Becky Burdon BA (hons), Dip Hyp CS, Dip PC, MHS, MNCS (Acc.)
Lower Ground Floor
41 Huddersfield Road
I am passionate about living life to the full and helping other people to do the same. Hypnotherapy is such a powerful tool; it can change lives. I know, first hand, just how powerful hypnotherapy and mindfulness techniques can be. I had CFS/ME for 12 years before doing the Lightning Process, which uses hypnotherapy and NLP among other techniques, to make a full recovery. That was over 10 years ago and now I am fitter, healthier and stronger than before I was ill in the first place. I've even run 2 international marathons!
I'm qualified as both a Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. My training was completed with Chrysalis. I'm a licensed NLP Master Practitioner, having the honour to have trained with Dr. Richard Bandler (the co-creator of NLP). I'm also a fully trained Mindfulness Teacher, having trained with Bangor University in MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) and I like to integrate these approaches in my work. I practise what I preach too, so mindfulness permeates my whole life. Due to this background I am excellent at working with people to combat stress and anxiety.
I believe in treating the whole person, so I work in an imaginative, creative and caring way. I tailor treatment to the individual, therefore my approach is different with each client, depending on what's needed. I'm told I have a calm and relaxing manner and this filters through to my therapy room, which is a safe and reassuring environment.
As part of my holistic approach to health and wellbeing I'm keen to help other people achieve success in their professional and personal life; to be the best they can be. I want to help people unlock the potential they already have within themselves, in whatever area they need support, perhaps business success, sports performance, self-esteem or weight loss.
I relate well to children and my background in Primary Teaching means I have lots of experience working with children and young people. I have worked with children from birth to 18. I'm committed to helping children to manage their emotions in order to grow into healthy and well-balanced adults.
I would love the opportunity to work with you and help you to unlock the potential already there for good health and wellbeing so that you can live your life to the full.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in Primary Education and Music
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills with Distinction
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Trained Mindfulness Teacher (Bangor University, CMRP)
- Licensed NLP Master Practitioner
- Trained in Working with Anxiety (using CBT, Mindfulness & Hypnotherapy techniques)
- Training in EmoTrance techniques
- Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Mindfulness Teacher
- Psychotherapeutic counselling
- Licensed NLP Master Practitioner
Photos & videos
- If you feel you need to know more, Free 20 minute chat available to talk about how hypnotherapy could help you.
- The number of sessions needed varies, depending on the issue. This would be discussed at the initial consultation. As a rough guide I usually recommend an initial consultation followed by three sessions. Sessions are chargeable at £75 per hour.
- 2 hour one off quit smoking session. This session costs £225
- 30 minute "Massage for the Mind" hypnotic relaxation session. £35
- One-to-one Mindfulness Training. £75 per hour
- I offer a 5 Week Mindfulness Course (within a group). £195
My relaxing therapy room is in Holmfirth in the heart of the Holme Valley. It is easily accessible from Huddersfield, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Bradford and the West Yorkshire region. Only 25 mins from both the M1 (junctions. 38 & 39) and the M62 (junctions. 23 & 24). There is plenty of cheap car parking. There is a regular bus service from Huddersfield. Then it's just a couple of minutes walk to my location.
I work flexible hours. I will do my best to accommodate you.