Stephen Mawdsley Dip Hyp, DNLP, GQHP, MNCH, GHRreg, CNHCreg,
My name is Steve Mawdsley and I am a professionally qualified clinical Hypnotherapist. I am very lucky & privileged in what I do, helping people achieve their goals and objectives. Every time somebody leaves having achieved their desired goal, I get a big kick and a great deal of Job satisfaction.
I offer a personalised, individual approach. I treat my clients as individuals and I believe in changing my therapy to fit the client. I believe that my qualifications and professional experience allow me to offer an excellent service to all of my clients, and my treatments are tailored using the most up to date techniques that are widely recognised as the most efficient interventions.
I try to make it as easy as possible for people to come and see me and to this end I have offices in Preston, Blackpool & Warton.
Hypnotherapy can be used to treat a range of emotional and psychological problems and a wide range of unhelpful behaviours. Hypnotherapy is an excellent intervention to support people in making positive changes in their lives. I have heard over the years many people saying such things as “why don’t you just do it” or “ its simple enough anybody can do that”. As individuals we are all have our own life experiences and what is easy for one person, is not necessarily so for another.
If you want to make a positive change in your life then hypnotherapy can be an excellent tool in helping you achieve your goals. Please get in touch if you are interested in a consultation or would like a confidential discussion about how I may be able to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered with the Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of the Professional Standards Authority
- Certified by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Certified Smoking Cessation Specialist
- Certified Weight Management Specialist
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy accredited by the General Hypnotherapy standards council
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming (DNLP) endorsed by the Guild of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- General qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP) Accepted by the GHR/GHSC
- Registered at practitioner level on the General hypnotherapy register (GHRreg)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
As well as the issues already mentioned I can help with:
- Car confidence
- Driving phobias
- Bad habits
- Social anxiety and Insomnia
Photos & videos
- A session is between 60 & 90 minutes duration and costs £60
- Smoking cessation is done in 1 two hour session and costs £120
My Client Testimonials
"Hi Steve, How are you? I just thought I'd drop you a quick note to let you know how I am going after my hypnotherapy back in June. Yesterday I sang twice with absolutely no fear and have been really enjoying myself. I have teamed up with another chap and we are building our act more and more and as I said we had two gigs yesterday and they went really well. So, whatever you did mate, it worked so Thank you Thank you." Hugh
"Hi Steve, As you know I have suffered with an ever increasing phobia of frogs & toads (and anything in between) for over 35 years.This fear had been with me since a childhood incident, that had meant I could not look at a photograph of them or even say the words 'frog' or 'toad, at the age of 45, I shouldn't feel like this, but it had just got worse as the years went by. I never expected to ever be able to change that feeling & just learned to work around it.
As soon as I got home after the session , my boyfriend brought up some images of frogs on his laptop for me to attempt to look at, I looked at them & when asked what they were I replied 'froggies', like they were suddenly cute or something! I couldn't quite register at first that I'd looked at them at all, but since then I've seen lots of pictures of frogs, I've watched them on tv and I've actively looked for them a few times. Incredible! My boyfriend can't believe the change. Thanks." Steph
I am aware that most people have jobs they go to Monday to Friday, I am also available for appointments at the weekend and early evening when needed.