Havening techniques – 12 things you need to know
1) There are currently 36 fully certified Havening practitioners worldwide. If you are considering seeing a Havening practitioner, it is essential that you only see an experienced practitioner who is fully trained (or has attended the approved training and is working towards their certification) and certified by Dr Ruden. This is because they have gone through a very thorough process to understand the science and are better equipped (and up to date) in how the Havening techniques work.
2) Havening is not just one technique. There is Event Havening (most commonly known), Transpirational Havening, Affirmational Havening, Outcome Havening, Role Havening to name but a few. Continued research and development by the Doctors and practitioners will continue to evolve these.
3) Havening has been refined in the past few years. You may have seen numerous articles or videos online showing how to apply Havening – many of these are misinterpreted, flawed, or out of date. Always check the source of information.
4) The process behind successful Havening is different to other types of therapies, requiring a skilled practitioner to understand how non-specific stressors can produce symptomatology, and how there can be multilayers generating symptoms that are dependent upon the landscape of the brain. The key is finding the original encoding event to remove the trauma and it’s not always straightforward, but once it’s discovered, the trauma can be depotentiated (removed).
5) Abreactions are not uncommon during a Havening session. It is therefore crucial that the practitioner is skilled and qualified to know how to continue.
6) Havening can be a stand-alone therapy, or used alongside other therapies, such as NLP, Hypnotherapy and coaching for an all-round process of personal change.
7) Routine self-Havening is highly effective particularly for those working in stressful situations (police, fire, ambulance, medical, lifeguard, troops etc), or even before attending an interview, important meeting, pre and post surgery, or a presentation.
8) Havening is truly exceptional in emergency situations, particularly where traumatisation can potentially occur.
9) The Havening techniques have been developed by New York neuroscientist Dr Ronald Ruden – an open-minded conventional medical doctor with a PhD in neuropharmacology (the study of brain chemistry) together with his brother Dr Steven Ruden, and is championed by Paul McKenna.
10) The Havening techniques are ground-breaking in the field of personal change, based on many years of clinical observations, research and development, which is ongoing.
11) Whilst the process appears deceptively simple, the effects are remarkable and are believed to create measurable physiological change in the structure or landscape of the brain.
12) All approved Havening Practitioners can be found at www.havening.org.
To quote Paul McKenna: “Havening is going to change the entire face of psychology”.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.