for you to improve your confidence, performance and self-esteem both professionally and personally.
9. Your sleep will improve. I will explain how your sleep is affected by anxiety. Once you are using the relaxation download and feeling more relaxed you should notice an improvement in your sleep pattern.
10. You will be able to do it. You do not need to get into a deep trance – you will be able to go into a relaxed state easily. You do this all the time - for example when you drive a car and realise that you have travelled 6 miles without noticing or when you are engrossed in the plot of a film and 2 hours has just slipped by. If you can use your imagination then you can go into a trance. Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is simple but very effective. I would love to tell you more so please get in touch for your Free Consultation.
11. I trained with the prestigious Clifton Practice to gain my Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. This gives you the assurance that the training undertaken is of the highest quality. I am fully insured with a DBS Certificate
As a mental health nurse with experience of therapy with children, young people and adults of all ages, I am uniquely placed to understand the problems that you are experiencing and I use all my knowledge and experience to help you.
I work in the following areas:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Physical Well-being (long term health issues)
Low Confidence & Self Esteem
Habit Breaking / Phobias and Fears
Exam/Driving Test nerves
Hypnotherapy can help with a wide range of issues so please get in touch if you would like help with something else.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
Diploma in Counselling
Diploma in Supervision
Registered Mental Nurse
Registered General Nurse
I have over 25 years experience as a mental health nurse working with all ages including children, teenagers and all adult age groups.
I am experienced in working with people with a variety of psychological problems particularly anxiety, stress, depression and ADHD.
Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
The Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) was set up to provide information about a modern form of Hypnotherapy and its associated benefits to members of the public. The main aim of the AfSFH is to spread awareness of the benefits of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. Its secondary aim is to support Hypnotherapists in their businesses by encouraging good practice and self-care.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
National Council for Hypnotherapy
The National Council for Hypnotherapy holds one of the largest registers of independent Hypnotherapists in the United Kingdom and strives to maintain the highest standards among its members.
There is an agreed Code of Conduct, an established Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure and all members are obliged to maintain comprehensive Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance, maintain regular CPD (continuing professional development) hours, and attend Supervision when needed.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I have a special interest in anxiety
I offer a FREE Initial Consultation.
Sessions thereafter are £70 per session, although I offer a range of multi session packages which provide discounts. Please contact me or see my website for more information