Emma Wright, BSc (Hons), PG Cert (Clin Hyp)
The aim of Hypnosis is to use the natural abilities of your mind to safely bring about the change you require.
I work from Ashtead as a clinical hypnotherapist, incorporating mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy into your sessions. I work with a broad range of conditions, including stress and anxiety, phobias, infertility, low self-confidence, weight loss and anger management. I also help with the fine tuning of parenting skills required to manage lively children. Self-hypnosis helped me to overcome my fear of public speaking, and to achieve my target weight. I will teach you self-hypnosis, to help you to achieve your goals.
Having worked extensively in the corporate environment and the voluntary sector, I have hands-on experience of the challenges faced in a demanding and hectic world. I suffered a serious physical injury as a teenager. Complementary therapy, including hypnotherapy helped me to recover from chronic pain. In the NHS, as an assistant physiotherapist I gave emotional support to patients, who with a positive mindset, recovered from operations more quickly and successfully.
I have been trained to use EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing), a well researched technique, proven to be effective with a range of traumas and phobias. I use many other techniques alongside EMDR.
I was fortunate to train with The London College of Clinical Hypnosis and The University of West London, and was awarded at distinction level with the only university accredited hypnotherapy qualification worldwide.
The British Society of Clinical Hypnosis, of which I am an associate member, sets the highest standard of training and professional ethics, which I follow, to provide a high standard of ethical treatments.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy with The London College of Clinical Hypnosis and The University of West London
- BSc Honours, Psychology
- Certificates in Counselling Studies, Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, Levels 2&3
- Various training programmes to support parents with adopted children who have attachment and other difficulties ... specifically with the objective of supporting adoptive parents
- Approved Anxiety UK vounteer hypnotherapist
- Sergeant At Arms for Ashtead Toastmasters International (public speaking) Group
- Past volunteer roles, with MacMillan Cancer, Brigitte Trust (Dorking), and Victim Support. In-house training completed including Loss and Bereavement
- Associate member of British Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Associate member of International Federation of Holistic Therapists
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
£50 per session
A free initial twenty-minute telephone consultation is recommended. Your first session will be up to 75 minutes. Subsequent sessions are one hour.
Daytime weekdays, 9am - 3pm
Evenings, Monday to Thursdays, 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- NVQ in Cancer Awareness, awarded by Macmillan Cancer
- Diplomas awarded by The International Exam Board for Complementary Therapies for: Sports Massage; Reflexology; On-Site Massage and Stress Management; Anatomy, Physiology & Health
- Diploma in Shiatsu & Oriental Medicine (Morley College, London)
Fear of Flying:
"I was very afraid of flying for over 20 years, and normally taking serious medication to combat this. It was very interesting to know that Emma also does hypnotherapy. My last flight to the USA which was recent, made me nervous. I was only able to book 2 appointments before I went. Emma was positive, calm and reassuring, and after both sessions I definitely had a better attitude towards my impending departure. Emma also gave me lots of helpful hints and tricks for before and during the flight. I can now happily report that following hypnotherapy, I didn't feel at all anxious during my flights. My medication didn't leave my bag. I thank you Emma. I would highly recommend hypnotherapy with you." (HG, Ashtead)
"I went to Emma for hypnotherapy during a cycle of IVF. I found it a helpful source of support for coping with anxiety and stress during this time. It left me feeling calmer, much more positive and more in control of my thoughts." (KW, Ashtead)
"I found Emma to be calming and empathic. I felt myself relaxing totally during my sessions with her and I use her techniques at night if I have trouble getting to sleep." (LT, Ashtead)
"Emma is a very calming and reassuring therapist. It is clear that Emma has your best interests at heart, and she conducts herself in a highly professional manner. Emma's sessions are always beneficial and produce real change. I enjoy therapy with Emma and would recommend her to anyone." (JD, Leicester)