Persona therapy CPD - online diploma
About this CPD course
Persona therapy is an advanced form of 'parts therapy'. It has become a popular option for therapists seeking to expand their therapeutic repertoire. This approach differs from other parts-based therapies in the emphasis that is put on allowing the client to develop their own ‘personae list’.
True to the ‘Eriksonian Principle of Utilisation', this form of therapy allows the client to draw on their own inner resources, in the development of a ‘vincular’ self. The vincular self (from the Latin ‘vincere’, to draw together), is the director of the ‘life-play’ in which the personae play out their ‘scenes’. We will also introduce the student to the ‘matrix’ system for identifying conflicts, alliances and threats amongst the client’s personae. This distance learning CPD Masterclass is based on over 25 years developing this form of therapy.
- precursors to persona therapy
- conceptual basis
- origins and historical awareness
- components and categories of personae
- the personae spectrum
- difference between personae and multiple personality disorder
- the role of ‘I’
- episodic and narrative thinking
- cognitive bias
- social role performance and psychodramatic roles
- the role of identity
- when to use persona therapy
- types of personae problem
- persistent dysfunctions
- personae problems
- the five stages of persona therapy
- the ‘casting’ technique (used to separate out various personae)
- how to apply structures for analyzing persona
- how to interpret each persona’s significance for the client’s problems
- how to use the ‘persona matrix’ to identify conflicts, alliances and threats
- how to design a ‘cast party’ as a therapeutic tool for carrying therapy forward
- worked examples
- specimen script
- additional persona therapy techniques
Upon enrolment, you will be sent the course material via email. To make the best use of this course, it is suggested you read through all of the material at least once or twice, before starting to answer the questions at the end of each section. If you have difficulty in answering any question, go back and re-read the relevant part again. You do not need to submit your answers to these.
When you feel confident that you have absorbed the content, get in touch with us and we will send you the final assessment for you to complete and return for marking. We offer support throughout. Upon a successful assessment, you will be issued with a diploma certificate and registered as having completed the course, which is equivalent to 20 CPD hours. The assessor holds a Royal Society of Arts NVQ award in psychotherapy/hypnotherapy training.
CPD: 20 Hours
Visit our website for more information.
Hosted by Nicolette Pinkney
PSI Training - Mike Garrett and Nicolette Pinkney. Delivering professional training in the field of hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and solution-focused counselling since 1989, we have developed a unique model of therapy. This is reflected in our distance-learning CPD courses, which are adapted from our intensive weekend masterclasses.