Alison Becker D.Hyp MBSCH CP.AMT CNHC Registered
35 Homefield Close
The Mendip Suite
Mendip Vale Medical Practice
Pudding Pie Lane
01934 843382 / 07715 286606
I qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist in 2003, having trained with the London College of Clinical Hypnosis. In addition, I have trained in EMDR and am an EFT Practitioner. I am a full member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis and registered with the AMT and CNHC.
We all have good and bad experiences in our lives and quite commonly a negative event, or series of events cause us to form negative beliefs about ourselves or a situation. This can then lead to a cycle of unhelpful patterns of thinking and feeling. Over time, stress and anxiety can build and have a general negative effect on our mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
I use a combination of hypnotherapy, EFT & EMDR to help both adults and children alleviate whatever problem or issue is currently causing them difficulty or distress in their everyday lives. Supporting people through a relaxing process of positive change. Helping them to release negative feelings, beliefs and unhelpful negative responses and so alleviate associated emotional stress. Using relaxation and visualisation techniques, I help people to focus on their positive inner resources to promote personal growth and a more optimistic outlook. This enables people to feel more confident and in control. This process of gentle, positive change naturally reduces stress and anxiety, releases unwanted habits and creates a more positive focus.
I work at three locations in North Somerset. The Mendip Suite, Mendip Vale Medical Practice, Langford. Bellissima, Langford and at my home in Winscombe. I can also visit people in their home if needed.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy. I trained with the London College of Clinical Hypnosis and have over 12 years experience helping people with a wide range of issues.
- I am a full member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- I have trained and have over ten years of experience in treating trauma with EMDR.
- I am an EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Practitioner.
- I am a full member of The Associate of Meridian Energy Therapies.
- I am a registered member of the CNHC (Complementary & National Healthcare Council).
- I have Counselling Certificate Levels I & II
- I undertake regular Continuing Professional Development through Masterclasses, courses and supervision.
- I have a background in Pharmacy and am a qualified Dispensing Assistant.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Relief from traumatic experiences using EMDR.
Children's fears, anxieties and issues.
Each session is approximately 90 minutes: £75
Shorter sessions for younger children 1 hour: £60
Smoking Cessation single two hour session: £140
Sessions are usually arranged weekly.
The number of sessions required depends on the needs of the individual and the issue(s) to be addressed.
An indication of the approximate number of sessions required can usually be given at the first session.
Hypnotherapy can be helpful in treating the following:-
Fears & Phobias
Anxiety & Worry
Motorway driving/test confidence
Fears & Phobias
Thumb sucking/Nail biting
Exam nerves/performance anxiety
Staying away from home
9am - 6pm Monday to Friday