Stress management and resilience building - 6 day course
Designed both for those needing to deliver stress management training to their companies – and also for individual therapists looking to add to their skill set – this evidence-based stress management course will provide a strong foundation and skill set for helping clients or employees with stress management and resilience building.
Learn well established, evidence-based techniques for calming the body and mind in an increasingly overstimulated world.
Firstly, concepts and techniques are based on both experimental and clinical research.
Secondly, all theories and techniques taught in our courses need to be “science-based” – based upon scientific principles and, accepted “mechanisms of change”. As always our courses are based on rigorous clinical textbooks as well as deep personal experience of working with stress and resilience building.
What you will get from this stress management course:
- Learn how to work effectively with clients suffering from a wide range of stress-related issues
- Learn how to design and deliver stress management training in the workplace
- Understand the stress management approach
- Assess your client’s stress response and their triggers and symptoms
- Design treatment plans and exercises to calm the body and mind – and then build well-being and resilience.
- Understand both the physiology and neuroscience of stress. Firstly how to assess and work at the level of physiological stress response, and secondly, and how to take advance of principles of neuroplasticity to create deep, lasting change.
- Understand the psychology of stress, especially how to assess and work at the level of psychological factors increasing or maintaining a maladaptive stress response.
- Build your core knowledge and an extensive, powerful toolkit of techniques, strategies and interventions to your client therapy sessions and their journey back to health and resilient well-being.
- Design a stress management workshop as part of the course!
- Course fee includes two textbooks!
- A course manual with all powerpoints, forms, scripts and handouts.
- Access to an online resource area
- 1 hour of 1-to-1 personal tutoring/coaching as a follow-up to the course
- Additional mentoring/coaching available if required (e.g. for those delivering workplace interventions, training and workshops)
The UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy: our reputation and core principles are founded on the emphasis we place on simple, no-nonsense, evidence-based approaches derived from the mainstream clinical and research literature.