Pat O'Connor MBACP, DABCH, CHBPP
07790 595 070
Thank you for visiting my page. I am a fully qualified Advanced Hypnotherapist and Counsellor with over 20 years experience as a therapist.
During this time I have worked with a variety of issues and I am happy to have a chat with you first, if you are unsure about what sort of therapist you would like to work with and how you are going to present your particular concerns to a professional. You have taken your first brave step towards improving your life by logging on to this site. I would consider it a privilege to help you with the next steps you are about to take.
Having decided that now is the time to change your life for the better, the rest gets easier. I wish you every success in your future journey to move on from any constraints that have prevented you from reaching your potential.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have qualified in Advanced Hypnotherapy and HypnoHealing. In addition to this I studied Psychology at University of London and went on to train as a counsellor with Relate. My core training was in Psychodynamic and Systemic Counselling.
- Diploma in Psychology - University of London
- Certificate in Applied Psychology (Psychotherapy and Counselling) University of London
- Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling - Relate
- BACP Member since 2001
- Diploma in Advanced Hypnotherapy and HypnoHealing - Atkinson-Ball College (2008)
- CHBPP: Qualified as a practitioner in easibirthing - Hypnotherapy supporting childbirth (2010)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Hypnotherapy for Fertility
- Weight Management
- I am also an experienced Relationship Counsellor (in practice since 1996): trained by relate and a registered member of the bacp
- My fees are £70 per session for Hypnotherapy. As the nature of hypnotherapy does not lend itself well to rigid time constraints, sessions may take considerably longer than the therapeutic hour (50mins)
I offer a reduced rate for young people, students and those suffering financial hardship at my discretion.
My sessional/course rates for groups vary. Please phone or email for details.
My fees for ongoing weekly counselling sessions are £50 (50 mins).
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Ground floor consulting room. Rear entrance can be made wheelchair accessible with advance notice.
9.30am to 9.30pm Monday to Friday. I reply to email enquiries as soon as I can and nearly always on the day I receive it.