Pat O'Connor MBACP, DABCH, CHBPP
Thank you for visiting my page. I am a fully qualified Advanced Hypnotherapist and Counsellor with over 20 years experience as a therapist.
During this time I have worked with a variety of issues and I am happy to have a chat with you first, if you are unsure about what sort of therapist you would like to work with and how you are going to present your particular concerns to a professional. You have taken your first brave step towards improving your life by logging on to this site. I would consider it a privilege to help you with the next steps you are about to take.
Having decided that now is the time to change your life for the better, the rest gets easier. I wish you every success in your future journey to move on from any constraints that have prevented you from reaching your potential.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have qualified in Advanced Hypnotherapy and HypnoHealing. In addition to this I studied Psychology at University of London and went on to train as a counsellor with Relate. My core training was in Psychodynamic and Systemic Counselling.
- Diploma in Psychology - University of London
- Certificate in Applied Psychology (Psychotherapy and Counselling) University of London
- Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling - Relate
- BACP Member since 2001
- Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy and HypnoHealing - Atkinson-Ball College (2008)
- CHBPP: Qualified as a practitioner in easibirthing - Hypnotherapy supporting childbirth (2010)
The Corporation of Advanced Hypnotherapy
The Corporation of Advanced Hypnotherapy was formed in 1986, and is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards within their profession. Members are Advanced Hypnotherapists, which means that their therapists have proven to have completed their advanced training in Hypnotherapy, and have satisfactorily demonstrated their advanced skills. The Corporation is active in representing all its members on a national level. All of their U.K. and Ireland members are registered with The U.K. Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations – UKCHO.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Hypnotherapy for Fertility
- Weight Management
- I am also an experienced Relationship Counsellor (in practice since 1996): trained by relate and a registered member of the bacp
- My fees are £70 per session for Hypnotherapy. As the nature of hypnotherapy does not lend itself well to rigid time constraints, sessions may take considerably longer than the therapeutic hour (50mins)
I offer a reduced rate for young people, students and those suffering financial hardship at my discretion.
My sessional/course rates for groups vary. Please phone or email for details.
My fees for ongoing weekly counselling sessions are £50 (50 mins).