Diploma in anorexia, bulimia, eating disorders and OCD
Date & Time:12th - 13th November 2016, 10am - 5pm
Cost:£275 (£240 for NCH members)
Location:The Hypnotherapy Centre
421, Durnsford Road
- Find an event in your area
Due to retirement, this will be your last opportunity to attend this specialist diploma course, so book soon to avoid disappointment!
Anorexia, bulimia, eating disorders and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) are increasingly common in our society today. The therapeutic approach can be extremely complex and clients will want to know that their therapist has a good understanding of their condition, underlying issues and treatment approaches. On this in-depth, comprehensive two day course, David will help you to gain a better understanding of these conditions and more importantly, to provide you with a well established means of helping your clients to overcome these disorders. This course will assist you greatly in providing good clinical care. This is an exceptionally interesting and informative two day diploma course, on these often difficult to deal with clients.
The course content will include:
- Statistics, risk factors, family and social, biological and psychological factors.
- Signs and symptoms.
- AEBW (average expected body weight).
- Effects of under nourishment.
- Anorexia nervosa, bulimia, simple bulimia, compulsive over eating, binge and other eating disorders.
- Initial consultation - What to look for and what to ask your client.
- Plan of action for each of the above.
- Effective therapy.
- Homework directives
- Common obsessions, compulsions, similar disorders and pure O.
- Belief patterns.
- Cognitive intrusions.
- Co-morbid mental health conditions with all the above.
- Initial consultation.
- Plan of action.
- Effective therapy.
- ERP exposure and response prevention.
- Homework directives.
- Case histories on the above.
- Group participation / scenarios in all the above.
About the host
David Kato is a clinical hypnotherapist, behavioural therapist & psycho-analyst with many years experience of client work & teaching hypnotherapy & CBT to therapists. His specialism is clinical depression, major depressive disorder (MDD), uni & bi-polar depression disorders, anti & post-natal depression, eating disorders, anxiety disorders & OCD.
I have had insomnia for many years but the problem has escalated in recent months with me either being unable to...
So I have been having difficulties since i met my husband, not that he is the root of the problem you must...
I've always been anxious and I wanted some more confidence. I decided to go and see a hypnotherapist, and...