The rise of artificial intelligence: can AI replace hypnotherapy?
Be your own intelligent agent...
What is artificial intelligence?
These days most of us have heard of AI, or artificial intelligence. In this article I will look at what it is, how it can be used, and whether it can be used to replace clinical hypnotherapy as we know it.
AI is defined as intelligence demonstrated by machines. Artificial intelligence also speaks of intelligent agents: any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximise its chance of successfully achieving its goals.
Artificial Intelligence is in fact an area of computer science in which computer systems are able to perform tasks normally requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making and translation between languages.
So, can AI replace what we as humans do? Can AI replace, and ultimately beat, our own intelligence? Can AI replace the role of clinical hypnotherapy to resolve people's issues and problems, and mental health matters? Can AI replace the role of clinical hypnotherapy to improve people's lives; boosting people's confidence, self-esteem, motivation, and more?
In short: NO.
AI cannot replace a human's intelligence, nor can it beat it, and here's why...
The power of our unconscious mind is beyond anything that any machine, AI machine or intelligent agent could achieve, and since research has proven that we only use a very small part of our brains and unconscious minds, the reality is that we can achieve so much more than we ever believe we could, as well as far exceeding any machine or robot.
The myth that we only use 10% of our brains is of course not true, and the reason that it has been claimed to be a myth is that we actually do not know the exact figure of how much of our brains we do use. Researchers have stated that in fact it is more likely that we only know about 10% of the brain, rather than only using 10% of the brain.
The brain is so vast, complex, and undiscovered that scientists, surgeons, and neuroscientists claim that our knowledge of the brain to date only scratches the surface. Our knowledge of the brain is only the very tip of the iceberg.
The untapped power of our unconscious minds therefore means that it could be quite possible that we are only using approximately 2% of our brains, and that the remaining 98% of our brains is still unexploited and unused, waiting to be discovered...
This untapped potential in our unconscious mind is an infinite resource that, if used, can be life-changing and fully transformative. So how can we tap into this inner resource and how can we use it? Clinical hypnotherapists know more than most about the unconscious mind, and about the power of this untapped resource, and what it can achieve. I have seen clients change their lives in a matter of minutes, because that is all it takes, and even though there is so much of the unconscious mind that we don't understand, we can still tap into it, we can still tap into this unknown resource, and use it to our advantage.
Used correctly, we can use clinical hypnotherapy to change our lives and transform, to resolves issues and problems, and to create ourselves with a renewed sense of vigour, confidence, eagerness and enthusiasm, as well as creating our dream life from a place of calm.
So why can't AI do this for us?
The reason that artificial intelligence cannot do this for us is that it is not human. Full stop. Innately, human beings are all born with all of the inner resources that we will ever need, whether this is love, confidence, motivation, and so on...
Machines and robots are not.
As humans, we sometimes (and often) forget that we have all these resources to hand, deep inside us, deep within us, and we forget how to find them, how to access them, and how to use them.
During hypnosis and hypnotherapy we can re-programme our brains, and remind our unconscious minds of these untapped inner resources, and then we can begin using them again, enjoying them once more. It really is that simple. An artificial intelligent agent, or a robot, cannot do this for us.
So my advice to you is this - be your own intelligent agent!
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Rebecca Jones
Rebecca Jones (M.A.DipPCH) is a Clinical Hypnotherapist with a thriving practice in Harley St. London, and a clinic on Deansgate in Manchester.
Rebecca also travels extensively to clients around the world including Paris, New York, and further afield. She also provides an online hypnotherapy service & her new book will be published later this year.