I am a fully qualified and experienced Solution Focused Hypnotherapist based in the beautiful South Hams on the southern tip of Dartmoor. I trained as a radiographer in Plymouth and enjoyed a 15 year career in the NHS and private sector before starting a family and moving with my husband to live in Africa. In 2005 Devon beckoned once more, and the Potter family has been settled here since then.
I trained in Hypnotherapy at the Observatory Practice in Plymouth, part of renowned Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training, and am qualified in Hypnotherapy (HPD, DSFH). I am fully insured and hold a current DBS check.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy from the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training school and also the Hypnotherapy Practioner Diploma. I have a great deal of experience with clients with anxiety, depression, phobias, weight management issues, pain, self-esteem and confidence issues and much more. I use the CORP research tool to assess the outcomes of treatment.
I have been seeing Sally at Aloft Hypnotherapy for a few months now. Her gentle, calm and caring approach has helped me control and overcome some bad anxiety habits, that were affecting me physically and mentally. Thank you, Sally, for your wonderful Hypnosis sessions, support and guidance! Highly recommended! Jasmine, Noss Mayo
I have been working with Sally for some weeks. The whole experience is of a wonderful happy time of sorting out and calming one's thoughts. I have never slept so well in all my life. I can fully recommend the Aloft experience. Ruth, Yealmpton
The combination of a demanding job and family life left me feeling completely overwhelmed and out of control. This led me into a vicious circle of poor sleep, acute anxiety and procrastination. I was desperately unhappy and fearful. Working with Sally at Aloft Hypnotherapy has enabled me to break out of this cycle and move forward.
Within a few sessions, I was able to relax, understand the reasons for my behaviour and control the panic attacks. I now practice what I learned every day and have a completely different outlook on the world. This has enabled me to achieve more and to focus on the things in my life that make me happy.
I have made some great progress with you Sally, very powerful, thank you! Deb, Ivybridge
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
- Free Initial Consultation – this session is a chance to meet and discuss the changes that you want to make so that you can decide if this is the right therapy for you. I will explain the way the brain creates the conditions we experience, and this in itself is a powerful catalyst for change. I will let you know how many sessions we can expect to be working together – specific phobias and fears usually take 3 sessions following the initial consultation, general therapy requires 8-12 sessions, although this will vary from person to person. No trancework is included in this consultation, which lasts for 45-60 minutes. Free of charge
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Session – these further sessions, following an initial consultation, consist of an element of psychotherapy, using modern solution-focused techniques, and the best of NLP and CBT. This is reinforced with hypnotherapy lasting approximately half of the session length. 50-60 minutes. £60
- Smoking Cessation – consists of one session lasting from 1.5-2 hours (no initial consultation is required) £150
Payment is taken at the end of each session. I can accept all major credit cards, and cash.
I operate a 48 hour cancellation policy. If a session is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, full payment is due for that session.
*Success is dependent on there being a real desire to make a change, so there will be work for you to do! Working together, Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is fast and effective.
Type of session
Normal clinic hours are Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 08.00 - 20.00 Weekends by arrangement.